shape
carat
color
clarity

Take a look at my engagement ring...with specs....

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
Paid $3k for it. Got a great deal. Can always upgrade later (I work at an investment bank, so I may get a legit gia 2 carat rock at the 1 year anny' :twirl: ) haha, but it's the size I wanted with the sparkle that I wanted and I know she'll be happy, so that's what matters most.
EGL .85 F SI1 Excellent cut 6.11-6.07-3.72...I figure it's a very good cut-and more of an I in color based on my side by side comparison of a GIA certified SI1/excellent/I.

Also...who here knows about becoming a jeweler? I want to open up a business. I'll get my GG after I finish playing around in the corporate world and complete my CFA...but tell me about how I can make a living importing/appraising/wholeselling...thanks!

delete.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bullmarket12|1308178778|2946980 said:
Paid $3k for it. Got a great deal. Can always upgrade later (I work at an investment bank, so I may get a legit gia 2 carat rock at the 1 year anny' :twirl: ) haha, but it's the size I wanted with the sparkle that I wanted and I know she'll be happy, so that's what matters most.
EGL .85 F SI1 Excellent cut 6.11-6.07-3.72...I figure it's a very good cut-and more of an I in color based on my side by side comparison of a GIA certified SI1/excellent/I.

Also...who here knows about becoming a jeweler? I want to open up a business. I'll get my GG after I finish playing around in the corporate world and complete my CFA...but tell me about how I can make a living importing/appraising/wholeselling...thanks!
how??...don't quit your day time job.. :bigsmile:

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
HAHA!!! But, what do you think about the purchase I made?

P.S. I can't work long hours forever! I'd love to be 35 and work under 45 hours a week....someday....someday....

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have the other specs from the stone?
Do you have a better picture of the ring?
Was the 3K for the stone and the setting together?

I'm so happy you love the stone! Best of luck to you with the proposal!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad that you are happy with your purchase. Congrats and good luck with the proposal!! Can't wait to see pics!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That appraisal states none of the specs or cut information that you would need to accurately assess that stone. It basically just reiterates what EGL Israel says which again says not much of anything. Repeating that and adding a dollar value does not make a good appraisal. I think you'd be shocked if you had it professionally appraised.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1308183088|2947046 said:
That appraisal states none of the specs or cut information that you would need to accurately assess that stone. It basically just reiterates what EGL Israel says which again says not much of anything. Repeating that and adding a dollar value does not make a good appraisal. I think you'd be shocked if you had it professionally appraised.

Not so sure about a great deal. . . I'd have to do some comparisons if I were you.

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
here it is, guys! I carved out my old tax book to hide it until the proposal. The "appraisal" is the one from the jewelers I purchased it from. Had it independently appraised (a totally separate appraisal from the one you see) for insurance purposes to try and get a lower appraisal, and it appraised for $5300 there.

Did my comparison side-by-side as prescribed in the OP.

deleters.jpg

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
Haven|1308181753|2947027 said:
Do you have the other specs from the stone?
Do you have a better picture of the ring?
Was the 3K for the stone and the setting together?

I'm so happy you love the stone! Best of luck to you with the proposal!
2300 for the rock and 900 for the setting.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

You sound very happy with your ring and career plans--congrats! Shos us hand pics when you have time!

cheers--Sharon

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much, guys! I am truly blessed to have such a lovely diamond to match my soon to be fiance'. I knew going in that I had a low budget for what I wanted, but through this website, patience, and due diligence, I was about to hit a homerun. The best advice I can give, is to see what a "great" diamond looks like from GIA (that's the industry standard)....and use it as a measuring stick. If you're dealing with a "low" budget, don't buy without seeing it in person. I've seen plenty of good looking stones with perfect specs that are "eye clean" from pictures, only to have clouds, spots, or not a very good sparkle when I finally see them in person.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bullmarket12|1308183591|2947054 said:
here it is, guys! I carved out my old tax book to hide it until the proposal. The "appraisal" is the one from the jewelers I purchased it from. Had it independently appraised (a totally separate appraisal from the one you see) for insurance purposes to try and get a lower appraisal, and it appraised for $5300 there.

I love the setting- that is really pretty with the split shank twist pave!

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
Amys Bling|1308184792|2947076 said:
bullmarket12|1308183591|2947054 said:

I love the setting- that is really pretty with the split shank twist pave!

Thanks!!!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks pretty! Good luck with your proposal!

alvina

Rough_Rock
hey.. the engagement ring is just too good. your girl gonna love it..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for you - why do you want us to look at it?

Do you want reassurance that you got good value for your money? If so - Amy's comparables link is probably most helpful. Value for money is subjective - and means different things to different people, includes vendor choices and vendor perks... so we can't really answer that for you with any firmness I'm afraid!

Do you want to know if you got a "good" rock? We'll need a lot more info, but going just by the fact that it's EGL-I we do know that even the numbers on the report will not tell us everything we want to know. You say you've done your homework by comparing to GIA stones, and without more info we have less to go on blindly online than you yourself do - so again, if you are happy with your in-person choice that is the most important thing.

alvina

Rough_Rock
it's nice

lbling

Rough_Rock
I think trying to stick within a budget and getting your girl the rock of her dreams are very very difficult. But if you feel that you have gotten a good deal with the budget you allocated yourself that is all that matters. And she will love the ring regardless because you spent the hard yards getting something that is for her. Congrats and good luck with the proposal. :appl:

bullmarket12

Rough_Rock
Yssie|1308441907|2949219 said:
Question for you - why do you want us to look at it?

Do you want reassurance that you got good value for your money? If so - Amy's comparables link is probably most helpful. Value for money is subjective - and means different things to different people, includes vendor choices and vendor perks... so we can't really answer that for you with any firmness I'm afraid!

Do you want to know if you got a "good" rock? We'll need a lot more info, but going just by the fact that it's EGL-I we do know that even the numbers on the report will not tell us everything we want to know. You say you've done your homework by comparing to GIA stones, and without more info we have less to go on blindly online than you yourself do - so again, if you are happy with your in-person choice that is the most important thing.

Congrats on post #11,344!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results