shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis bracelet help.

theboomski

Rough_Rock
The wife and I are looking at trying to purchase her a 3-3.5 CTW tennis bracelet from a local jewelry mom and pop shop.

3 prong yellow gold is what she wants.

Do not know the color or clarity of the diamonds, didn’t ask, they’re family friends and are offering us 50% off.
Comes out to about a little more the. $4.2k

I’ll ask them when I speak with them tomorrow, or go by and look at it, they just got it in for us.

Any other place I should focus and possibly give a chance for my business?

I attached a photo of the one we ordered but are getting it in yellow gold.
DD458FDB-F14C-4237-B929-C380331029D5.jpeg

theboomski

Rough_Rock
Whiteflash has this three carat bracelet in yellow gold. The wire price isn't much different from what your friend is quoting so I am not seeing his 50% off?

I assume retail store, compared to WF is the difference in price.
So it seems like the price I’m getting and what I can find online are comparable.

theboomski

Rough_Rock
And, a big and I might add, you know what your getting from Whiteflash. I wouldn’t spend thousands of dollars and not know all the details…friends or not!

Yeah, those are details I’ll get when I give them a ring/go in. 100% would not go thru with a purchase without details.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So it seems like the price I’m getting and what I can find online are comparable.

It's highly unlikely the local jeweler's diamonds are super ideal cut like Whuteflash's, and it's the cut that will determine how well the diamonds perform.

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
You've gotten some great advice so far. Having the jeweler put down on paper the Color/Clarity and Cut quality of the diamonds would be great.
One thing that's not mentioned too much though is the quality of the tennis bracelet mounting. I've found that there's a pretty large variance of product out there. There are usually 2-3 options for a vendor to choose from. The options are usually something like Korean/Chinese or local made mountings. It would be an extremely rare occurrence for the jeweler to manufacture the mounting themselves. If that's a possibility, it's usually the finer options albeit the mounting ends up being heavier.

Good luck!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt the diamond cut quality is the same. Your friend is telling you he is giving you 50% off so his bracelet should have been 8k? Whiteflash isn’t giving you a deal so no the prices aren’t comparable in my opinion.WF uses top of they line diamonds in their bracelets - I haven’t see a retail store yet use the same quality. I would always choose Whiteflash because the cut quality of their diamonds is far better than what you can find in retail stores.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Most of the general population hasn't seen a super ideal cut diamond, so they don't realize the vast difference in the light return of them (the sparkle). So, like the others are saying above, you are not getting a "deal" in my opinion and the two bracelets are NOT the same.

Also, from what I can see (which is not much from your quick photo) I'm not in love with the prongs in that setting, and it seems like the diamonds are set kinda high (but without more/better photos its hard to tell.)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Also, be sure you are not being sold lab diamonds, unless you are okay with them and the price is much lower.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results