shape
carat
color
clarity

Tell me about your germophobia - what will you do? What do you not care about?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''m honestly not a huge germophobe. First I''ll cover what I do do then what I don''t.

I do squat over toilets (horribly blunt I apologize but how does one gracefully say it?), simply because I think they''re gross.
I do wash my hands after the restroom and before meals
I do use a tissue to blow my nose lol
I do cover my mouth when sneezing/coughing and usually use a no water hand sanitizer when I''m done, so as not to share my germs with others.
I do flush with my foot

Meanwhile:
I don''t grab doors with a paper towel (seriously now)
I don''t use hand sanitizer every five seconds, or after every sneeze
I don''t carry any kind of sanitizer in my car
I don''t sift to the bottom to get a lid for my cup
I don''t throw away the first paper towel just because someone''s hand might have touched it
I don''t use the whipes at the grocery
I don''t worry about mud
I don''t worry about dirt
I don''t wear gloves while cleaning the barn
I don''t scrub my cutting board endlessly with soap
I don''t wipe off seats before sitting in them

I''m of a very firm belief that germophobia ends up making you more apt to getting said germs because you hide and hide and your body can''t build up an immunity to them.
Our ancestors didn''t have all this stuff against germs and they lived happy healthy lives. So will I lol

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 4:46:40 PM
Author: Gypsy
Nothing. I got a pretty high tolerance. Unless it''s human vomit. Animal vomit''s okay.

I''m the exact same. Human vomit is really the only thing that I couldn''t touch. Everything else is ok.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not too bad. Hotel bedspreads have ALWAYS freaked me out. I also ALWAYS use a table topper for T since I worked in a restaurant and know the nasty rags they use to clean things. I used to always use a cart/high chair cover but now I am not so anal about it. I use a sani wipe on her hands after I pick her up from child watch and use one if I use gym equipments/weights.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Nothing. I got a pretty high tolerance. Unless it''s human vomit. Animal vomit''s okay.
Yup. Baby vomit is okay too. Adult vomit.... ick.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:35:59 PM
Author: TravelingGal
What''s worse is that I was already driving and didn''t have a tissue onhand. Once I picked it up, I didn''t want to stick it anywhere else, nor did I want to drive with it on my finger. So I did the mad hand flappy finger flick out the window.
I could probably top this story, several times over if your talking about cat boggers. My hally has NEON green snot rockets that propell themselves multiple FEET in whatever direction she happens to be pointing (and if that''s right at you, that''s right SPLAT) at the time. And then Frodo likes to eat them. So you have to be QUICK and grab them (usually bare hands) before he does (cause that''s just nasty) or before they dry (if you can''t locate them) cause then they turn into something resembling rubber cement.

Yes, vigorous hand washing follows these episodes. Oh, and they happen daily. And people complain about hair balls. HAH! Hairballs are nothing compared to a cat sitting on your chest, purring while you stroke her... starting to sniffle, then hurtling a booger blob (some are partially crusty and dried, and then partially slimey and goopey) right at your eye.
9.gif

So yeah. T-gal. I would have just LMAO at you.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 2:37:36 PM
Author: geckodani

Yup. Baby vomit is okay too. Adult vomit.... ick.

Comes to a point where baby vomit is ick! Once they start eating real food it is the same as adult.
14.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Sharing drinks with anyone other then your SO. I HATE it. Oh my gosh it makes me crazy. I watch people share cigarettes too and it freaks me out. It''s like kissing everyone.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/7/2009 9:33:55 PM
Author: allycat0303
Sharing drinks with anyone other then your SO. I HATE it. Oh my gosh it makes me crazy. I watch people share cigarettes too and it freaks me out. It''s like kissing everyone.
come on, ally... I know you''re more a germophobe than that! All doctors are
9.gif
(Do you think I am MRSA colonized yet?
38.gif
)

I think public bathrooms are the worst for me. I avoid at all costs! And then when I must use, I don''t touch anything after I''ve washed my hands. Keep the paper towels to open the door.

This all results in such dry hands though, especially in the winter. I could not even count how many times I wash my hands everyday!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/6/2009 5:06:02 PM
Author: curlygirl
Well, I live in NYC and often take the subway. The thing that probably grosses me out the most is putting my hand on the bar to hold on and knowing a million people have touched it. And even worse is when I put my hand on it and IT''S WARM...from someone else''s hand.
14.gif
It completely creeps me out. I don''t touch anyone or anything after riding the subway until I fully wash my hands. I feel the same way on planes when I put my hands on the arm rests and airplane bathrooms are vile. Public bathrooms in general also make me sick and like fiery, I''ve been known to wait on line only to walk out in utter disgust! I also just came back from Las Vegas and realized that I was touching slot machines and chips that billions of others had touched. Again, gross. I won''t let my bare feet touch the floor in a hotel room. I won''t eat street food in NYC. I think as I get older, I find more things that disgust me!! I try not to be toooo anal around my children but we do a full hand washing when they get home from daycare (even the baby) and I''m never without hand sanitizer or sanitizing wipes in the stroller or diaper bag. No food gets touched without a good hand wiping at places like the playground, etc. I could go on and on!! I guess I''m a bit of germophobe!
3.gif
Curlygirl, you and I must be twins separated at birth because this is the thing that freaks me out THE MOST in the world. Seriously. I will walk FOR MILES before I will take public transportation.

Dog puke, even people puke, whatever. Food on the floor--30 second rule! Boogers, not happy about it but get a frickin'' kleenex and move on with your life.

Warm metal pole on public transportation that somone else just touched... god help me... I think I might faint from she sheer horror of it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results