shape
carat
color
clarity

Teaser Pics of My Sapphire E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone - I''ve been away on vacation for the last week and haven''t (gasp!) been able to log into Pricescope because I was busy chasing my 4 year nephew around EVERYWHERE. I swear the kid never stops! Anyway, here are two (not great) photos of my sapphire e-ring which I received from Pearlman''s on 11/24 (one day earlier than estimated!). They were taken with my cell phone, so the quality is not awesome by any means. I have a bunch more pictures that I took that I need to sort through and resize and I''ll post those when I get a chance.

On to the pertinent stuff -

Sapphire info from appraisal -
Origin - Ceylon, moderately heat treated
Size/Weight - 5.8 x 5.8 x 3.5 mm 0.96 ct
Color - slightly violetish blue, tone 6, saturation 5
Clarity - Type II VS
Cut - Concave Brilliant from Richard Homer
Other info - graded as transparent, and received an excellent rating on proportions, finish, and brilliancy

Setting - Ritani Classic Royal Crown solitaire (1RZ1232CCRP)

LaurelSapphRing1.JPG

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Handshot - it's not great, but is the best I could get with my camera on my phone.

>

LaurelSapphRing2.JPG

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Can''t wait to see more pics!

Inanna

Brilliant_Rock
The concave cut is absolutely mesmerizing... and that blue! YUMMO!!! I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: I think the pics are great! Your phone takes better pics than my "real" camera.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:51:11 PM
Author: misspinky
Thanks! I''m so addicted to the concave cuts, I can''t even imagine having anything else for my e-ring now! Everyone who sees it is just blown away by how sparly it is - I imagine it''s the same way with your ring too! By the way - it was reading your posts originally about getting your stone from Richard which led me to start looking at his site and finding my perfect stone, so thanks even more!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous. Love the blue!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:52:48 PM
Author: Inanna
The concave cut is absolutely mesmerizing... and that blue! YUMMO!!! I LOVE IT
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you! I love it so much and mesmerizing is the perfect word - while on vacation my sister kept yelling at me to stop staring at my ring!!! Heehee! She''s not a jewelry freak, so she just doesn''t understand...
3.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:54:08 PM
Author: laurel25
Date: 12/1/2008 12:51:11 PM

Author: misspinky

Thanks! I''m so addicted to the concave cuts, I can''t even imagine having anything else for my e-ring now! Everyone who sees it is just blown away by how sparly it is - I imagine it''s the same way with your ring too! By the way - it was reading your posts originally about getting your stone from Richard which led me to start looking at his site and finding my perfect stone, so thanks even more!

Well I''m glad that I could help even the tiniest bit! I''m right there with you--addicted to the complexity of the concave cuts. I can''t imagine having anything else either and everyone that sees it comments on how pretty and unique (and sparkly) it is.

Congrats again!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
CdnBlingGal, stepcutnut, & coatimundi - Thank you so much! I love it and am so happy with it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh OH! Yay yay yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Can''t wait to see more!!!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:19:09 PM
Author: geckodani
Oh OH! Yay yay yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love the palladium by the way - it is so light and shiny and smooth feeling. I know the smooth thing sounds weird, but it just seems to have a smoother, silkier feeling to the metal than any of my gold or platinum rings do. So far, I''m totally glad I went the palladium route. I like the lightness of it a lot more than the heft of platinum too. My old e-ring was really, really heavy and I didn''t like that I could always feel it there.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing! The color is so crisp
36.gif

more pictures please
3.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! That is stunning!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
That color is simply mesmerizing! I''m glad your happy with it!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:34:10 PM
Author: laurel25

Date: 12/1/2008 1:19:09 PM
Author: geckodani
Oh OH! Yay yay yay!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love the palladium by the way - it is so light and shiny and smooth feeling. I know the smooth thing sounds weird, but it just seems to have a smoother, silkier feeling to the metal than any of my gold or platinum rings do. So far, I''m totally glad I went the palladium route. I like the lightness of it a lot more than the heft of platinum too. My old e-ring was really, really heavy and I didn''t like that I could always feel it there.
Good! I''m loving mine too!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
joflier, glitterata, akmiss - Thank you! I love the blue color and I love how the color changes depending on the light. Indoors under incandescent light it''s like Crayola blue, under flourescent light it''s a like a dark periwinkle/blue color, and in bright sunlight it''s the brightest violet blue! I just love it!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
WOW, it''s absolutely stunning! It really shines!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Breathtaking!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning ring!!! Gorgeous stone, lovely setting. Congratulations!!
36.gif

More pictures would be lovely!
35.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Generally speaking I can "take or leave" a sapphire, much less a round one. But this one really glows. Very, very pretty indeed!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 9:51:02 PM
Author: Gailey
Generally speaking I can ''take or leave'' a sapphire, much less a round one. But this one really glows. Very, very pretty indeed!
You know, until I saw this sapphire, I absolutely could not stand round colored stones, but this one just spoke to me and now I''m *in love* with it!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 9:49:00 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Stunning ring!!! Gorgeous stone, lovely setting. Congratulations!!
36.gif

More pictures would be lovely!
35.gif
Thanks! The new pictures are all up!

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
mochi & tourmaline_lover - Thanks so much! I love it so much and can''t stop staring at my hand!

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
oh my gosh, i''ve been waiting for your photos and i completely missed this link! aaah!

your ring is so gorgeous. the sapphire matches perfectly with the setting you chose. so classic and yet so wow!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s soooooo beautiful Love the cut, the color is outstanding. It''s a wow of a stone. Congrats and enjoy!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love it! I can''t wait to see more pictures!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s lovely, Laurel!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
laurel --

i absolutely ADORE your e-ring!! the cut and the color of you sapphire are just breath-taking! congratulations, wear it in good health!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results