shape
carat
color
clarity

Tennis bracelet help!

Choosie1

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone. I have been lurking here for a bit and I have enjoyed seeing everyone's bling!!

I currently have 3 ct tennis bracelet that was a 5 yr anniversary gift from my hubby. I have never loved it as I thought it was too small! SO........

I am turning 50 in December and for my milestone birthday I was thinking of getting a 2nd tennis bracelet to stack! I would love your opinions...I have been eyeing a 7 ct WG tennis bracelet - but I am unsure of whether I should go 4 prong or 3. Do you think it would make a difference since I am going to stack these? Would one look better than the other. I will likely wear both the of them on my right hand and not with my watch.

Here are a couple of up close pics to show the setting i currently have....don't mind the poor quality pics.

bracelet1.jpg bracelet2 (2).jpg

JoJa12345

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Happy 50th!
7ct is a very nice size for a tennis bracelet ~ it will have a big presence on your wrist. The most common advice I see (on PS) for tennis bracelets is get the biggest you can afford because people tend to want bigger as time goes on (so your 7ct covers that, for sure).
As for 3 or 4 prongs ~ I highly recommend going to a store and checking them out in person. They are very different in terms of style. My thinking is you may like 3 prong over 4 prong because your current tennis bracelet has a significant amount of metal. 3 prongs also tend to look rounder (each stone) and the 4 prong can look a little more square (depending on the setting).
Personally, I love a 4 prong tennis bracelet because it's classic to me and that's more my jewelry style.
Have fun with the process and the best advice I can give is take your time and try on as many bracelets as you can! :)

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
I think a 3 prong would look lovely. A little different to what you have. The 7 carat is a nice size on its own as well!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love the bar! so pretty. I would go 3, that's just my preference, less metal to take away from the stone. Or bezel :D

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
7 ct is a great size. I like 4 prongs but that is personal preference. Can't wait to see your new bracelet!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I have 4 prong and wish I had gotten a 3 prong! But as everyone has advised it’s a personal preference. Let us know what you decide!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I agree with @JoJa12345 ..... The three-prong will be a nice complementary piece next to your bar-set. Many congratulations on your upcoming milestone birthday--I'm excited to see your new biking! :)

Dee Dee

Rough_Rock
I agree! I’d go to a store to see which you like more and if one style compliments your 3 carat more.

I just purchased a 6 carat 4 prong and found that the 4 prongs were less expensive than the 3 prong. I had a hard time justifying paying more when I could get a higher carat. The 4 prong has a lot of presence and looks like a steady flow of sparkle from a distance. You can get a 4 prong where you see more diamonds than metal. The 4 prong is classic and line of diamonds type of effect it gives made me go with it.

The 3 prong does accent the round shape of each stone where each stone tends to stand out more. It gives a bit of special interest from close up. I was looking at a 4 carat 3 prong, it was dainty but really caught my eye.

I reviewed a lot of Instagram posts to help give me more a reference point.

It’s a tough choice so I am thinking I will get a 3 prong to add to my stack.

Congratulations, look forward to seeing what you choose.

I know you mentioned WF, but I found a Costco 5 carat I VS2 bracelet and took that price to a few jewelers and found that they were able to price match or based on relationship offer an even 1C9797D1-E752-4774-BFEA-95E78E9E1D7F.jpeg 574BB1BB-CF80-4116-B93E-544817728D2E.jpeg 871DB508-11FC-46F5-B3BC-9A7479776A70.jpeg better price and quality.

I ended up with a 6 carat GH VS2 bracelet. I then compared it to a Tiffany’s bracelet to assess the difference in quality. If you order the WF bracelet, you may want to consider comparing it to ensure you see the difference and to justify the hike in price.

Had I not done any competitive shopping I would have paid $2k more. I even shared ID Jewelry as a competitor and I noticed my local high end jewelers budge on their prices.

Happy 50th!
7ct is a very nice size for a tennis bracelet ~ it will have a big presence on your wrist. The most common advice I see (on PS) for tennis bracelets is get the biggest you can afford because people tend to want bigger as time goes on (so your 7ct covers that, for sure).
As for 3 or 4 prongs ~ I highly recommend going to a store and checking them out in person. They are very different in terms of style. My thinking is you may like 3 prong over 4 prong because your current tennis bracelet has a significant amount of metal. 3 prongs also tend to look rounder (each stone) and the 4 prong can look a little more square (depending on the setting).
Personally, I love a 4 prong tennis bracelet because it's classic to me and that's more my jewelry style.
Have fun with the process and the best advice I can give is take your time and try on as many bracelets as you can! :)

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I agree with @JoJa12345 ..... The three-prong will be a nice complementary piece next to your bar-set. Many congratulations on your upcoming milestone birthday--I'm excited to see your new biking! :)

*bling

Good grief. Autocorrect stinks.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! I’d go to a store to see which you like more and if one style compliments your 3 carat more.

I just purchased a 6 carat 4 prong and found that the 4 prongs were less expensive than the 3 prong. I had a hard time justifying paying more when I could get a higher carat. The 4 prong has a lot of presence and looks like a steady flow of sparkle from a distance. You can get a 4 prong where you see more diamonds than metal. The 4 prong is classic and line of diamonds type of effect it gives made me go with it.

The 3 prong does accent the round shape of each stone where each stone tends to stand out more. It gives a bit of special interest from close up. I was looking at a 4 carat 3 prong, it was dainty but really caught my eye.

I reviewed a lot of Instagram posts to help give me more a reference point.

It’s a tough choice so I am thinking I will get a 3 prong to add to my stack.

Congratulations, look forward to seeing what you choose.

I know you mentioned WF, but I found a Costco 5 carat I VS2 bracelet and took that price to a few jewelers and found that they were able to price match or based on relationship offer an even 1C9797D1-E752-4774-BFEA-95E78E9E1D7F.jpeg 574BB1BB-CF80-4116-B93E-544817728D2E.jpeg 871DB508-11FC-46F5-B3BC-9A7479776A70.jpeg better price and quality.

I ended up with a 6 carat GH VS2 bracelet. I then compared it to a Tiffany’s bracelet to assess the difference in quality. If you order the WF bracelet, you may want to consider comparing it to ensure you see the difference and to justify the hike in price.

Had I not done any competitive shopping I would have paid $2k more. I even shared ID Jewelry as a competitor and I noticed my local high end jewelers budge on their prices.

Goodness! Heather Rae Young's e-ring, bracelets, and watch are impressive!!! Unfortunately for me, I like the tennis bracelet in the middle picture to the right of the watch with black dial. I hate to think what size those stones are!

I've been looking, too. I even ordered a lab one to decide if natural is worth it. What I have found with pricing is that WF stock bracelets are a pretty good price for the quality. But when I got custom prices for a standard 4 prong setting which they don't have as a stock bracelet, the price really increases a lot. So the best deal is to get their 6 ctw 3 prong bracelet. I am debating about ordering one to look at. I am just not sure about the setting.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results