shape
carat
color
clarity

Tapered Baguette setting designers-recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kasbrneyedgirl

Rough_Rock
Hi All!

As I have picked out the style ring I would like and my BF has told me he wants to buy the diamond first and have it put into a setting. We are looking at an EC 1.8 c and I would like the stone to sit low in the setting such as the Tiffany''s EC w/ tapered bag. Does anyone know of a jeweler that makes these already vs. having it custom made? We are in Chicago, if that matters. The only place we saw it was at Tiffany''s and it was almost $25,000!
Suggestions?

Thanks!

engagement_fancy_emdsides1_sm.jpg

kasbrneyedgirl

Rough_Rock
Here is the view of the center stone set down in the setting.

Thanks!

engagement_fancy_emdsides2_sm.jpg

Emeraldfan

Shiny_Rock
I wanted almost the exact same style ring as you do. I live in Chicago as well and had a custom setting done for me by Steve Quick''s on Clark Street. I did a little tweaking to the ring (as I didn''t want the side bars so noticible, etc). I think they did a great job. The platinum setting was only $1400 but then I picked out my own baguettes which made it a lot more. If you want the most similar ring to the Tiffany''s one the best website I have found is http://www.exceldiamonds.com/-Engagement-Rings-5/Solitaire-With-Diamond-Accent-Engagement-Rings-12/Tiffany-Replica-3-Stone-Diamond-Engagement-Ring-for-Emerald-Cut-1126.html and it is only a little over $1800 (plus the center stone cost).

Good luck and I hope this helps.

kasbrneyedgirl

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! This really helped! i just cannot wait to get the ring now that I know we do not need to pay Tiffany prices!

Thanks again!

Guess

Rough_Rock
I too have been looking at this style setting. My only reservation with that excel setting is that it looks like they copied the first two picks from Tiffanys site. I.E. they are not actually pictures of their setting. I have put their pic inside the Tiffany pic for comparison. Notice how the shadows in the store are exactly the same. Hmmmm......

tiffany and excel rings.JPG

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you are right. I think that''s very unethical.

peterman082

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a scott kay setting (m1061rdpp). I can''t find a picture of the 1061 on scott kay''s website, and I was wondering if any of you had pictures of this particular setting. Platinum, white gold, yellow gold, I don''t care.

Guess

Rough_Rock
sistagrl,

I agree that it is very unethical. It certainly misleads the consumers. If you look at the third pic, it looks like the area where the baguette meets the band is much steeper than the Tiffany setting. The reason I like the Tiffany is for that nice smooth look that it has. Likewise the prongs are a lot more angular and less fluid.

Finally, it is probably illegal (Tiffany and Co has copyrighted their site, which includes the images). Not to mention, its obvious, which makes the vendor careless or stupid. If you''re going to copy a setting and advertise it as a replica, someone is going to realize you stole the picture as well. This is the kind of thing that would make me nervous about a vendor in general. Has anyone out there bought this setting from Excel. Does it look anything like the pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results