shape
carat
color
clarity

Teen Mom 2

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone else think that the way Joe's parents try to manipulate Kailyn is sick? Like she isn't allowed to have her own life or her own feelings? It's disturbing to me.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1298297029|2856493 said:
Does anyone else think that the way Joe's parents try to manipulate Kailyn is sick? Like she isn't allowed to have her own life or her own feelings? It's disturbing to me.

I want to know more about her and her relationship with her mom to understand her other relationships. I do think it is odd, but it is more awkward to me that her mom is never willing/able to help her out. If Kailyn cannot be trusted, I get where they are coming from, kinda. I do think she makes extremely poor decisions (like enrolling in college without proper financial aid in place when she clearly cannot afford it, keeping a separate relationship a 'secret' but then posting it on fb, trying to get her own place when she cannot currently afford rent/childcare/tuition) and seems the least mature (even more so than Janelle, who is, to me, more selfish than immature). I do very much agree that Joe's parents need to set rules and then stick to them, though, because the current situation is crazy for both the kids.

Chelsea's dad also needs to stick to his rules. (And, re Chelsea: Adam is not "family," he is just some dude you had sex with :angryfire: ).

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Well, she's a minor, living rent free in their home. It's not like she is renting a room from them. Since she has no other place to live it would seem she needs to respect the wishes of the kind people who are giving her free room and board and babysitting. I can see them wanting her to take her parenting responsibilities seriously. She doesn't need to date and she doesn't need a new bf. She can pursue her own life when she is an independent adult. This girl needs some parenting and Joe's parents are willing to do that job to protect their grandchild. Who knows, she may end up with Joe in the future when they both mature.

Her mother seems to have some mental health issues and has told Kailyn she can't live with her.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins, I think they are trying to keep the drama to a minimum. I would imagine that my parents would have the exact same rules. That is just like 2 exes living together, and bringing their new people around. I would never allow that to happen in my own home... not to mention they are teenagers! Hormones are going crazy.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1298317980|2856713 said:
Well, she's a minor, living rent free in their home. It's not like she is renting a room from them. Since she has no other place to live it would seem she needs to respect the wishes of the kind people who are giving her free room and board and babysitting. I can see them wanting her to take her parenting responsibilities seriously. She doesn't need to date and she doesn't need a new bf. She can pursue her own life when she is an independent adult. This girl needs some parenting and Joe's parents are willing to do that job to protect their grandchild. Who knows, she may end up with Joe in the future when they both mature.

Her mother seems to have some mental health issues and has told Kailyn she can't live with her.

Oh, I was wondering what the issue with Kaitlyn's mom was. Ditto the last two posts on Joe's parents. It's not the most comfy situation for for everyone involved, but I think it was the right decision to let her stay, since she has so little family support. I think Joe's parents are being pretty mature and even-handed about the whole thing. Joe still seems pretty immature - so is K. I don't see them being together anytime in the future.

Chelsea - I feel for her being stuck between her father, her boyfriend and Adam. Adam very much seems like the self-centered, playboy type who probably will end up breaking her heart.

Jenelle - her mom is something else! The kind of things she says to J are just horrid. No wonder Jenelle acts the way she does. IT's probably a reaction to her mom's controlling behaviour.

TWin's parents - I so hope that Allie's problem is fixable. I can't imagine how concerned and anxious they must be. I think they're the most mature parents on the show and I hope they stick together. I think they can make it work.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1298320426|2856749 said:
Tuckins, I think they are trying to keep the drama to a minimum. I would imagine that my parents would have the exact same rules. That is just like 2 exes living together, and bringing their new people around. I would never allow that to happen in my own home... not to mention they are teenagers! Hormones are going crazy.

I am not referring to her dating someone else while living there... That seemed really weird to me too. I just mean that they keep pushing her to stay with Joe, or make her feel bad about not wanting to be with him. She doesn't have to be with him. She does need to find her own place to live and get out of their house, but it's weird to me that way they make everything about HER and don't lecture Joe on not having his own life or his own interests....

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Tuckins1|1298329383|2856836 said:

I am not referring to her dating someone else while living there... That seemed really weird to me too. I just mean that they keep pushing her to stay with Joe, or make her feel bad about not wanting to be with him. She doesn't have to be with him. She does need to find her own place to live and get out of their house, but it's weird to me that way they make everything about HER and don't lecture Joe on not having his own life or his own interests....
I wonder if Joe gets an earful but only off camera since he isn't the "star" of the show. The cameras follow around the teen moms but not usually the other players.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1298329687|2856841 said:
Tuckins1|1298329383|2856836 said:

I wonder if Joe gets an earful but only off camera since he isn't the "star" of the show. The cameras follow around the teen moms but not usually the other players.

I assume yes... I also think that perhaps MTV asks them to act in certain ways to "play it up" for the camera... Some stuff seems kind of scripted. :roll:

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I have to say, that I am all for MTV showing it "how it really is", but my god... these past few weeks have been the most depressing the shows history.

I don't know if I can even watch anymore. It is actually upsetting me. Not only the issues with Cory and Leah's baby (which is so sad), but I just hate how these girl's are allowing the men in their life to treat them. Not to mention, Chelsea is just making me down right mad.

Maybe it's just me, but this season doesn't really seem to be centered around the kids anymore... does anyone else see a difference, or is it just me?

Disclaimer: This could all be bc I have a kid now, and see everything completely differently. Also, I find myself more upset with the show when they end with Leah and Ali. I don't like when shows end on a sad note.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1298435037|2857719 said:
I have to say, that I am all for MTV showing it "how it really is", but my god... these past few weeks have been the most depressing the shows history.

I don't know if I can even watch anymore. It is actually upsetting me. Not only the issues with Cory and Leah's baby (which is so sad), but I just hate how these girl's are allowing the men in their life to treat them. Not to mention, Chelsea is just making me down right mad.

Maybe it's just me, but this season doesn't really seem to be centered around the kids anymore... does anyone else see a difference, or is it just me?

Disclaimer: This could all be bc I have a kid now, and see everything completely differently. Also, I find myself more upset with the show when they end with Leah and Ali. I don't like when shows end on a sad note.

It does seem to be centered more on the teen drama crap instead of the kids, except with Cory and Leah. They really do have grown up problems and seem to be trying to face their problems like adults. I hope they make it. As a special ed teacher with a background in cognitive impairment and severe multiple disabilities, I really hope that Ali just has some nerve issues that can be resolved with therapy and maybe surgery, and it's nothing cognitive. I have seen how hard that can be on a family and on the child, and I really hope they don't have to go through all of that.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I am starting to get annoyed over the staged scenes. The ones where the staff obviously is telling them what to do and standing over them with the camera so MTV can recreate the drama. I also don't understand why it is taking the doctors so long to diagnose Leah's baby. It seems like she has to tell the doctors there is something wrong instead of them recongnizing all the issues during check-ups. The signs seem obvious to the TV viewer, they must be even more obvious to the people who see the babies in person.

PetitiePoire

Shiny_Rock
swingirl- I thought about this too. In the episode where she goes to the take baby to the doctor it was like the first time. Wouldn't the doctor have noticed this way earlier on during check-ups?

It was mentioned way earlier about them possibly preferring one baby over another (to be held). It seems like the other baby does not like her legs to be moved much, or else she cries. I don't think it is out of preference at all.

I really feel for Janelle. Her mother may be having a tough time raising this baby (& Janelle), but she treats Janelle AWFUL. Janelle can never do anything right, even when she tries (albeit it doesn't look *that* often). I feel like she is really manipulated and trapped. She said either on the show or on an after show that her mother was never affectionate towards her. I think a lot of it stems from that. Instead of trying to get her help (learning to control her temper, parenting classes?, anything?) she just made it "easy" on Janelle and took the baby. I feel like she had no other choice, because it was always thrown in her face how she could never handle Jace on her own, etc. The temporary custody isn't even that temporary. She has to go back to court to get custody of her son when she wants to. If that time ever comes I don't think her mom will make it any easier, plus the money.

Do these girls not have ANY other family/friends that can help them? It's so sad.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
swingirl|1298629860|2859113 said:
I am starting to get annoyed over the staged scenes. The ones where the staff obviously is telling them what to do and standing over them with the camera so MTV can recreate the drama. I also don't understand why it is taking the doctors so long to diagnose Leah's baby. It seems like she has to tell the doctors there is something wrong instead of them recongnizing all the issues during check-ups. The signs seem obvious to the TV viewer, they must be even more obvious to the people who see the babies in person.

I know! Every episode Leah talks about how she can't wait until she can find out what is wrong. EVERY EPISODE! I don't want to hear anything else about Leah's baby until she knows what is wrong. I am tired of hearing the same generic "there is something wrong" speech every episode from Leah, Cory, doctors, or whoever.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes, what the heck is going on with Janelle?!? I feel so sad for her son, he's so darn cute and he has a whacko for a momma and a gramma!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1301415242|2882657 said:
Not sure if someone already mentioned this but Janelle got arrested for assault.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1370753/Jenelle-Evans-Teen-Mom-2-arrested-assault-catfight-video.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

I think her mom cannot handle her and is frustrated. Often that comes out in rage. Janelle is not fit to take care of her child and I am glad her mom is stepping up.

I do see mom's frustration and can understand. I think Janelle really needs a swift kick in the pants to get herself straightened out. It seemed like she was going to get it together for a second, but then it just fell apart, like usual.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I haven't chimed in on this thread, but have been watching TM2 evey week. I have to admit that I'm finding the men more entertaining this season than any previous season. Seriously, Kiefer and Adam are probably the biggest male losers this show has seen (obviously Corey is the exception here)...they don't work, they're moochers and are terrible male role models. I get that Jace is not Kiefer's son, but Adam's disinterest in his own child is completely mind-boggling.

Obviously Janelle is a hot mess. All season I've flipped flopped between who is crazier: Janelle or her mom. Ultimately, they're both insane, but at least Janelle's mom is able to care for her grandson. Janelle treats Jace worse than most people treat a pet. She sees him, sort of gives him a pat on the head, says "good boy" and that's it. It's really sad to see Jace interact with her because he doesn't reach for her at all the way most kids reach for their mommas.

I'm a bit bored out of my mind with the blonde girl and her boyfriend (and his parents). I was glad when she moved in with her mom--I thought her boyfriend and his parents were odd. I get that she probably shouldn't really be dating, but the whole "you can't live here unless you date our son" nonsense was manipulative. Now that whole plotline has fizzled.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
NewEnglandLady|1301419649|2882717 said:
I'm a bit bored out of my mind with the blonde girl and her boyfriend (and his parents). I was glad when she moved in with her mom--I thought her boyfriend and his parents were odd. I get that she probably shouldn't really be dating, but the whole "you can't live here unless you date our son" nonsense was manipulative. Now that whole plotline has fizzled.

Well, to be fair his parents weren't forcing her to date Jo. They said that she could 1. Date Jo or 2. Not date anyone.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1301425888|2882794 said:
NewEnglandLady|1301419649|2882717 said:

Well, to be fair his parents weren't forcing her to date Jo. They said that she could 1. Date Jo or 2. Not date anyone.

You're right, I didn't word that correctly. She could date their son or nobody at all.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've only seen the show a few times, and I get sad every time I watch it. I'm wondering whether the girls and their families are offered counseling services through the show. It's one dysfunctional family after another...

Jenelle and her mom drive me crazy. All they do is yell at each other, and that's horrible to do anyway, but especially in front of Jace. They seem to have major anger management issues. Counseling would be a great idea for them.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor little Jace! :blackeye: As least he has his grandma who is willing to take care of him. True, the yelling is not ideal, but Janelle gives her mother SO MUCH to yell about. Her mom seems epicly frustrated by her daughter's inability to function in any way at all to the benefit of her son. I feel so bad for her mom too, that she has to take care of this little boy. None of this was her doing, but she has taken on the burden of raising him.

I don't even know how to process the choices that Janelle makes. I could never imagine being so irresponsible and so near-delusional when it comes to planning for the future. She always says -- I'm going to get a job, I'm going to get Jace back once I get a job and an apt, blah, blah, blah. JUST GET A JOB AND GO TO WORK ALREADY. It also makes me insane the way she runs out of that house every episode and doesn't even say good-bye to her little boy, who is just so precious and innocent and just wants his mom who he doesn't even know (or that's how it appears.)

I thought Janelle's mom's bf's advice was so perfect -- Just be with your son; he is such a good boy. How much more simple could life be than that?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results