shape
carat
color
clarity

Takahashi “cheap” shipping option delivery time

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
For those who are ordering from Takahashi and debating shipping options:

11/15 around 9 pm Eastern - I confirmed an order of Pearl studs with Takahashi via Instagram DM . Takahashi gave me two shipping options. Slower shipping at $35 that would take 10 days to 2 weeks or faster shipping at $110 that would take 4-5 days. I asked if the cheaper option still allowed for delivery tracking and was told it did.

I opted for the cheaper shipping option. The posts on the studs still needed to be set so that time needed to be accounted for as well and I was told that typically takes 3 days.

11/17 at 7 am Eastern - I paid my invoice.

11/22 at 1 am Eastern - Takahashi said the studs were done being set and had been shipped.

11/26 around 1 pm Eastern - the earrings were delivered via DHS. Given the holiday I feel like this was an extra quick delivery time.

So if you have a small order coming from Takahashi you should definitely consider the cheaper shipping option as they still might arrive pretty quickly.

I am very pleased with the quality to price ratio for the 8.5-9.0 mm studs I received. They were less than half the cost of my gem quality 7.5-8 mms from Andrew Moline. And while I do see a definite luster difference between the two (I asked Takahashi for the best luster studs available) the Takahashi studs are still very very nice.

My particular pair barely cracked the 8.5mm measurement so I didn’t make out in terms of receiving studs on the larger end of that range. With my Andrew Moline 7.5-8.0 studs my actual pair are a little over 7.8 mm so I did get a nice size in that range.

The only thing i wish I had done differently was ask about other earring back options as the ones that are standardly provided are just way too small for my hands to easily manage.

4621F37D-CF4A-4006-8BCB-E44BC8610A8B.jpeg C75C995C-19DA-4444-A27F-61290E4783B8.jpeg E4E4CAF0-4D82-4278-B363-ABD57850EA52.jpeg

Last edited:

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
Mine arrived to me in 4 days with the cheaper option. They also have full tracking so second that! Highly recommend :)

When you have time, would you mind doing a comparison shot for Takahashi vs Moline? I only have Takahashi pearls and I am curious to compare

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Wow these are so pretry

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Just clarifying here so no one has inappropriate expectations - the earring backs shown in the first pics of my new Takahashi studs are from my Andrew Moline studs. I will use them on both the Moline and the Takahashi studs because the backs that came with the Takahashi studs are just too small.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS!

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Both are stunning! Can tell the difference in luster but with the price you can't really complain!

Exactly. I’m very happy with both pairs as both were purchased with different expectations and objectives.

Cinders

Shiny_Rock
Those are lovely & I'm very happy to hear that the much less expensive shipping option works so well. (Wow to the Moline pearls, stunning!!) Thank you for the comparison pictures, as well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just want to add one detail re. Takahashi shipping -
If you choose their FedEx option (pricier option) then the shipment is insured by Takahashi against loss or damage. The lower cost shipping option doesn’t include insurance, so you’re taking full liability.

adlgel

Shiny_Rock
Good call out @yssie. To be honest I’m not sure I even understood that when making my decision about which shipping option to select. I think in my head because it was trackable I just assumed it came with all the standard projections of other trackable shipping services and in my head that included protections should shipment arrive damaged or not arrive at all.

ittypea

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hijack your thread but I want to share my shipping experience too!

I paid for my invoice on 11/18, they were able to ship the next day for the first package and 11/21 for the second package (both with the cheaper option). I received the first package today! (I thought it was really fast!)

I didn't fully understand why my order was split into two shipments as it doubled the shipping cost to $70. I received the first item (1 necklace) today and my box was huge compared to the necklace.... Perhaps if they suggest that to anyone in the future, I would recommend that the buyer insists on combining the shipment. I ordered 2 strands of unstrung pearls and 2 pairs of loose pearls. The shipping package is the size of a full-size ipad and about 2 inches thick, the pearls were in a bubble wrap so there's definitely room for everything in my opinion.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hijack your thread but I want to share my shipping experience too!

I paid for my invoice on 11/18, they were able to ship the next day for the first package and 11/21 for the second package (both with the cheaper option). I received the first package today! (I thought it was really fast!)

I didn't fully understand why my order was split into two shipments as it doubled the shipping cost to $70. I received the first item (1 necklace) today and my box was huge compared to the necklace.... Perhaps if they suggest that to anyone in the future, I would recommend that the buyer insists on combining the shipment. I ordered 2 strands of unstrung pearls and 2 pairs of loose pearls. The shipping package is the size of a full-size ipad and about 2 inches thick, the pearls were in a bubble wrap so there's definitely room for everything in my opinion.
Huh.

The only reason I can think of to separate shipments with their cheaper option is that since content is uninsured - if one package goes missing at least you’ve not lost everything?

But at that point they might as well just recommend spending the extra $30 and having one package sent fully insured via FedEx. So… Yeah, no clue on this one :???:

ittypea

Rough_Rock
Huh.

The only reason I can think of to separate shipments with their cheaper option is that since content is uninsured - if one package goes missing at least you’ve not lost everything?

But at that point they might as well just recommend spending the extra $30 and having one package sent fully insured via FedEx. So… Yeah, no clue on this one :???:

Yeah, I thought about just paying the extra $30 too but then I was worried she'd say, we need to split that one too and I end up spending 10% of my budget on shipping alone :confused: The second package content was comparably inexpensive as it's a 4mm strand to make dainty bracelet with and the studs...

Next time I'll just ask for 1 box. No big deal, but I thought I'd share, now that I know the size of the package, and the minimalistic wrapping material, a single box would be doable for similar quantity of purchase.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results