shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Koala w/band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Well, the band that goes with the Koala is way too much in my opinion, but wanted to get your great opinions too. Plus since my knuckle is so large, getting the two over it, and once over the knuckle, since the thickness of both the ering and band are the same, it is really tight and uncomfortable. I went and tried on a thinner band with the Koala and wanted to know if you think it looks better. I can always wear the band from Tacori on it''s own, and buy a thinner band to go with the e-ring. Anyway, it feels so much more comfortable with a thinner band. But, im thinking of getting a Tacori one, maybe no diamonds on the band, and thinner, maybe one with the same antique engraving. What do you think looks better, the thinner band with the koala ering or the koala matching band with the ering, even though its uncomfortable. I can''t go larger, because it will spin.
Thanks for you help. Again.
Here is the koala matching band and e-ring (uncomfortable due to thickness)

new 048.jpg

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Here is the thinner sample band, it''s by simon G, but im thinking of getting one by Tacori

new 043.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I''m confused Carolyn. Do you already have both of these bands? I like the matching band and I think it would be a shame to not wear the "set" if you have it.

I like the thin one with it too. I think it would great with a thin one on each side, but then you are getting into the thicker width again.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Hi Patti, thanks for replying. I didn''t buy the thinner one yet, just took a picture of it in the store.
It''s more comfortable. Im just thinking of ordering a thinner one with I wear the e-ring
so it''s more comfortable.

So, in your opinion it''s better to wear the thicker one, or two thin ones, not just one thin one.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I too like the thinner band, I have a 2.9mm width eternity e-ring and a matching eternity wedding ring made in a very similar style to that, but only 2.3mm width, I didn''t want another almost 3mm band, it looked like too much when I had them both on in the store. So far I love the fact that I got a thinner w-ring band....I actually really like the look of the 2 rings only, and think that getting a 3rd ring for the other side is fun too but I plan to do that later, not right now...because once you do that, your e-ring stone starts to look smaller due to the spread of it distributing evenly across the 3 bands...you really should have something that overlaps BOTH the corresponding bands or else it makes your e-ring stone look smaller than it is. I saw this in the store when I tried it on and the salesgal agreed that was typical. So my plan is to get an upgrade to a bigger stone at some point and then get the 3rd band for a later anniversary. I''m not in any huge rush...I tend to like the 2 ring look so far.

If you want to see my pictures, I posted my ring set over in the SMTR forum under the ''show me your wedding sets'' thread, I also put one of the set on my hand so you can somewhat see what I am talking about.

Good luck!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Personally, I like the thinner band and it looks more comfortable. I would wear the thicker band on my other hand or on my left if I was not wearing the e-ring. All of them are beautiful.
1.gif

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
I did go take a look at your ring Mara, and it is just like i want, the band alittle thinner.
Now my problem is if I should order from Tacori or someone else.
The Rosebud seems to have a band that goes with the Koala, but the
band for the Rosebud is thinner. I could order it, or try and find it in a jewelry store
that fits me, or just get this Simon G one. The only problem with this Simon G
one is that it sits alittle lower than the e-ring, it''s not as tall, probably due to the
band missing the engraving that the Tacori one has.
In your opinion, should I just buy this Simon G one since it fits good, or should
I try and find one that sits higher as yours does Mara.

NyssaLynne

Shiny_Rock
I like them both. If you like the thinner one, then get it. You can''t really tell they aren''t a matched set. And you can''t tell just for looking at the picture that the engraving is absent. But if you want the engraving then I would stick with Tacori and try to find something thinner with matched engraving.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
I know that Laney has the Rosebud, and it appears like the
band is thinner than the e-ring. I hope Laney sees this
message and hope that she can tell me if it is. Then i could
order the one she has, it seems the same as mine, but thinner.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Carolyn--

is there any way you can have your jeweler make your rings slightly larger? Tacori is making both my rings a 1/2 size larger by some filing and polishing on the inside and they say I wont even know that something was done by looking at the rings. That way you could keep your thicker bands and that they would be more comfortable. If it spins then I believe you can add sizing bumps, which according to my jeweler help decrease spinning but you can still get it over your knuclkle (correct me anyone if i am wrong)

I''m a stickler for the matching set and also the thicker bands since as you know I customized my rosebud to have the koala thickness, but I dont see anything wrong with mixing and matching bands. If you decide on the thinner band, I would probably stick with the rosebud band versus another brand since the scallopping is so similar.

keep us posted!
2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I would go with the thinner band by Tacori; I think if you go with a band from a different designer that doesn''t exactly match up in height or design, etc., it will bother you FOREVER!
I like the fact of having a band that is thinner; when the bands are the same width, and they are both of considerable width to begin with, it really makes for quite a lot on one finger, IMO. I love the direction you are going in, just make sure it is a band from Tacori or I think you will regret it.
Mara, I so agree with your perspective in that having all these bands stacked on the finger that end up dwarfing the center stone ruins the whole look. The center stone just gets so overwhelmed. That is why these narrow pave'' bands are so great -- they really go with most every style and don''t take away but rather just add to the look.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
Hi, thanks for your comments. See the post above, I did find a Tacori and I found the exact match, but thinner, but in my opinion, it still wasn''t thin enough, that is why i picked this one, it is still by tacori, just not the exact match. The height seems pretty good to me.
Tell me what you think
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results