shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori replica?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Hi there, Just wondering if anyone has ever had a tacori replica made and if so, who they would recommend. I am looking at the RDMP 2623 and it is quite intricate, but would like to save some money by having a replica made. I remember reading somewhere that there were some legal issues regarding copyright... not too sure. Thanks!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
If you are looking to save $, do you have a local Bailey Banks Biddle?
They are going out of business and I was browsing in one last weekend. All their settings are half price. I recall seeing a Ritani, so you might check and see if they have anything you like.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are copyright issues with most of Tacori''s settings. honestly, they are so detailed that it would take a very skilled jeweler to replicate it and that person probably won''t do the copyright. Custom can be less expensive but in extremely detailed settings going custom could possible cost more than just buying the designer ring in the first place. The designer already has molds made and benchmen who make the settings day in and day out. With custom they will have to make it from scratch with adds to the labor/design cost. anyway, there are a few vendors here that do beautiful custom work so it wouldn''t hurt to email them a picture of what you want and see if they can make something similar and give you a quote. But, it won''t be exact and it''s up to you if you are okay with something close.

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Pink Tower, thanks for the suggestion, but I am in Canada, so I don''t have access to that particular store.

Mssalvo, thanks for the advice. I have met with a local designer, and they have assured me that they would be able to do the ring for less and to make it an exact replica. I have talked to them about my concerns regarding the detail of the ring and that if it isn''t exact, then I would rather pay the extra to have the setting from tacori and to purchase the center stone from them.

Anyway, thanks for the replies! I appreciate it.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh boy
just looked at that ring get the tacori, there is a ton of places for someone to mess it up trying to copy it even if it was legal.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 7:48:57 PM
Author: strmrdr
oh boy

just looked at that ring get the tacori, there is a ton of places for someone to mess it up trying to copy it even if it was legal.

I agree with Storm. If you are a very picky person and want it to look just like the Tacori, you will not be happy with a copy because there are some details that will never be the same as on the original (unless the jeweler had that Tacori setting and made a mold of it, which probably would be illegal).

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 7:48:57 PM
Author: strmrdr
oh boy

Ditto. It''s illegal and unless you work with the most skilled craftsman around it is very likely that it will end up pretty bad.

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
hi janey! my engagement ring is the 2623 and if you''ve seen it in person it''s a lot more intricate that the images on their website makes it look. it is on the pricey side, but you could save $1000 if you got the setting in white gold. and their designs are so beautiful and unique that i agree with the responses here, that a replica may have issues and you''d wind up paying the same or more for the replica versus getting the real thing. as a huge fan of tacori, i say it''s definitely worth the money. their designs are so unique and incorporate a lot of vintage/modern/classic styles. i hope you decide to get the setting, it''s absolutely gorgeous!

pinkelephant

Rough_Rock
Thanks Karl, Sara, Neatfreak and b.anna... I was/am very hesitant to leave this in the hands of someone other than tacori. However, this jeweler has made a replica of the Tiffany Legacy and the craftsmanship was excellent. I think though, that I will go take a look at it in person again. Thanks for the advice!
1.gif
I think I will also ask for some pics of some other Tacori replicas that they said they have made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results