carat
color
clarity

Teen Mom 2

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Tuckins1|1295440665|2826534 said:
Sparkly Blonde|1295406413|2826347 said:
I am too! I thought Amber was bad but this gal is worse!

Worse than Amber?!? That girl was just horrid! :errrr:

I know. At least Amber loves Leah and made some kind of effort for her. This gal thinks that as soon as her baby goes to bed she can leave to party and waked out on her mom and her baby for a couple days.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sparkly Blonde|1295620835|2828644 said:
Tuckins1|1295440665|2826534 said:
Sparkly Blonde|1295406413|2826347 said:
I am too! I thought Amber was bad but this gal is worse!

Worse than Amber?!? That girl was just horrid! :errrr:

I know. At least Amber loves Leah and made some kind of effort for her. This gal thinks that as soon as her baby goes to bed she can leave to party and waked out on her mom and her baby for a couple days.

Yeah, why didn't she take the baby with her when she left? Or when she came back? I would never leave my son... (he's still in utero, but still)

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
Teen Mom 2 Time!! Who else is watching?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
DH and I are watching it on DVR once Tosh.0 is over!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here is my take...

Kailyn, I think it was good that she called it quits with the other guy. With that said, I don't think it would be appropriate for Joe to date anyone either.
I am very irritated that no one offered to watch the baby when she went to her college orientation. That is just absurd. She has a job, why doesn't she get a babysitter?
Also, her mom has had an EXTRA car this entire time???? Seriously???? I feel sorry for anyone that is in a situation like that.

Leah and Corey, I hope they work out. They seem better, but hearing that he was just with someone else only two weeks ago, is kinda strange. I understand that people do things when they are hurt, but I don't like that he did it just to make her feel bad.

Chelsea, ohh girl... You have no idea what is coming when your dad finds out you are back with too-cool-for-my-tshirt-Adam.

Jenelle, wow this episode really wanted us to feel bad for he..., but I have a feeling that the "You can't take the baby by yourself rule" is because of the company she keeps and the decisions she has made. In all honesty, if she is still smoking weed, then her mom is doing her a favor by not letting her take Jace from the house. If she was cought with drugs WHILE watching Jace, she would never have a chance at getting him back.

I think that is it for now. Thoughts from anyone else?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Since these girls are getting paid by MTV why do they play the hard-luck-got-no-money game? Can they not afford to rent their own apartments with their "earnings"? Wouldn't they get government aid anyway? Especially the one who was kicked out of her parent's home?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
How much MTV compensate these girls? I'm guessing its not very much; does anyone have a ballpark?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
IndyLady|1296026243|2833328 said:
How much MTV compensate these girls? I'm guessing its not very much; does anyone have a ballpark?

You can look up the salary, I believe it was somewhere around $50,000-$60,000 per season.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
You have to remember, these are teen mothers who already are acting irresponsibly. Do you really think they're going to be responsible with money too?

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Did anyone watch last night's episode?

I'm happy Leah and Corey are taking another shot at it.... I think they're the most mature of all the parents on the show. I think Corey always loved Leah but was hurt when she cheated on him - and Leah was clearly trying to hold on to her old life by getting back with Robby.. that was a mistake. I hope they can make it work. Their twins are lovely. I'm so sorry that Allie may have a medical issue, though! So sad.... :(( Hopefully things are not as bad they appear to be right now.

Seems like Jenelle has matured a bit since handing over custody to her mom. I think it's the best decision, until she can take care of herself.

What did you guys think of Kaitlyn and going out with Jordan? I can see why Joe and the parents wouldn't approve, but at the same time, it kind of seems like they're holding her lovelife ransom because she lives there. I don't know....perhaps she needs to get her own life together before she thinks of getting romantically involved. IT's a weird situation.

I'm not sure what I think about Amber and getting back with her guy. Hopefully he can be the mature guy she wants him to be.

Those are just my initial thoughts while on lunch...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Sha- my thoughts from last night's episode is up a few posts...

Sha

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1296066690|2833715 said:
Sha- my thoughts from last night's episode is up a few posts...[/quot
]
Yeah, I just noticed when I checked back here a few minutes ago - thanks!

ETA - Meant to say 'Chelsea' and not 'Amber' in the last few lines of my post....

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I was surprised to see Jenelle's mother put the baby to sleep with a bottle! I thought everyone knew it's horrible for a baby's teeth and you are never supposed to do that. She's younger than I am and I remember that being "the rule" years before I had my kids. She shouldn't be such a loud-mouthed know-it-all because she obviously doesn't know it all.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
swingirl|1296113775|2834432 said:
I was surprised to see Jenelle's mother put the baby to sleep with a bottle! I thought everyone knew it's horrible for a baby's teeth and you are never supposed to do that. She's younger than I am and I remember that being "the rule" years before I had my kids. She shouldn't be such a loud-mouthed know-it-all because she obviously doesn't know it all.

I have never heard this. We don't put a bottle in the crib with my son, but we do feed him a botlle right before bedtime and his nap. Not sure what the difference would be?

I don't like the way she talks to Jenelle either. She is very condescending.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
I still think the relationship between Janelle and her mother is completely messed up. Her mother has some major control issues and is very mean to Janelle, and of course, Janelle has NO respect for her mother what so ever. The only reason Janelle is being nice now is because she needs a home to live in and doesn't want to loose Jace completely. I really hope they work on their relationship - it's very unhealthy and a terrible environment for a baby to grow up in.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1296136020|2834500 said:
swingirl|1296113775|2834432 said:

I have never heard this. We don't put a bottle in the crib with my son, but we do feed him a botlle right before bedtime and his nap. Not sure what the difference would be?

I don't like the way she talks to Jenelle either. She is very condescending.
What nourishes your baby also nourishes the normal bacteria that live in your baby's mouth. These bacteria turn the sugars found in formulas, milks, and juices into acids strong enough to etch the enamel of the teeth if there is prolonged contact. The result can be the dramatically severe rotten teeth known as baby bottle tooth decay (BBTD). When the baby is sleeping the natural production of saliva slows down and it's the saliva that cleans the teeth.

So the whole idea of walking around all day sucking on a bottle or going to sleep with a bottle spells tooth decay. They say you should keep your baby awake for about 15 minutes after his last bottle so his saliva can do the cleaning.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Why is Chelsea and her roommate so orange? Her, Amber, and Snooki should open up a spray tan franchise and turn young women everywhere that darn-awful color.

I was also really interested in how they were paid when TM1 was out because I one of them, maybe Farrah, wasn't eligible for housing assistance. I remember finding a story with the terms of their contact. I believe it was on Slate (maybe Salon, but I think Slate). Anyways, they get "paid" quite a bit, but the majority of it goes into trusts for the infants. Very little goes to the mom. There was even something about how they couldn't change their living conditions. I understand why MTV wants this--a lot of drama comes from struggling. However, their children would most benefit from that money now. Endless research shows that early childcare and resources are incredibly more important than resources later in life. I mean, if they really did make $50K per year, would Kalynn really still be living in Joe's parent's basement?

I feel the most for Kalynn. She is really in a messed up situation. I need to rewatch her 16&preg episode to remember what the heck is going on with her mom and why she doesn't help at all--like even with babysitting.

And, will Corey ever not have a dip in. That is so freaking gross!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Ya know, even with all of Janelle's craziness... I still feel that Amber is the worst mom i've seen on that show. She was mean to her daughter, slamming her door and ignoring her when she was crying, not watching her at all when they are out in public... At times it seemed like she resented Leah and took it out on her. In my opinion, Amber is serious trash, and no amount of money is ever going to change that. Hopefully she will grow up. I do think Janelle is not responsible enough to be a parent yet, but at least she isn't outwardly mean and resentful toward her son!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
katamari|1296191793|2835438 said:
Why is Chelsea and her roommate so orange? Her, Amber, and Snooki should open up a spray tan franchise and turn young women everywhere that darn-awful color.

I was also really interested in how they were paid when TM1 was out because I one of them, maybe Farrah, wasn't eligible for housing assistance. I remember finding a story with the terms of their contact. I believe it was on Slate (maybe Salon, but I think Slate). Anyways, they get "paid" quite a bit, but the majority of it goes into trusts for the infants. Very little goes to the mom. There was even something about how they couldn't change their living conditions. I understand why MTV wants this--a lot of drama comes from struggling. However, their children would most benefit from that money now. Endless research shows that early childcare and resources are incredibly more important than resources later in life. I mean, if they really did make $50K per year, would Kalynn really still be living in Joe's parent's basement?

I feel the most for Kalynn. She is really in a messed up situation. I need to rewatch her 16&preg episode to remember what the heck is going on with her mom and why she doesn't help at all--like even with babysitting.

And, will Corey ever not have a dip in. That is so freaking gross!

Katamri, MTV can't force the girls to spend the money on thier child. So, they are doing the next best thing. I think it is a wonderful thing that most of the money is put into a trust or college fund for the kids.
AS far as Kailyn's situation being improved, she has moved into her own apartment and is dating Jordan again. I would imagine, and this is just my opinion based on the fact that I have never been paid upfront before doing work, that these girls didn't get their portion of the salary until they finished taping the episodes.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I am torn about which mom is worse, Amber or Jenelle. Would you rather have a mom that is there for you, but is grumpy and yells and fights with your father? Would you rather have a mom that is very rarely there for you, and dumps you off with your grandma who she fights with all of the time? Hmm tough.

I hate when people say that Jenelle is the way she is because of her mother. Look around at the murderers, rapists, regular "mean" people, do you really think that it is their parents fault? Sure it could be learned behavior from her mother, but it might not either. Her mother has a lot on her plate. She has to work a full-time job, has an angry, violent, bratty, potsmoking, child and has to raise her grandbaby! :angryfire: :angryfire: Jenelle leaves to "party" several times a week. Her mother has mentioned it on the show, Jenelle has not denied it. She just argues that it is ok, because she is still a "teenager." How would you like to pay for diapers, formula, wipes -everything baby related, and then pay for food and clothing for Jenelle too! Jenelle does not ask if her mom would please watch Jace for the night, she just announces she is leaving and if her mother says no, she just leaves anyway. I am glad her mom stood up to her, kicked her out, and is getting custody. Her mother has to be extremely stressed, she is under so much pressure. I am not surprised that anyone in her position loses their temper and fights back to Jenelle.

Is there anyone here who honestly thinks they could be cool, calm, and polite to Jenelle when she goes on a screaming rampage? Forces (by simply abandoning her child) you babysit every evening and night. Not me. I am not that patient :devil:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
iugurl|1296432773|2837738 said:
I am torn about which mom is worse, Amber or Jenelle. Would you rather have a mom that is there for you, but is grumpy and yells and fights with your father? Would you rather have a mom that is very rarely there for you, and dumps you off with your grandma who she fights with all of the time? Hmm tough.

I hate when people say that Jenelle is the way she is because of her mother. Look around at the murderers, rapists, regular "mean" people, do you really think that it is their parents fault? Sure it could be learned behavior from her mother, but it might not either. Her mother has a lot on her plate. She has to work a full-time job, has an angry, violent, bratty, potsmoking, child and has to raise her grandbaby! :angryfire: :angryfire: Jenelle leaves to "party" several times a week. Her mother has mentioned it on the show, Jenelle has not denied it. She just argues that it is ok, because she is still a "teenager." How would you like to pay for diapers, formula, wipes -everything baby related, and then pay for food and clothing for Jenelle too! Jenelle does not ask if her mom would please watch Jace for the night, she just announces she is leaving and if her mother says no, she just leaves anyway. I am glad her mom stood up to her, kicked her out, and is getting custody. Her mother has to be extremely stressed, she is under so much pressure. I am not surprised that anyone in her position loses their temper and fights back to Jenelle.

Is there anyone here who honestly thinks they could be cool, calm, and polite to Jenelle when she goes on a screaming rampage? Forces (by simply abandoning her child) you babysit every evening and night. Not me. I am not that patient :devil:

Nope, I definitely couldn't be that patient either. I'm glad that Janelle's mom fought for custody, even if it is temporary. Hopefully it will force Janelle to get her act together so that she can learn how to be a good mom to her son.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sad. Sad. Sad. I am having trouble liking any of the girls this season. Leah is the only one that seems like she is taking motherhood seriously. I hope her baby is ok. The other ones seem to have priorities of, well, teenagers. :roll: Age appropriate, *but*, you gotta grow up when you decide to raise your child.

ilovethiswebsite

Brilliant_Rock
iugurl|1296432773|2837738 said:

My argument was never that Janelle is the way she is because of her mother, but that early parenting really shapes the way a child develops skills to cope with emotions. Even though parents can never be held "responsible" for creating murderers and psychopaths, research does in fact show that murderers and psychopaths do tend to come from extremely dysfunctional family backgrounds (e.g. maternal deprivation). In any case, Janelle does not strike me as a sociopath... She strikes me as an angry teenager who really can't communicate effectively with her mother. In the last episode, she mentioned something about her dad leaving her when she was younger. I am not sure if she lived with her biological father in early life, then went to live with her mother, but this loss may have also contributed to her anger issues we see today. I am really shocked to hear people actually defend her mother's behavior and think it's OK. Although her mother seems like a good person, and seems like she cares about Janelle and her grandson, her approach is really disturbing to me. I find her extremely intrusive, controlling, and condescending.

iugurl

Shiny_Rock
I am not saying that you implied/said that it is Jenelle's moms fault. I also post on the MTV Teen Mom forum as well as others, so I am simply referring to the masses that have said it must be the mothers fault.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1296438080|2837817 said:
Sad. Sad. Sad. I am having trouble liking any of the girls this season. Leah is the only one that seems like she is taking motherhood seriously. I hope her baby is ok. The other ones seem to have priorities of, well, teenagers. :roll: Age appropriate, *but*, you gotta grow up when you decide to raise your child.

I just love Leah and watching her story. Both those parents love their children so much and it's heartbreaking for her to loose out on her teenage years and have to worry about one of her babies.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
My goodness, I am heartbroken watching the whole situation with Janelle and her mom play out. I feel for her because her mom really doesn't seem very loving or helpful, and she herself is proving her mother right by behaving in an immature and irresponsible manner. Sad.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Sizzle- IMO, the last few episodes have proven that she doesn't favor one of the the girls over the other.

Re: her changed situation, I think she made a very poor decision moving so far away from her parents. I know she doesn't want to hear what her parents have to say, but they are completely right. She is in the middle of nowhere. Is they are going to stay there, then she needs to get out and meet new people, like an adult would. Not just get mad at Cory for "working" all the time.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
meresal|1297777449|2852238 said:
Sizzle- IMO, the last few episodes have proven that she doesn't favor one of the the girls over the other.

Re: her changed situation, I think she made a very poor decision moving so far away from her parents. I know she doesn't want to hear what her parents have to say, but they are completely right. She is in the middle of nowhere. Is they are going to stay there, then she needs to get out and meet new people, like an adult would. Not just get mad at Cory for "working" all the time.

Agreed. However, Cory does need to spend more time taking care of the girls himself so that he can feel confident with them. That episode was pathetic... He couldn't change a diaper or make a bottle. It shows he's not yet comfortable enough with them, and he needs more practice. Bless his heart, he's trying!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Tukins, I was surprised by the same thing, considering he used to keep the girls for whole weekends.

We are TIVO'ing right now, watching Tosh.0 first :wacko:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results