shape
carat
color
clarity

Tanzanite Pendant

jdash

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Very new to the purchasing of jewelry. Just purchased a Tanzanite pendant from a small jeweler in our area (bought my wife's custom wedding ring set from him). Don't know much about Tanzanite, the main stone is 4.8 carats with a .52 carat diamond above it. My receipt says: D-0.52 G-4.80 O-4.09 VS SI GH whatever that means. I paid a few dollars over $3,800 for it, is that a good price? I can exchange it.

Thanks for the help!

image_237.jpg

jdash

Rough_Rock
Just realized how poor the picture is, sorry! Will try for a better one later.

jdash

Rough_Rock
image_239.jpg image_240.jpg

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
$2000 grand to much in my opinion but maybe you wont get better in your neck of the woods

jdash

Rough_Rock
Wow, so less than $500 pct for the Tanzanite not even including the .52 diamond. Looks like I need to reevaluate my purchase if that's true.

jdash

Rough_Rock
So how much is a 4.8 ct tanzanite stone worth in general. The price is actually below $500 per ct? I didn't realize quite how soft of a metal it is either, is it generally fine in a pendant? Is there some other reason why it would be worth so little ($2,000) like said above. The guy I got it from has always seemed to be a reasonable guy but this is my first time buying from him without my friend who introduced me, so it's possible he charged me more than he would in that case (bartering is acceptable here, hence why I posted as I didn't do my research before this purchase).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results