shape
carat
color
clarity

Temporary Setting Needed For Proposal. Custom Needs 1 Month

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wistletown

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I''ve booked the trip to Europe for the proposal. I went to the jewelers today and it will take 1 month for them to get the setting done. I do not need to leave the stone with them, which has already been purchased. I need a temporary setting. I''m positive she is going to love the custom setting. It''s at a very good price as well. Now, the only problem is the trip is going to be in 2 weeks. I need a temporary, very inexpensive plain setting. Any recommendations?

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
whiteflash.com and jamesallen.com both have plain settings for under $300. (there are gold ones starting at only $180 on whiteflash!) or i bet you could get the place that''s making your custom setting to set it in a plain temporary setting.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Could you ask the jeweler for a simple temp setting? They might let you borrow one since you are buying the "final" setting from them...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most jewelers offer a basic four-prong tiffany style ring for about $200, perhaps the place where you bought your diamond from can put it in a setting like this. Don''t pay more than $300 for a setting she is going to upgrade later.

ILikeBond

Shiny_Rock
Good Old Gold told me they had a 14k white gold solitaire setting for $100 I could use as a temp setting when a similiar issue arose for me (I ultimately just decided to wait for the setting I wanted to be completed).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sure, should be less than $200 for a 14k tiffany setting. But I''m going to add one more thought. I would not put in an order for a custom setting yet since it won''t be ready for the proposal anyway. I''d really recommend letting her see and approve the design before letting them start. Custom rings cannot be returned, and we have seen on here before that surprise custom rings aren''t always a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results