shape
carat
color
clarity

technical difficulty?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so i was really excited to receive this e-mail from richard wise:

' Dear Friends,
Just a note to tell you that we have added an exciting new dimension to our website: I have designed a gem grading system based upon the principles set forth in my book; Secrets Of The Gem Trade, The Connoisseurs Guide To Precious Gemstones. Since the book's publication, several people have asked me if it would be possible to cut to the chase and distill a simple, easy to master grading report. Well, here it is, see the sample grading page below. At this time, It is only applicable to faceted gemstones. Each category is a live link to an page which explains the exact meaning of the category. To view the grading report live: www.rwwise.com, click on "Gallery", "Gems & Pearls", then on the thumbnail which will lead you to a detail screen with a "Gem Grade" button. then use your mouse to access the "Grading Explained screen." As always I welcome your feedback:

so, i click on the thumbnail of the gem i'm lusting after, i get the detailed screen re that particular gem, and i click on the 'Gem Grade' button......but i don't get the 'Grading Explained Screen'. has anyone else tried this yet? i'd be interested i knowing if it worked for you.....i've got an e-mail into richard also.

movie zombie

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you may have pop up blockers on somewhere.
what gem are you looking at mz?
3.gif

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

New colored gem grading system????!!! You got my attention....

3.gif

Looking at it now - there is that "crystal" term he has mentioned here before and some other grading that looks familiar from others.....

Ya - I know here we go again - awaiting the comments about color grading systems and why they will never work!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, it might be the pop ups....i thought they were on though....but will check it out.

i tried it with several of the stones.....will report back once i''ve worked out the pop up situation.

movie zombie

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/14/2006 6:17:10 PM
Author: Bertrand

Ya - I know here we go again - awaiting the comments about color grading systems and why they will never work!
I''d bet they can work, if there was interest to set some measurement standard up. IMO, that is the questionable part.

MZ, the windows work for me all the way.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i got it to work! i got it to work! i am techie challenged and had to wait for hubby to assist when he got home. but i know how to do it for individual sites now!

and i gotta say i love this new feature! i''d love to see something like this for all color stones. even if each vendor disagrees as to what the ''ideal'' is, such a tool would be helpful in understanding their terminiology as to what they are describing, at least for the stones they are selling. i don''t have much faith that all would agree to one color system.

movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results