shape
carat
color
clarity

tell me about Lazare Kaplan

slg47

Ideal_Rock
does anyone have information about Lazare Kaplan diamonds?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My impression, after reading PS for 6 years, is LK is another of those very well-cut but VERY overprice brand names, like Eightstar and Hearts on Fire.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We can credit LK for bringing the term, and category "Ideal Cut Diamond" back into the fore.
At a time before GIA cut grading, when slightly larger tables were thought of as the "best", LK brought back the smaller tables of the "Tolkowski" look

I know for sure they're still around- but I can't say I've seen them advertised much lately.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
V.S. the run of the mill store diamond, they are stunning. If you have not done any homework and would like a brand to sort out the details for you, you could do far worse.

If you put in the effort to research and find a great ideal cut H&A stone, you may wind up with a diamond just as beautiful with significant savings as you are not paying for the brand name.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I asked because I received one as a gift. It does not have a grading report though? It comes with an appraisal stating it to be 0.43 ct, E color, and SI2 clarity. I am not sure how accurate this is. I did look at it under my ASET and it looks great!

It has a laser inscribed number...is there a way to look up this number?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
one of the most beautiful diamond i had ever saw was a E SI2 1.02ct LK.. :love: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a really nice gift slg!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1313985628|2996287 said:
Sounds like a really nice gift slg!!

yes I was completely shocked...it is from my future in-laws. I will post pictures tomorrow!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats slg!
That's really a special stone you have there.
They're rare.
An E color with an LK make is something to behold.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are lovely, I think. Great gift!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade got one in a Van Craeynest ring (second-hand) and posted pics somewhere here. It was AGS0 and looked like it had very crisp, thick arrows.

ETA: As for the inscription, you could try to take it to a jeweler that has a 30x microscope and see if you can read it well enough to write it down.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have seen them and find them lovely. I thought it was a brand mostly seen at like Neimans or Saks? One has Rand and the other LK I thought?

Expensive but lovely!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have LK diamonds, small ones about 12 pointers each. They are lovely but expensive. I'd say they're ideal cut stones.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LKI has a rich history. Lazare Kaplan was Marcel Tolkowsky's cousin and LKI was actually the first large-scale operation to cut diamonds to Tolkowsky's "ideal" proportions as early as the 1920s.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results