shape
carat
color
clarity

Tear drop pearl earrings...anyone have earshots?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m starting to think about christmas and I am debating whether or not to purchase tear drop pearl earrings for my MIL? but I can''t really picture it on her? it dangles, would you want one? do you have any pictures to share? TIA
35.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just chiming in that I''d LOVE to see a pair of real teardrops, too.

I keep buying ovals-advertised-as-teardrops...

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 3:08:49 PM
Author: yssie
Just chiming in that I''d LOVE to see a pair of real teardrops, too.

I keep buying ovals-advertised-as-teardrops...
are your ovals dangles too? do you have pics? would love to see that too

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My wedding earrings were teardrops:

memomandpearls.JPG

I can take more pics if you''d like. I still have them
1.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 3:43:45 PM
Author: geckodani
My wedding earrings were teardrops:

I can take more pics if you''d like. I still have them
1.gif
Oooohh... They are sooo lovely on your ears... you are soo beautiful. I have leverback normal round earrings, but now I''m wondering... do you think the "dangle" earrings are more for the Youngish crowd? and not an MIL gift?
33.gif
I''d hate to give these earrings (of course I haven''t bought them yet
3.gif
) if MIL won''t wear or like them, as I love them myself,
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thanks for the compliment. It''s still odd to see pics of myself with that much hair (it''s short now).

As for age... my Mom only ears studs, and my MIL only wears dangles. So I think it''s more of a persona preference thing.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
D&T - what kind of dangles are you thinking of, and how old is your MIL (ballpark)? I just got some round dangles from Chuyun that I made into earring charms - there''s a jump ring that slips over the post of any stud earring. I tried them last night, and they look very elegant. Teardrops would be fine too (instead of the rounds), but I wouldn''t necessarily write them off as only for the younger crowd. I think it''s a fresh but very classic look.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 4:38:36 PM
Author: cellentani
D&T - what kind of dangles are you thinking of, and how old is your MIL (ballpark)? I just got some round dangles from Chuyun that I made into earring charms - there's a jump ring that slips over the post of any stud earring. I tried them last night, and they look very elegant. Teardrops would be fine too (instead of the rounds), but I wouldn't necessarily write them off as only for the younger crowd. I think it's a fresh but very classic look.
the tear drop I'm think of looks like its just like its on a wire, and just slips right in no backing and not leverback. yeah, I think they will be classic still. MIL is about 50 ish

tearpearl dt1009.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/9/2009 4:44:02 PM
Author: D&T

D&T - what kind of dangles are you thinking of, and how old is your MIL (ballpark)? I just got some round dangles from Chuyun that I made into earring charms - there''s a jump ring that slips over the post of any stud earring. I tried them last night, and they look very elegant. Teardrops would be fine too (instead of the rounds), but I wouldn''t necessarily write them off as only for the younger crowd. I think it''s a fresh but very classic look.
the tear drop I''m think of looks like its just like its on a wire, and just slips right in no backing and not leverback. yeah, I think they will be classic still. MIL is about 50 ish
I think it just depends on how picky your MIL is. I don''t think the design is too young, but I know I prefer a post or leverback earring (but that''s totally just my finicky taste). Also, I wore a lot of heavy earrings in the ''80s, and one of my piercings is a little stretched. I''m a little self-conscious about it, and shepherd''s hook earrings tend to accentuate it. Even if she doesn''t like the finding, you could easily switch it out for a leverback, and I think it''s a very sweet gift!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they're all dangles, but I don't have pictures as I rarely wear any of them. I'll take some when I get my camera fixed (our three cats apparently decided to play ball
23.gif
). The purpley dangles look pretty!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 6:35:10 PM

Date: 10/9/2009 4:44:02 PM
Author: D&T

the tear drop I''m think of looks like its just like its on a wire, and just slips right in no backing and not leverback. yeah, I think they will be classic still. MIL is about 50 ish
I think it just depends on how picky your MIL is. I don''t think the design is too young, but I know I prefer a post or leverback earring (but that''s totally just my finicky taste). Also, I wore a lot of heavy earrings in the ''80s, and one of my piercings is a little stretched. I''m a little self-conscious about it, and shepherd''s hook earrings tend to accentuate it. Even if she doesn''t like the finding, you could easily switch it out for a leverback, and I think it''s a very sweet gift!
thanks cellentani - I had a loss for words on the metal thingy ...lol shepherds hook and findings...lol... awww glad its friday
3.gif
yeah, I don''t know if want to go the extra mile (isn''t that awful
14.gif
? of me) to change it out to leverbacks although I would prefer it, ...

-my sister''s pierciing is stretched, so I know what you mean (but it was becuase of her little sister ...Me
15.gif
that got jealous at age five and yanked on her ears
23.gif
sooo mean of me as a kid- but I''ve changed my ways and I think now I''m the nicer sister
37.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/9/2009 6:38:18 PM
Author: yssie
Yes, they''re all dangles, but I don''t have pictures as I rarely wear any of them. I''ll take some when I get my camera fixed (our three cats apparently decided to play ball
23.gif
). The purpley dangles look pretty!!
Thanks yssie. .... ooooh fun kitties
3.gif

I bought those earrings! Well, they are a little more intense, but I will let you know how they dangle when I get them ;-)

Personally, I think pearls work for anyone.. they are classic and can also be fun! You could always get them for her, and if you change your mind, have a pair for yourself?? :D :D :D

ETA. OK, I looked at the picture again and they are not tear drops, though I did buy several loose tear drops. Hmmmm...

I still stand behind getting them for her, and then changing your mind and keeping them.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/10/2009 12:57:54 AM
Author: swedish bean
I bought those earrings! Well, they are a little more intense, but I will let you know how they dangle when I get them ;-)

Personally, I think pearls work for anyone.. they are classic and can also be fun! You could always get them for her, and if you change your mind, have a pair for yourself?? :D :D :D

ETA. OK, I looked at the picture again and they are not tear drops, though I did buy several loose tear drops. Hmmmm...

I still stand behind getting them for her, and then changing your mind and keeping them.
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
27.gif
I like how you think SB! lol... I''m truly going to just get them and then decide when I see them if its a me or MIL gift
31.gif

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I''m in my 50''s and I have some pearl teardrop earrings on French wires that I wear. I''m not sure I would if I had short hair because I don''t like the look of French wires from the back, but that''s me and not necessarily an age thing.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2009 3:57:32 PM
Author: rainwood
I''m in my 50''s and I have some pearl teardrop earrings on French wires that I wear. I''m not sure I would if I had short hair because I don''t like the look of French wires from the back, but that''s me and not necessarily an age thing.
MIL has short hair, but I didn''t think of this either - hmmm that will be something else to think about....

Maybe I''ll just have to scrap this idea and just get a strand necklace
3.gif
thats pretty generic, and it''ll be classic anyways.

Thank you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results