shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SBurns0210

Rough_Rock
I have had my heart set on the Tacori 2576 setting. My fiance and I went to our local jewelers who told me that Tacori frowns on upgrading the diamond because each ring is customized to meet the stone. There is no possibility to upgrade in the future without replacing the setting too? If we can afford a 1/2 carat right now but some day I want 1.5 carat I''m out of luck? I''m just checking to see if anyone else has run into that issue before.

They suggested Tacori 30033000RD65 because the prongs that hold the diamond are on a pin that sets into the setting. It makes it easier to remove and replace at a later date.
http://www.tacori.com/mm5/multi_view.php?styleNo=30033000RD65

Can I tell my jeweler that I want the first setting with the smaller stone and just upgrade it anyways in the future?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks for the help.

2576PR65_alt.jpg

SBurns0210

Rough_Rock
ps. I searched the threads but didn''t see anything that gave me the answer to my issue. If there is a post that I missed feel free to direct me there.

Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The other one they suggested certainly seems like it would be better if you wanted to upgrade.

I've seen some mangled up jobs where good bench jewelers try their best to fit in a stone where the size just doesn't really work, and then the client is unhappy.

And, ultimately, it's up to Tacori's policies.

SBurns0210

Rough_Rock
Thanks! They''re a reputable jeweler so I''m pretty sure they''re not lying to me but I''m just disappointed. I just never considered that upgrading would be an issue. Actually they paired an emerald cut with the alternate setting and it was quite striking.

Another possibility is to go with a larger solitaire and a more simple band. Upgrade the band to a Tacori at a latter date.

I''m just a brat...I want what I want
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/3/2009 12:18:49 AM
Author: JulieN
The other one they suggested certainly seems like it would be better if you wanted to upgrade.

I''ve seen some mangled up jobs where good bench jewelers try their best to fit in a stone where the size just doesn''t really work, and then the client is unhappy.

And, ultimately, it''s up to Tacori''s policies.
Ditto

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I think that you would run into this issue with most settings, not just Tacori. Many people choose to have their setting re-worked to fit in a bigger stone and like it was said above some just look terrible and really are not made for that. A lot of people choose to keep their original setting and put a gemstone in it and go for a new setting all together. Unless you are planning to upgrade in the next few years, what are the chances that you''ll have your eye on a new setting when you are ready to upgrade? I know I would, not because I don''t love my setting, but it would be a nice change.

I have a Tacori setting and I love it however, if the option were a larger stone and a simpler setting vs. a nicer setting I would have gone with the larger stone and upgraded the setting at a later date.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard this. I agree it depends on the setting. Halos, for example, would not be easily altered to fit a larger stone no matter what brand they are. If you LOVE the design on the first one I probably would pull the trigger. But I''m a risk taker
2.gif
Good luck!

Corno

Rough_Rock
As a custom design goldsmith I immediately recognize your problem. To accommodate a larger stone the existing head will have to be replaced. As the new head is of different proportions and the shank design and head size are integral there is no option but to get a new setting. Imagine a circle, now remove a section of that circle and try to fit a larger section in the same space. Tacori is being honest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results