shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi Akoya 10mm Baroque

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I bought these on a whim. Akoya Baroque 10.-10.9mm 18". I reached out to Takahashi and they had these at 16" but they will add 3 peals and string for me. And attach a clasp. Fingers crossed!

Taki pearls 7.png

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty! What kind of clasp?

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! What kind of clasp?

They are adding a gold plated silver clasp, round. I will change that later. They don't have clasp options apparently. Or at least they couldn't fill my 14kt YG request now. I realize they are limited as they are not a pearl jewelry store :)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are adding a gold plated silver clasp, round. I will change that later. They don't have clasp options apparently. Or at least they couldn't fill my 14kt YG request now. I realize they are limited as they are not a pearl jewelry store :)

it looks completly gorgeous :kiss2:
yes, better to get the gold plated clasp now so you can wear it as soon as it arrives :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Reactions: Ann

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
Those look beautiful!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Omg tell us when they arrive!!!! I've been following your pearl journey (in a non creepy way). I'm so excited for you

That lustre looks AMAZING!!!!!

Follow along :). I'm excited to see these. The luster looks pretty good, at least in the pictures. I'm hoping at 10mm they are not too big - I'm fairly thin so I don't want them to be too much.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ummmm YUM! That shine! Can't wait to see IRL pics!

cheers--Sharon

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just starting to get back into pearls and these are so beautiful!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Looks lovely !!!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Grrrr.... the pearls are held up clearing customs. I had an email asking me to clarify if the pearls were natural or cultured. The shipping info that Takahaski provided to customs just stated "Pearl Product". So frustrating. I replied Saltwater Cultured and gave a description. Hope that works.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hang in there...you will have them soon!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. These just arrived. I'm pleased but not blown away, haha! I love the luster. Each pearl has it's own "character" And they are smaller than I expected but that's ok. I also noticed one pearl appears more gray or ? But overall I'm good and will wear them - I guess that is what counts.
IMG_0797.jpg

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
The lustre is superb!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok. These just arrived. I'm pleased but not blown away, haha! I love the luster. Each pearl has it's own "character" And they are smaller than I expected but that's ok. I also noticed one pearl appears more gray or ? But overall I'm good and will wear them - I guess that is what counts.
IMG_0797.jpg

They look really beautiful. They read quite round on the neck, and the luster looks stunning in your pics!!

You could potentially restring to remove that one more grey pearl. Kind of a pain so I don’t know how important it would be to you, but if that would make a huge difference to your enjoyment of the strand..?

The size - guess you’ll just have to get another bigger one for layering one day :bigsmile:

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They look really beautiful. They read quite round on the neck, and the luster looks stunning in your pics!!

You could potentially restring to remove that one more grey pearl. Kind of a pain so I don’t know how important it would be to you, but if that would make a huge difference to your enjoyment of the strand..?

The size - guess you’ll just have to get another bigger one for layering one day :bigsmile:

I wore them all day yesterday. :). For my first dip in the pool of pearls, I'm pleased. The off-color grayish pearl is not that noticeable IRL, so I probably will not restring. And the sizing is perfect for everyday wear. I just over think everything and had 10mm in my head as big. Thank you yssie for checking in.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This clasp style is a new one for me. I actually like it. It's not quite as tedious as others. But I'm not sure of the safety of this one. pearl clasp.jpg

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When it comes to pearls, luster is the main thing! IMO everything else-- size, shape, color-- is secondary.

My baroque akoya strand has one really gnarly looking pearl. But it's not front and center so it doesn't matter, and it actually is very lustrous, and I like the length of the necklace as it is. So I left the gnarly pearl in when I restrung it (because the clasp it came with wasn't secure-- the first time I wore the necklace it simply fell off my neck -- fortunately into my hands rather than onto my driveway!)

With the clasp on your necklace, the risk comes if the button is pressed accidentally. Otherwise it looks like it should be secure. I have no experience with such a clasp, but you might consider just wearing it around the house for a while until you are sure it won't accidentally release.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They look lovely,. The clasp should be fine. It's a very common connection and seems to be on quite a few Japanes strands . I like it as a claps for necklaces but I don't use it on bracelets as the potential for it to be pressed is always there.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
They look lovely,. The clasp should be fine. It's a very common connection and seems to be on quite a few Japanes strands . I like it as a claps for necklaces but I don't use it on bracelets as the potential for it to be pressed is always there.

Thanks, I appreciate your input. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results