shape
carat
color
clarity

Take me off the list.... I am engaged!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Eeeekkk!! I was beginning to think I would never get to say those lovely words, but on Friday evening I was engaged! I took a million pics, all of which turned out fuzzy. I''m borrowing another camera for tonight to find some good shots. It was wonderful...

Obviously, for those who have followed my story you know I''ve been wedding planning minus ring for months now and the reasons behind this. We found some financial help with a 0% credit card- Amen!- and ordered the ring 2 weeks ago. It was my dream ring and I was thrilled... but, I wondered if all this time of me pushing him along and now wedding planning with everyone knowing would spoil the engagement aka take the thrill away. Nope!!

I walked in the door Friday night and there were a million candles in our house and a trail of rose petals leading to a vase full of red roses. The television had the phrase "To My Future Wife" with cheers highlighted. I was given a glass of champagne and told to play the dvd. He came around and sat with me as we watched a beautiful dvd he made with pictures from the last 2 1/2 years we''ve been together with our song for the first dance at our wedding. Yep, I''m holding back tears AND surprisingly really nervous. At the end of the dvd it said "Will you marry me" at which point in time he got down on his knee, pulled out the ring, and asked me to marry him! Of course THEN I cried- we sat and drank some champagne and enjoyed some truffles. Then we headed off to a wonderful dinner where we celebrated again as our waitress brought us some complimentary champagne and chocolate lava cake. We finished the evening snuggling, watching Jerry Maguire with our dogs and some... other fun stuff!

Here are the details on the ring:

1.06 cushion in a pave halo setting
The setting is 123 diamonds- total weight .5 carats
Cushion is E, VS1 with a gorgeous cut- it sparkles like MAD!

Thanks gals for all the support over the year plus I have been on... I''ll be around to see you all OFF the list! Posting pics soon!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
I can not wait to see your ring, a halo cushion-my absolute fave stone and setting! please don''t make us wait too long for pics
2.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
congrats!!!!!! you''ve been so patient and understanding, you really deserve it and that is one heck of a romantic proposal!! he must''ve been planning that for ages!! Makes it all SOOO worth it! Now it''s full on wedding planning!
emsmile.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Caligal!! That sounds like a wonderful proposal! Your fiance clearly put a lot of thought into making it really special and meaningful! All the best to you two!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! What a thoughtful proposal!

MUST post pics soon - the ring sounds divine.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Caligal! Your proposal story sounds so romantic!

iheartcushions

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! I can''t wait to see your ring! As you can tell, I kind of like cushions!
30.gif

jamiesorr

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! It sounds like he did a great job. It''s neat that he put it all into a cd. Now you can watch it again and remember how wonderful it was.

Congrats again!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Cali! Your ring sounds divine and I can''t wait for pics!

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS!!! I bet you are very excited and the ring sounds completely beautiful!!!
36.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!
36.gif
The proposal sounds perfect!!! I know that even though you knew it was coming, to actually hear those words, well, what can I say?!

Can''t wait to see pics!

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
congrats caligal! the ring sounds amazing, and it''s great to hear how exciting it was!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
CONGRATS! That is a great story you''ll be able to tell for years! And, just think how fun it will be when you''re sitting in your rocking chairs to be able to go back and watch the DVD that he made for you - that is just SO precious! CONGRATS!!!!!!! Enjoy the next few months before the wedding! I''m sure they''ll be great!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Oh Cali, I am soooo happy for you!! Congrats, and HOW SWEET!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
ohh Cali, Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

The proposal sounds perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Best to you both!

M~

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
yay finally! what a nice proposal story
and a dvd that you will cherish forever!!
36.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
yay caligal!!! Congratulations! What a wonderful proposal!

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Hurrah! Congrats! Sounds like a really great proposal as well!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a very sweet proposal that was!! Congrats caligal, your ring sounds amazing. Can''t wait for the pics!!!!
36.gif

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
caligirl, congratulations! It sounds like you had a wonderful proposal, and have a great engagement ring and fiance! Good luck with your wedding, I can''t wait to see ring pics!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!! Post the blurry pics for now....we need to see bling!!!!
emteeth.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations... you must be floating right now... can''t wait to see pix of your beautiful new ring!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
YEA Caligal!!! FINALLY!!! Congrats!!! It sounds so wonderful! Now bring on the bling pics!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Cali!! I''m so happy for you... I couldn''t help thinking "About time!"
28.gif
It makes me so happy to see my LIW buddies off the list!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, caligal!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Pics, please??? Your ring sounds fabulous!
37.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
That is such a sweet story to be able to tell :) Congratulations!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
How great! I was almost in tears too!

Cannot wait to see the ring, it sounds so wonderful...have fun now being official!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results