shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori''s Invites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I finally took (bad) pictures of my invites to share with all my PS friends. I have gotten a very good response from them. We both wanted something a little different than the traditional wedding invites. Our invites are six layers thick. The first layer is vellum with our name, date, and "logo", second is the formal invitation, third is the rsvp response postcard (perfed at a local print shop), fourth layer is the hotel information, fifth is directions (yes, I broke down!), final is local attractions. I printed them on our laser and FI and a BM hammered them all together. I ended up going with the Onyx envelopes and got our return address printed in silver ink (so cool!) I used a silver pen to address all of them. They look much better in person but these will have to do.

Tacori_wedding-invite_1.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not sure why the pictures turned out so fuzzy! Here is the RSVP page.

Tacori_invite_2.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The attraction page....

Tacori_invite_5.jpg

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! You are so talented! Those are very impressive -- great job!!

I also designed our invites, but they are muuuuuch simpler than yours. Of course now you have me totally rethinking them!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2006 11:58:48 AM
Author: ellaila
WOW!! You are so talented! Those are very impressive -- great job!!

I also designed our invites, but they are muuuuuch simpler than yours. Of course now you have me totally rethinking them!

Thank you so much! I really couldn''t find anything already made that I wanted. I am happy with the way they turned out.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Those are awesome!

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Those are incredible! And you made them yourself...I''m super impressed!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks appletini and laine!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow those are great! I love the format!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
TER those are AMAZING!!! Seriously - really, really nice and classy and professional looking! Love them.
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
it must be a great feeling to have them done! (and done right
39.gif
)
seriously, they look fab.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Dee*Jay. We wanted something a little different. They go with our STD as well.

FG-I am glad they still look classy!
2.gif
I wanted elegant with a twist.

JCrow-sometimes if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself. Don''t stress. You have PLENTLY of time! (((hug)))

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tacori, your invites are fabulous! I love the butterfly!
36.gif
35.gif

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you did those yourself?? Those are really professional looking. I like how they exhibit your personal taste/flair. They look lovely and best wishes on your special day:)

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch- I am lucky that they had cute postcard stamps! I used the Bryce Canyon stamps for the envelope. I love how the red stamp looked on the black.

Snooper-well to be fair I am a graphic designer so this wasn''t too much of a stretch for me. Choosing exactly what I wanted was harder than actually making them. Thanks so much for the good wishes. It is getting close!

saturn

Shiny_Rock
Very, very, very nice. I love the design and how you managed to include so much information in them
Thanks for posting them.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
LOVE them!
They are sooo out of the box!

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Duh, I''m so dumb. When I first heard about postcard RSVPs, I assumed the whole RSVP was on one side of the card and the mailing address went on the other, and I was going nuts trying to figure out how to do that on my home printer (though I use Illustrator and Quark, a graphic designer I am not!).

Then I saw your invites and -- lightbulb!! -- I get it now.
1.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done!
36.gif

Wow, I wish I had some of your talent. I just had to bite the bullet and buy mine today. I have to do the printing, and I''m even nervous to do THAT!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
they look fantastic! Had you made a prototype before? Because I feel like I have seen them before.. You did a fantastic job. I wish I could do stuff like that myself.. It was a struggle for me to make my own programs and place cards!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Saturn- It was really important to be to give people information about Milwaukee (since so many of our guests have never been there). This way they can make a vacation out of it too.

Thanks ChargerGrrl.

Ellaila- You can''t really tell from the picture but there is a perf so it easly tears off. I had a local printer do that and it was under $20 for 200 sheets. I designed these in Indesign but you could easily do them in Illustrator or Quark. Postcards just seemed easier plus no envelopes to print and cheaper postcards. A few people have written messages on the back but you could add a design or photo if you wanted to get super creative. I just got lazy at that point.

TravelingGal- you are so sweet. Don''t worry about the printing. Use cheap paper to practice until you figure it out. I am sure they will be beautiful.

MelissaSue- I never posted a prototype but my STD (there is a thread on here somewhere) were VERY similar. They had our "logo", same font, same colors, but there was a blk & white magnet on them. I wanted the two to look similar. If I do programs I will use the same paper and make them front and back. Maybe add the vellum as well (I ordered LOTS of extras!)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
they are great! It is nice to give people a sense of what to do there...very considerate!

Hey, my anniversary is August 12th, will be 16 years this year...and my beloved middle son is 11 on July the 10th...too funny.

I think you did an amazing job and it really shows thought and creativity, different from the norm but so tasteful...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2006 2:02:23 AM
Author: diamondfan
they are great! It is nice to give people a sense of what to do there...very considerate!

Hey, my anniversary is August 12th, will be 16 years this year...and my beloved middle son is 11 on July the 10th...too funny.

I think you did an amazing job and it really shows thought and creativity, different from the norm but so tasteful...

I will take that as a good omen (that your marriage is going strong!) My parent''s anniversay is Aug 4th and they will be married 30+ years so Aug seems like a good month.
2.gif
I do tend to like things different from the norm (ex: sapphires in my e-ring) so I am glad our invites reflect this. I am just glad they are all printed and put together!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are amazing, Sarah! They''re great!!!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You did an awesome job, they look terrific. You must be thrilled with them!!!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Janis & Lisa! I am very happy with them (and mostly that they are done!) I love crossing things off the never ending to-do list.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, I''m a bit late, but they look fabulous!!!! Great work!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...great job Tacori
36.gif
They are fabulous
9.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Tacori,

I''m sorry I''m so late to respond, but just wanted to tell you that your invites look fabulous! They''re very chic & lovely & the grommet (is that what it is?) attaching the layers is so cool! You did a wonderful job--you''re such a talented lady! I''m super impressed.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2006 11:55:26 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Tacori,

I''m sorry I''m so late to respond, but just wanted to tell you that your invites look fabulous! They''re very chic & lovely & the grommet (is that what it is?) attaching the layers is so cool! You did a wonderful job--you''re such a talented lady! I''m super impressed.
36.gif

Never too late. Thanks so much. It is a grommet! Luckily my FI and one of my BM put all 200 invites together
27.gif
What a pain it must have been...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results