shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Knockoff

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poigirl

Rough_Rock
My fiance tried so hard in finding me the perfect engagement ring, but now I''m worried he may have gotten taken for a ride. He purchased a Tacori ring from an authorized dealer. The problem? There are no markings on the ring. No TACORI or no PLAT. Could this be true? The appraisal form from the jeweler says Tacori and platinum. I don''t want to talk to my fiance about this until I know more. He''ll be devasted. Thanks for any help.

diamond island

Rough_Rock
I just bought a Tacori E-ring and band. Both stamped TACORI and PLAT (in capital letters). I would be highly suspicous you got a knock off no matter what your dealer says. I would approach another Tacori dealer in your area or call another dealer in another area and have them ask Tacori to see if they really made your ring. They have this on record. My suspicion is you got a knock off and your jeweler is going to be in real trouble. Or your fiance decided to buy the knock off without you knowing (ie: asked the jeweler to make the knockoff). So I would take to you fiance before doing anything else.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
It could have been buffed out during sizing ? Lets hope for the best.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2005 2:52:48 PM
Author: Feydakin
If the authorized dealer is making knockoffs and passing them off as genuine,this would be a 'Bad Thing' (tm)

Actually, I think the trademark for that belongs to the authors of 1066 and All That.

Deb

PS-Please let us know what happens with the ring!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2005 10:18:59 PM
Author: Feydakin
Actually it's a long running joke in tech circles.. The (tm) doesn't neccessarily mean 'my' (tm), just part of the joke..

We seem to be talking at cross purposes :). On Usenet, also, the (tm) is a joke. I was referring to the idea of something being a Bad Thing. Because the book "1066 and All That" repeatedly calls events and people by that appellation. An example:

"James I slobbered at the mouth and had favourites; he was thus a Bad King,"

and

"The French Revolution caused great loss of life, liberty, fraternity, etc., and was, of course, a Good Thing, since the French were rather degenerate at the time....".

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
on billbarnes.com "tacori faq", it says that all tacori rings are stamped with 'tacori' and 'plat' on the inside. both my tacori rings are stamped. i would definitely ask your FI about it. what concerns me is that they stated on the appraisal that it is a tacori and if it is not, then that is fraud and your jeweler is in big trouble! perhaps it was a stock tacori ring that your jeweler had (like for displays?)and didnt have any markings? im sorry you have to go through this. let is know what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results