shape
carat
color
clarity

Teaser pic of my stacking ring and wedding band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Single Stone sent me a pic of my wedding band and stacking ring that they just finished making. They are shipping them out to me this week!

The stacking band is pink sapphires with RB diamonds in Platinum. The diamonds were in my mom's engagement ring (she passed away when I was 9). I've been trying to find a way to do something with the ring or stones for a long time. Her fingers were about half the size of mine and the original ring was palladium. The jeweler I gave it to years ago butchered the band and said it couldn't be resized because of the metal. I told Ari about it and he came up with this for it. I think it looks much better now!

The original ring had six diamonds in it. I have size 7 fingers so Ari said he might need to add another diamond. I forgot... I'll have to ask again, doh!

The bottom band is my wedding band. It's about 1.7 carats of OEC stones in Platinum to go with my 1.7 carat platinum OEC engagement (.85 in OEC stones on the band) ring also by Single Stone. <3 Ari and Single stone! I'll post real in person photos when the bands show up later this week! The rings won't be flush fit but I think they will hopefully go well together.
1.gif

For now, the teaser!

ETA: The stacking band is a wedding present from my FI.

newrings.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wooooooooo preeeeedyyy!!!
30.gif
30.gif
And I love that you''ve used your mum''s diamonds, what a wonderful way to keep her close to you and remember her! And check out that incredible shade of PINK!!

Congratulations on such a beautiful set, I''ve always admired your Ering! Now I have more of your collection to envy! Goodie!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
You have wonderful taste.

MMMD

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful rings. Thanks for the teaser, can''t wait for hand pics.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! I can''t wait to see hand pics. What a special ring and how wonderful you could use your mom''s diamonds!!!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful way to use your mother`s stones. It`s absolutely lovely.

And a wedding band of OEC`s! Nothing short of stunning!!!
30.gif

Looking forward to the hand pictures!!

Cachette
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
OMG, Violet...I ADORE your new rings!!! I also LOVE anything from SS and I am so getting something from there in the (near!) future!!! Ha ha!!!. I inquired about that OEC band during the winter.....In the end, I didt get it, but now I really regret it b/c I still love it so much!!!! Its is so pretty, and that band with your mom's diamonds and the pink sapphires is so gorgeous and special!!! That's sooo wonderful that you could use your mom's stones....

Cant wait to see hand pics!!!! Im so excited for you!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I love your set! That stacking ring is so fabulous. What a great way to remember and honor your mom and use the stones from her ring. Love the choice of pink sapphires too- they are my favorite colored gemstone. Can''t wait to see hand shots with your whole set.

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Holy tamole! You lucky gal!

I just LOVE both of your bands!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the pink! Can''t wait to see more pics.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s gorgeous! I love the pink sapphires, and what a great way to use your mom''s diamonds. I can''t wait to see hand shots!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love this ring - it''s gorgeous!!!! I love how you''ve been able to use your mother''s diamonds - so sweet!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning set of stack rings -- I love them! And to be able to use your mom''s engagement ring diamonds is so special!

JandJ

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning! and even more beautiful when you know the backstory!!!

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
Love! I esp love the eternity band--it''s different and stunning. Does anyone know if they can make it in white gold so it''s more affordable?

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Oooh. What a great story behind the stones. I love your wedding band and your stacking band! TDF! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

LuckyTexan

Brilliant_Rock
What an awesome way to honor your mothers memory!

I can''t wait to see it all together!!!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely way to remember your mum :)

Your new bands look amazing :)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Love this! Very vintage wonderful!

krisvrn

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love that shade of pink!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''ll be sure to post the hand pics.

I was really unsure if we''d have a plan for my mom''s ring until very recently. I was determined though that I''d be wearing something from my mom down the aisle this October! My friend said it will look like a lot of rings since I''ll probably wear the pink one on my right hand but whatever, it''ll work somehow!
1.gif

In re: to the white gold question:
js_diamond... you should give SS a call. I don''t know if they do that but they can do a lot of things!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a special ring! They are beautiful! I love it! Can''t wait to see more pictures!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I Love the OECs! (Thats exactly the kind of band i wanted-- but mine are bead set instead-- still OECs though
31.gif
)
The pink is perfect! (i also have a sim diamond and pink sapphire band--but mine is White Gold)
Your rings are stunning-- and it''s makes it even more special that you will be able to have a piece of your mom with you on your special day
1.gif

Can''t wait to see more pics! with your Gorgeous e-ring!
36.gif

js_diamond

Shiny_Rock
I contacted SS and they will do white gold as well. I love that ring! Too bad I am not getting married until May--I want it now!

darling

Shiny_Rock
These are my new favorite pieces and I am not even a "pink" kind of girl.
They are gorgeous! Congratulations

K9

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - I LOVE it!!! Such a beautiful way to use the stones from your mother''s ring... just lovely! Can''t wait for handshots!!

morganleFay

Shiny_Rock
I love the pink sapphire and diamond ring. Both are fantastic. I am thinking of buying from Single Stone. Didi you find it to be a very good experience?

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
I love your new bands. I can''t wait to see them with your e-ring.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 10:34:22 PM
Author: morganleFay
I love the pink sapphire and diamond ring. Both are fantastic. I am thinking of buying from Single Stone. Didi you find it to be a very good experience?

Absolutely the best experience! My FI and I flew down there the first time to pick out my engagement ring setting and stone, and we flew down the second time to pick out our wedding bands. They also just finished making my FI's platinum wedding band, I love it! They're sending us 3 rings this week...

You don't have to fly there like I did but I like to see things in person. Ari will send you stuff. He sent me three different colored stones to pick from when I was picking the pink sapphires for my stacking band. I've also had them clean my great grandmother's pearls and they did a fine job on that too. I love their shop in downtown LA... very chic.

They have the most amazing rings in the store too, TDF! It was well worth the in store visit for me, particularly since I love old stones and old rings...

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/29/2008 9:51:56 PM
Author: js_diamond
I contacted SS and they will do white gold as well. I love that ring! Too bad I am not getting married until May--I want it now!
The wedding band comes in 3 sizes FYI! Check the website... that one is the ''medium'' size.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh, I can''t wait to see these on you. What a beautiful way to honor your mum on your special day. Pink sapphires make me euphoric for some reason (I am a "pink girl", so maybe that has something to do with it).

I have to tell you, I was just talking to Patti today (to thank her for my new band & tell her how much I love it) and I said someday, I''ll want to upgrade my cushion setting to something like yours (she remembered your ring as soon as I said that I had just seen your photo of the pink/white band). It''s my all-time favorite round halo on PS! I hope your new bands will give you an excuse to take more pictures of all your rings (and his ring, too!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results