shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi: WSS w/ Silvery-blue Tones

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
A while ago I started searching for a white WSS strand with silver overtones. Not much luck at several vendors, so I reached out to Takahashi, not really expecting they'd have much for WSS. Uhm, quite incorrect on my part. Heh!

Yy was amazing, and ended up asking Mr. Seki to help put together a strand for me. I preferred about 10mm, could be off-round, baroque, lightly circled, and with excellent lustre. No such luck for 10–11mm, but 11–12mm was a possibility! There were several contenders, one I almost pulled the trigger on, then realized the strand was really blue. Pity I have so many blue Akoya strands!

The inner strand, below, was one of the early ones sourced. Way too blue. But sooooo gorgeous! It was deeply tempting! The outside strand was too white, and being slightly oval, in other shots, it reminded me too much of teeth. I couldn't.
274500110_1276394992839065_656054297102999681_n.jpg

Mr. Seki was seconded to find some in the range I was looking for:
274490457_337800861607444_1946383166316680853_n.jpg

The two "studs" were what I was hoping for, and this was the result:
274301374_129572332917281_2541570790984471572_n.jpg

Silly me! I forgot that off-round pearls are measured across the width rather than by length. Soooooo, while these are 11x11.9mm by width, by length, they end up being 12x14.9mm. Kinda a lot bigger than I had intended!

IMG_2330.jpg

Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
The lustre is fabulous! I asked Yy to have them strung so I can wear them while I muse on a clasp. The silver "bean" clasp is fine for the moment, and the stringing job is, of course, perfect!

IMG_2328.JPG

Cannot capture the correct color as my eyes see it! The two WSS studs are slightly whiter, and the difference is negligible when on the ear/neck.

Lustre:

IMG_2329.JPG

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are so beautiful and look fabulous on!! I hope you enjoy them every time you place these delicious specimens on your neck. Love them!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! A perfect middle colour - Goldilocks WSS ❤️

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
They are so beautiful and look fabulous on!! I hope you enjoy them every time you place these delicious specimens on your neck. Love them!!

Thank you, @Slick1! They look bigger in the photos than IRL. They really do glow—it's like having moonlight as a necklace. :D

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! A perfect middle colour - Goldilocks WSS ❤️

Thank you, @yssie. Heh! I did feel a bit like Goldilocks when I was trading DM's with Yy. "Well, this one is too white. And this one is too blue..." LOL! You nailed it! :dance:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous! Love the large size, color, luster, shape - beautiful! Did you get the studs, too?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous, and the size of the strand looks great on you.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous! Love the large size, color, luster, shape - beautiful! Did you get the studs, too?
@DorotheaBrooke Thank you! In all honesty, I'm still getting used to the size. :) I already have some lovely studs that were supposed to be 10mm, but they're actually just over 11mm. :???: These were from a different vendor. The quality is also lovely, and they do go very nicely with the Takahashi strand.

Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:
Thank you, @dk168 Like you, I'd love to be able to wear big-whopper studs, but nooo!

Gorgeous, and the size of the strand looks great on you.
Thank you so much, @CMN. The lustre is so beautiful and mesmerizing! I can definitely see where having a gorgeous pearl in a net would be wonderful for gazing at, even while wearing it. Shorter strands are limiting, this way. But I couldn't imagine the heavy weight of a long strand of these beauties.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
They really , really, are lustrously fantastic.:love: I love the presence on you. I could see people remembering those about you and connecting the two.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
They really , really, are lustrously fantastic.:love: I love the presence on you. I could see people remembering those about you and connecting the two.

:D Thank you, @ItsMainelyYou Funny you should mention my connection with pearls. LOL! I'm teased by family members...because of having a great affection for pearls. My hubby asks if I have my "_______ pearls" on. This could be for grocery shopping, mowing the lawn, visiting online, etc. :lol:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are amazing!

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
A beautiful pearl strand!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results