shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori questions please help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

newguy12345

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am looking for some help. I purchased a Tacori ring for my soon to be wife. I just got it today and there seems to be some things about it I am not very happy with. It seems a little bit poor on the finish work. The ring itself is beautiful but I have a few issues. The first and main issue is the Prongs holding the center diamond are all a little different in thickness and shape. One of them is not centered on the edge of the diamond It hangs off the side of the diamond on one side.
Also on the top of one of the prongs there is a spot that looks slightly pitted. There are a few of these slight pit marks in a few other places on the ring. Nothing big but noticable when you look closely.
There are also triangle holes around the entire ring on the sides. These holes are not uniform. Some are big some are small. Some of them are not perfect triangle and you can see cut lines like when you cut a pumpkin to far on one side during halloween.
I know the hand engrave them so I am wondering if the none uniform holes are standered? There are also a few spots where you can see they engraved the ring but in doing so they slightly cut into the flat polished area of the ring where is should be smooth.
I purchased the ring from an authorized dealer and Tacori built it for them. I have not said anything to the dealer yet. I just want to know before I do if this is common with Tacori rings to have these things that are not uniform or if this is something I should have sent back to Tacori. I may be overreacting because this is a big purchase for me. Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks you so much for your help.

Chris

newguy12345

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Me again. I notice nobody has responded to my post. I am still in need of help with this situation. Any advice would be great. Thank You.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you want to hear from those who have had experience with Tacori, use the search feature. I just tried it and there is quite a bit of discussion that you might find helpful.

On a general note, hand engraved rings will not be perfect in every detail. I have some friends who find the imperfections in their hand built rings charming and think it contributes to the uniqueness of their pieces. However, if those imperfections you mention are bugging you, take the ring back and discuss your concerns with the dealer.

newguy12345

Rough_Rock
Anyone else have any advise for this post? Please help.

Thanks,
Chris

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I'm no expert on Tacori, but I have seen some of their work and have not been particularly impressed with the quality. Others swear by them, so I imagine there are good pieces out there.

Keep in mind that if you look closely enough at any setting, you'll see imperfections. If the imperfections are obvious and bother you, you could try having your dealer ask Tacori to fix it. The worst they could do is say no.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Well, you said you only wanted to hear from those w/Tacori experience but since no one is coming forward I have to speak up.
I am really upset to hear of your experience. Tacori rings are extremely expensive (overpriced in my opinion) and it should be PERFECT for what you paid! I would not settle for this. You should go to the dealer and show him all the areas of shotty workmanship that you described here and tell them that it is absolutely unacceptable to you. Do not let them give you the song and dance about it all being hand done, blah, blah, blah as for the price of Tacori, that is not acceptable. You can give them the option of making it right, or you could just say that you are EXTREMELY disappointed with the lack of quality and workmanship from Tacori and that you are appauled that they would command such a high ticket for such shotty work, and that you are done with Tacori and will see out a different mounting. At that point, if you want to work with the same dealer for another mounting, then ask that they remove your stone from the setting and look for something else. Or, demand your stone and your money be given to you right there and then. Whatever you do, don't leave the store without your stone, and if they won't give you your money back, take the mounting with you as well as your "collateral" in your case (at which point you will have to contact Tacori directly to re-make you the ring or to use in legal dispute). Sorry you have to go through this.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Superidealist -- I used to think the same as you that each ring will have its imperfections, but of late I don't agree with that sentiment. I have had many rings made over the years by different jewelers, and frankly the rings with imperfections are just a result of shotty workmanship or lack of skill (or both). I say this because I finally have a ring that is absolutely perfect. So, I will no longer "settle" for imperfections and either should anyone else, especially when we are talking about the pricing for Tacori (of which I have never been impressed with, either).

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing that is perfect is made by the hand of man. That you haven't seen the imperfections means only that you haven't looked closely enough.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Trust me... no one scrutinizes more than I. If they are there, they are not of the obvious variety as described in this thread in regards to the Tacori disappointment, nor are they of the type I have immediately focused upon when picking up custom work. Since you haven't seen it, you'll have to take my word! I think your point is valid in that on one hand, consumers should not have expectations that cannot be realized, yet for what mountings cost today I think that vendors need to rise to a higher standard -- don't you agree?

pauls girl

Shiny_Rock
Since I only own one Tacori ring, I can only speak for my experience with their work on this one piece. My ring is beautiful. I don't see anything less than perfect on it & I wouldn't have settled for anything less. The prongs are in perfect symmetry & not pitted in the least and the entire band is perfectly symmetrical - I examined closely after having read your post. I would recommend taking back to the jeweler to have Tacori address your issues. It is obviously bothering you, and let them know how disappointed you are with their work. I personally am thrilled with my ring, but like anybody making a product, mistakes can be made. Let us know what happens, and good luck
rolleyes.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I think it is great to know that Pauls Girl received a "perfect" mounting, and so it is possible for others to, as well. Tacori should just re-make your setting, period.

newguy12345

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your imput on this. I did decide to go ahead and take the ring back to the dealer and they were very helpful in getting the ring sent back to Tacori. They spoke with Tacori after it was returned and they are redoing the ring for me.
Just for the record other than this one issue I have nothing but good things to say about Tacori as a company. I think they make amazing designs that are worth every penny. They are handling this issue in a very professional and fast manner. Assuming the ring comes back looking like the model I looked at to purchase the ring I will be very happy. I will keep you posted when the ring gets back to me.

Thanks,
Chris

Superidealist

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad to hear that this issue is being resolved to your satisfaction.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Well, that was fast! Obviously your jeweler knows the definition of customer satisfaction, given that they immediately sent it out (apparently overnight express) to Tacori and already followed up on it. Sounds like your re-make is going to the top of their list. I'm sure it will be just right this time.

newguy12345

Rough_Rock
Hi all. Just giving you a final update on the Tacori ring I had sent back. I just got it back today and they did a beautiful job of fix it for me. It is amazing now just as I had hoped it would be.
Thank you all for your advise on this issue. You have been a great help.

Thanks,
Chris
wavey.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Chris,
SO very happy to hear that this had a great resolution!
Thanks for the update.

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I'm so glad to hear it. I can go through with my anticipated Tacori order (any day now...) with a clear mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results