shape
carat
color
clarity

tacori quality problem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

soccergirl

Rough_Rock
i bought a tacori engagement ring from michael c fina in new york. i live in texas. i bought a diamond in texas and mailed it to be mounted. the problem is i am now having problems with the ring. the side diamond has popped out (lost) and the ring mounting has a break in it in two places. the first break happened in the first month. now, this second break and diamond loss has happened 5 months later. what is the expectation i should have for fixing this from both the store who sold it to me and tacori?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Soccergirl, I would have been livid the first sign of a prblem with it! First, call Michael C. Fina and demand that you get a quality setting and that they replace the side lost stone. They are known for higher end items and luxury items, so they better make good. If that fizzels or they pass the buck, call Tacori (or they may). Either way, pursue from all angles, bear your teeth and gshow them that this is a fight them DO NOT want to have...

I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you...and especially when you should be most enjoying your engagement!!! Ooooh, I HATE poor workmanship!!!
angryfire.gif
angryfire.gif
Good luck!

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori is really good about standing behind their work, you should contact the store first since they sold you the ring and if they are not willing to take care of it, contact Tacori. If you have problems with that, contact us and we'll talk to our Tacori representative and try to sort things out for you, but we doubt it will come to that. It's kind of odd that the ring broke in two places, we're kind of wondering, did you send the diamond to Tacori to have it set or did the jeweler work off of a piece of existing stock and possibly size it or alter it for your needs? In which case, the problem lies with the work performed by the jeweler and not Tacori... We're just thinking out loud, trying to help you figure it out, that's all...

soccergirl

Rough_Rock
thank you. no resizing was done. i sent the diamond to the store to send to tacori to have set in the ring. at least that is what my expectation of what i paid for is. i am in quality at a manufacturing company and i know sometimes we get bad lots of product due to out of control processes. is it possible that the batch of platinum used for the ring was of poor quality? does this sort of thing happen?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Something's up, but without seeing the ring, we'd only be guessing. Let the store know that you are concerned with the quality of the ring and especially the longevity of the ring given the fact that you are experiencing such problems so early on... Tell them that you want the ring sent to Tacori and that you want Paul Tacori to personally inspect the ring upon receipt, we're sure that if the problem is due to anything done by Tacori that they will hand it, they have been very responsive to our needs and have exhibited a strong desire to fulfill our every need.

soccergirl

Rough_Rock
this is the jewelry store, michael c fina's in new york, response:

"Upon examining your ring, I have a few concerns. From our previous conversation, you mentioned one of the baskets from the side stone was broken. This subsequently, lead to the lost of the diamond. The damages to this ring are not from every day wear. There are several points that are damaged. Both baskets are broken. The shank is severely bent, especially the area around the bottom of the ring. This can only occur when excessive pressure is placed on the top of the center stone or at the very base of the ring. Some force placed against the ring has caused it to be misshapen, which puts an uneven amount of strain on the metal. We will send this ring back to Tacori for assessment. They can better determine the cause of how the ring was damaged. Most likely the shank, and the baskets has to be replaced. The hand engraving redone. As well as replacing the side stone. For the amount of work and material needed to restore your ring, I can not guarantee that there won't be a repair fee attached. We will do everything within our power to rectify this matter."

I can promise you that the ring has not been exposed to anything other than normal wear and tear. What should I do?

Jolie

Rough_Rock
Did you take pictures of the ring? If you have pictures of the problem, can you get an independent person (jeweler) to support your position that it's a workmanship problem, not damage that you caused?

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
Let's see what Tacori has to say about it when they evaluate it...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results