carat
color
clarity

Teacher Gifts

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I think a starbucks $5.00 gift card is really nice for almost everyone. I don't even drink coffee but would enjoy trying something different. But, what I like best is the child learns about giving. Usually the young ones are excited to give. I loved bringing something for my teacher.

I know my mother would knit or sew something. She would buy silk fabric and hem the edges and give it as silk scarves. No, it wasn't expensive, just work.

I am curious however, why you would feel the need to give another 10.00 gift certificate after giving for the group gift. That seems like overkill to me.

It drives me crazy to get a cup as a small gift. 40 yrs ago it was nice. Now just clutter. Candles the same.

Just make your child excited about giving.

Annette

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annette - I love your post. This is such good advice! And, yes, my daughter is super-excited about giving gifts to her teachers. About the $10 gift card, of course, the only explanation I can give is that I am insane. And way-overthink things. I decided to get little notebooks and pretty gel pens for the main teachers so that at least it may be a useful gift.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results