shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Setting Is Here!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ok, I got it this morning but haven''t been home to take pics till now. The center stone isn''t set yet so it looks pretty scary, but I promised pics so here they are!

Tell me what you think. I really like it, it may be a bit too nice for everyday...and I think it looks a little box-y on my finger. My FI wishes the sidestones were sparklier though. Heehee, he said ''if you have the bling it may as well be super blingy''...

30.gif

IMG_0376.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

IMG_03780000.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

htregbnn.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I am obviously a Tacori lover....I think it looks beautiful. Once your diamond is in there it will be a stunner.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shtacring2.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shtacring3.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
21.gif

shtacring4.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
4.gif

shtacring5.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
3.gif

shtacring7.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shtacring8.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

shtacring9.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
9.gif

shtacring10.jpg

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
This is it for now, some of them are pretty bad
14.gif
sorry, it''s late, I''m tired!

shtsacring6.jpg

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty, i cant wait to see your stone set in it, im sure its gonna look amazing!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think it''s a beautiful setting. baguettes won''t sparkle like some other shapes out there but I think once you have a center diamond in the setting the baguettes will compliment it nicely and not distract at all. love the cushion shaped halo too. is your cneter stone a round or a cushion?

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty Shimmer! Thank you for posting shots of the setting even if your stone is not yet set. It was interesting to get to see into the basket. Can''t wait to see the finished product
4.gif
2.gif

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks guys! I''m not entirely 100% on it though, it might be because it looks so fugly with a black hole in the middle?! My center stone is round, MrsSalvo. It is certainly the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen! There is one other ring that I can''t get off my mind, the Vatche slim x-prong pave. I love how low the diamond sits in it! This is so hard
14.gif

vatcheslimxprongpave1.jpg

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
shimmer, I think your new ring mounting is absolutely beautiful. It will come to life when the center stone is set.

I think your decision is really between the antiquey vintage look and the clean tailored lines of the contemporary Vatche.
Which do you really prefer? Modern or antique?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, it''s a gorgeous and classic setting and it will be just fantastic once your stone is set! I admit though, I have a bias towards Tacoris.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2008 11:58:19 PM
Author: shimmer
Thanks guys! I'm not entirely 100% on it though, it might be because it looks so fugly with a black hole in the middle?! My center stone is round, MrsSalvo. It is certainly the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen! There is one other ring that I can't get off my mind, the Vatche slim x-prong pave. I love how low the diamond sits in it! This is so hard
14.gif
I think this one would compliment your round more. Pretty setting. If you had a cushion, I'd vote for the Tacori.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous setting, I love the profile! The Vatche is beautiful as well...I can see where you are having a tough time choosing! Have you had a chance to try on the Vatche? They are such different looks...I am not sure which I would choose!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Hehehe, I love that you did a photo shoot of just the setting.
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both settings are lovely, but they are quite different. It doesn''t sound like you LOVE the Tacori setting to me. So I''ll remind you of MrsSalvo''s tag line:

"A deal is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you want."

And mine should be:

"When in doubt, don''t."

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2008 9:19:12 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Both settings are lovely, but they are quite different. It doesn''t sound like you LOVE the Tacori setting to me. So I''ll remind you of MrsSalvo''s tag line:

''A deal is only a deal if you are getting exactly what you want.''

And mine should be:

''When in doubt, don''t.''

Thanks diamondseeker. I have been wearing it a bit today and discovered that I do love it
30.gif
I am just scared that I''ll wreck it because I have never had anything *this* nice. I was drawn to the Vatche for practicality more than anything, not that it''s not gorgeous too (plus it has a little bling, I know the most practical is a solitaire).

Thanks everyone for all of your input.

So I have decided to throw caution into the wind! Turn a new leaf! I deserve a setting as gorgeous as me
9.gif
even if it does cause a little stress and worry every now and again...

Any advice on who to set this little sucker? I''ve read horror stories of local B&Ms (I don''t have a trusted one). Canuck-gal mentioned a few in Calgary she''s been to, or send it down to Whiteflash? Tacori???? Please help me out here!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy that you have decided you love the ring!

Is your diamond from WhiteFlash? It would be a little trouble and expense to send it back to them to set, but that is probably the safest bet. You''ll have to pay a setting fee to anyone who sets it, but I think WF would cover the stone while setting if they sold you the stone, which is an advantage.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/8/2008 11:36:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I am happy that you have decided you love the ring!

Is your diamond from WhiteFlash? It would be a little trouble and expense to send it back to them to set, but that is probably the safest bet. You''ll have to pay a setting fee to anyone who sets it, but I think WF would cover the stone while setting if they sold you the stone, which is an advantage.

It sure is from WF! Thanks, that is what I was thinking too, I just feel silly for sending it across border b/c of my trust issues... but I know they''ll do an impeccable job. The peace of mind is worth it in the end.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, have WF set it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diito Ellen''s sentiment. I''d send it back to Whiteflash for mounting. They are perfectionists! (which is a perfect fit for all of us PSers).

Did I miss the details on the w-band you''re going to wear with your new e-ring? Did Tacori have a matching or coordinating band?

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/9/2008 12:03:21 PM
Author: gemgirl
Diito Ellen''s sentiment. I''d send it back to Whiteflash for mounting. They are perfectionists! (which is a perfect fit for all of us PSers).

Did I miss the details on the w-band you''re going to wear with your new e-ring? Did Tacori have a matching or coordinating band?

Yes, I don''t think I would be satisfied with anyone else''s work on the ring
9.gif

For a wedding band, there is a matching one but I prefer a little different look, so I think I''ll go with a plain milgrained band AND a shared prong or pave half-eternity...I have a couple of options on my way right now
3.gif

Irishsparkles

Rough_Rock
I love your new setting. That setting was a close second to the Tacori setting I chose for my diamond. The head is the same but there are pave diamonds along both shoulders instead of baguettes. I think you will be very happy once your diamond is set. I absolutely love mine and people notice it and comment on it all the time. The little diamond halo around the diamond definitely makes the center stone look larger. I have changed my ring setting numerous times and I don''t think I''m going to change it again because I love this setting so much. I''m hoping someday to post mine if I can figure out how. I have a 2.67 K vs2 stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results