shape
carat
color
clarity

Ten year anniversary band - need help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RyanW

Rough_Rock
Hello All, my first post here and I see there are lots and lots of subjects. My ten year anniversary is 6 months away (and I feel will need every day prior to in order to decide). I have been looking at Princess cuts, and Lucere cuts. Now I see this Gabrielle diamond cut out there that looks breathtaking. I am looking at a 3-stone band with a "D" center stone of .70 and the sides "F" around .60, clarity on all VS1. A local jewler (trusted friend) can get me a princess with vs1 clarity in a white gold setting for around $5,500. So my question is this: does this price sound good? 2nd: Should I scrap a little on size and go with Gabrielle. I want something different and unique. My engagement ring was less than stellar to say the least in a J color (hey I was a poor bloke at the time). I really want to make up for it. Any comments/criticism will be appreciated. Thank you!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 12/2/2003 8:08:36 PM RyanW wrote:

I am looking at a 3-stone band with a 'D' center stone of .70 and the sides 'F' around .60, clarity on all VS1. A local jewler (trusted friend) can get me a princess with vs1 clarity in a white gold setting for around $5,500. ----------------

Congartulations !

First things first... as far as I understand, the jeweler may privide a single princess, D, VS1, 0.7 ct, in a white gold setting for 5.5K. This is good price if the setting is worth about 2.5K (like a farely intricate hand made should). Otherwise, what is the offer for?

I would use diamonds of the same color... so either D or E princesses, I guess.

What is the common point about a princess and the Gabrielle?

RyanW

Rough_Rock
First things first... as far as I understand, the jeweler may privide a single princess, D, VS1, 0.7 ct, in a white gold setting for 5.5K. This is good price if the setting is worth about 2.5K (like a farely intricate hand made should). Otherwise, what is the offer for? I would use diamonds of the same color... so either D or E princesses, I guess.

Thank you for the reply! Let me clarify, the entire ring, 3 stones I had mentioned plus setting for the $5500. The center stone is D and the sides E-F, all princesses.

What is the common point about a princess and the Gabrielle?
I was just looking for an opinion between the princess cut and the gabrielle.

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
Hi and welcome...

If you are looking for something unique and different you might want to look at Lucere, Flanders, Queen of Hearts, and my all time favorite the Regent...all can be viewed at www.goodoldgold.com...

I am attaching a pic of mine...a .90 Regent in with sapphire sides...

Best of luck in your search

my ering finished9.jpg

RyanW

Rough_Rock
If you are looking for something unique and different you might want to look at Lucere, Flanders, Queen of Hearts, and my all time favorite the Regent...all can be viewed at www.goodoldgold.com...

I am attaching a pic of mine...a .90 Regent in with sapphire sides...

Best of luck in your search----------------[/quote]

Thank you Diane, actually I believe it was your post that brought me to their website as I did look at all those stones plus a few others. Definitely between Princess, Lucere and maybe Gabrielle. GORGEOUS ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results