shape
carat
color
clarity

Take 2! What do we think of this dress?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
OK, so I went today to investigate. I thought long and hard about the Lia and I''m just not happy with the way it looks. I went to try it on again with a new bra and I''m just ready to scratch it!
7.gif
What do you guys think of this potential dress?

RIvini front.JPG

moonfaery_87

Rough_Rock
I think....it looks amazing! so beautiful! It makes your waist look tiny. wow... perfect. and I''m not just saying that.

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
love it!

calidaisy

Shiny_Rock
it''s pretty.
1.gif

however, it''s similar to lia in a sense that they''re both sweetheart neckline, mermaid/ trumpet (?) style dress ... and it makes me wonder whether the problem you had with lia was specific to lia or that kind of silhouette in general.

so, as much as i think this dress is gorgeous and you look pretty ... my suggestion (while you''re back to dress shopping) is, how about trying a different look (i.e. ball gown, A-line, etc) and showing us what they look like on you as well.
2.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OM FREAKING G! It''s AMAZING ON YOU!!! Seriously! I adore it. It''s just so flattering and your waist looks teeny tiny and just WOW! Sell that Lia lady... I think you''ve found your dress.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
This one is beautiful on you...but your Lia just appears a bit small IMO and if it was the right size it would look a LOT nicer. Are you wearing a shaper in the Lia pictures? If not that could make a huge difference in how that one looks...

But that being said if you can afford this dress it IS beautiful.

Just for comparison, here are a few other pics of ones I tried on today (but the one I posted is my fave).

Platinum back.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 7:49:28 PM
Author: calidaisy
however, it''s similar to lia in a sense that they''re both sweetheart neckline, mermaid/ trumpet (?) style dress ... and it makes me wonder whether the problem you had with lia was specific to lia or that kind of silhouette in general.

so, as much as i think this dress is gorgeous and you look pretty ... my suggestion (while you''re back to dress shopping) is, how about trying a different look (i.e. ball gown, A-line, etc) and showing us what they look like on you as well.
2.gif

Agree 100%. I like the dress from the front ... BUT ... the back:
6.gif
. The first thing I thought of was "lace diaper" -- the way it covers the butt area -- looks like old granny panties or something -- about 10 sizes too big for you.
32.gif

Sorry to be so frank. I think it needs to be said before you make (another?) mistake!!!!!!

pumpkin81

Rough_Rock
I have to say - I am a huge Lia fan, BUT this new dress (the top one) looks awesome on you! It makes you look so much more slim...tiny waist and just way more flattering across the bust. This is the winner hands down!! What designer is it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the back a LOT. I''m not getting lace diaper at all (and really, with such a vivid image, how can you help but imagine it! ROFLMAO).
33.gif

pumpkin81

Rough_Rock
I''m with Gypsy on this one...I dont see the lace diaper. I love it!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2008 7:57:01 PM
Author: Gypsy
I like the back a LOT. I''m not getting lace diaper at all (and really, with such a vivid image, how can you help but imagine it! ROFLMAO).
33.gif
I love the back, too. I didn''t think ''lace diaper'' either. It''s gorgeous on you and very slimming as well. Love it!

Date: 6/16/2008 7:49:28 PM
Author: calidaisy
it''s pretty.
1.gif

2.gif
Very good point, Cali! Just posted a few more for comparison. I have a few A-lines on there, but I am definitely not a ball gown person (I''ve tried them and I get lost in them, and they are just not my style). Let me know if these other pics provide a good comparison.

You are right in that it is similar to the Lia, in that it''s satin and trumpet-ish. I think this new one is much less severe and the main problem really (in my view) with lia was 1) no waist definition and 2) that it just seemed tight and I felt exposed since it was so fitted.

Date: 6/16/2008 7:49:33 PM
Author: Gypsy
OM FREAKING G! It''s AMAZING ON YOU!!! Seriously! I adore it. It''s just so flattering and your waist looks teeny tiny and just WOW! Sell that Lia lady... I think you''ve found your dress.
Thank you my dear!!! You are too kind!

Date: 6/16/2008 7:56:19 PM
Author: pumpkin81
I have to say - I am a huge Lia fan, BUT this new dress (the top one) looks awesome on you! It makes you look so much more slim...tiny waist and just way more flattering across the bust. This is the winner hands down!! What designer is it?
Thanks pumkin. it is a rivini (not sure how old it is though??)

Haha, decoded! that is such a funny image! I will definitely think about that - I''m glad you pointed it out! I don''t think i get the lace diaper vibe but it is good to ponder it and make sure! Thank you for being honest!

moonfaery_87

Rough_Rock
That last dress also looks amazing on you! like really amazing!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
The top dress is the winner....hands down!
1.gif
It makes your waist look super super tiny and the fabric looks very rich and romantic. IMO, I think that the back view is fine. The lace coming to a point above your tush actually adds to the slimming factor. I
30.gif
30.gif
the sweetheart neckline on you!

Date: 6/16/2008 8:18:13 PM
Author: LauraSLP07
The top dress is the winner....hands down!
1.gif
It makes your waist look super super tiny and the fabric looks very rich and romantic. IMO, I think that the back view is fine. The lace coming to a point above your tush actually adds to the slimming factor. I
30.gif
30.gif
the sweetheart neckline on you!
Thank you Laura! You are so sweet! I just don''t want to rush into anything but I do really love that one. Thank you so much for your opinion!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
You found it
36.gif

I think the first one you posted is "the one". What does your mom think?
It is sooo flattering on you and shows you at your very best IMO.

My second fave is the last one you posted.

A definite nix to the ballgown. It''s just not you.

Did I say how MUCH I love you in that first gown? You look just yummy, amazing, perfect, like it was made for you
30.gif

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, love the silhouette of that first dress on you. Mermaid (or what ever you want to call it!) is absolutely the silhouette for you! The a-line dresses were just "meh" on you. I don''t care for the fuller skirts.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
I agree with most here. Dress one is stunning!

The Lia is a pretty dress (i just saw a bride in one on the streets of SF a few weekend ago actually) but seeing you in a more waist defining dress makes a HUGE difference. I'd 100% get dress one!

The neckline is also stunning on you, love it! You look fantastic!

ETA: I just looked at your Lia post again, it's amazing how much better this dress looks on you in comparison.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the last dress! You look fab in mermaid or a-line ... maybe I''m also reacting to the super shiny fabric in the 1st dress. Shiny is very unforgiving in photos ... and sometimes can be cheap-looking.

Do agree with the others that your waist is d-d-damn in the 1st dress (but also the last).

Date: 6/16/2008 8:36:42 PM
Author: violet02

ETA: I just looked at your Lia post again, it''s amazing how much better this dress looks on you in comparison.
Thanks violet! I totally know what you mean. I feel like the Lia must have made you guys think that I was a chubby gal! (not that I am a skinny girl...) But I feel like the dresses from today look soooo much more flattering.

I don''t know how I ever thought Lia looked good on me?!

Date: 6/16/2008 8:25:38 PM
Author: purrfectpear
You found it
36.gif

I think the first one you posted is ''the one''. What does your mom think?
It is sooo flattering on you and shows you at your very best IMO.

My second fave is the last one you posted.

A definite nix to the ballgown. It''s just not you.

Did I say how MUCH I love you in that first gown? You look just yummy, amazing, perfect, like it was made for you
30.gif
Thanks purrfect! My mom said she really likes it (of course, pictures are tough) but she thinks it looks 1 million times better than the Lia! She reeally likes it!

Date: 6/16/2008 8:33:07 PM
Author: Amandine
Okay, love the silhouette of that first dress on you. Mermaid (or what ever you want to call it!) is absolutely the silhouette for you! The a-line dresses were just ''meh'' on you. I don''t care for the fuller skirts.
Thanks Amandine! That is exactly how I feel. The a-line are ok, and too full just makes me look a little lost...
I''m glad you agree!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results