shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite ring

kittykat7210

Rough_Rock
I have a Tanzanite ring, and i was wondering about the value of it. i have a lot of information about it to try and make it as easy as possible.

It's a 2ct trillion cut tanzanite (8mmx8mmx5mm) it is a violetish blue, approximately a vB5 with a very good cut and it's a flawless stone.

It's set in 14ct white gold (4.89g) with 38 diamonds surrounding it and down the shoulders, these are approximately 1.2mm round and make up to a carat weight of 0.2 ct. The diamonds are vs in clarity and H in colour.

This is a unique ring, it was made for me, so no one else has a ring like it, none of that mass produced stuff.

Many thanks.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to know the value, you should take the ring to a reliable appraiser. I don't think anyone can tell you what it's worth exactly. You can look for equivalent rings on eBay, diamondbistro, loupetroop and all the other estate sellers to gauge comparative prices I guess. There are also a few tanzanite related threads on the CS board right now.

I think the quality of the tanzanite, diamonds and workmanship will determine the value. The fact that it was custom made probably won't matter to a buyer. You see that many people sell their custom made rings for much less than what they paid for them.

eastjavaman

Shiny_Rock
From your description and profile picture, I would estimate the stone is worth around $500-750, and I am not sure about the ring itself, but could be another 300-500.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results