shape
carat
color
clarity

tell me about Leon, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChattyCat

Rough_Rock
I see all sorts of references to him here. I''ve been to his site, and his pieces look lovely. He does seem to have quite the following. Is it really worth the wait (and I assume the $$$) just to have a ring set by Leon Mege? Please, excuse my ignorance.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on what you want, and your budget. He certainly does gorgeous work, but others do too. There are certainly others that do work as beautiful as his, so he''s not the end all be all. But for certain work, he is one of the best. But if you have a small budget, you could maximize that by going with someone else.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
he does amazing work so if you like something of his are willing to wait, which usually isn''t any longer than if you ordered any other designer setting and he''s in your budget than I think he''s worth it. I would love to own a ring made by him someday.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
He is the most well-known of PriceScope because he has excellent quality, creates ornate to simple pieces (antique-looking or contemporary) and does his work by working the metal by hand (mostly wire). He is a designer, so he is often a bit "artistic" in personality. I think that if you like his worth enough, you should have something made by him, but not pester him with details and constant calls.

As you see he is popular, and not just through PS, so he is busy and I fear that as well-meaning as many may be, and as many people have exact visions, sometimes a jewler who designs is the one best left with the creative details. That said, he has a certain look, including the claw prongs, which generally tend to look more finished and are found in more expensive pieces, like Harry Winston or Graff for example. Is he the only designer of good quality, I don''t think so, but he is very exacting about his work, and that is a testament to his popularity thus far. He is not cheap, but many think he is worth the cost. Most people who are exacting spend a lot of time on each piece, and that extra time = More money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results