shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori from Dems--Jubilee from GOG Purchases

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

silver98m3

Rough_Rock
I''ve posted on here a couple of times, mostly pertaining to the Tacori ring I was looking at-ht 2258 which I think is the panda, maybe the koala. I''ve spent countless hours reading and researching different topics, so I''m grateful to all who have contributed.

In any case, I finally went ahead with my first purchase of an engagment ring, and it had better be my last because it was exhausting, expensive, and I''m quite fond of the girl who received the ring, so me getting anotehr e-ring would most likely mean our seperation--not an endearing thought. I started by looking at rounds and princesses, the standard among diamonds. I had a strong preference for the square shape over the round, and while there was a bit more sparkle to the rounds, I was willing to sacrifice this at first thought to get the square cut.

I then shifted towards quare cut radiants because they were a little different, and it was possible to find some of those with depths in the 60% range that looked pretty good. Via the pricescope engine I found a couple that fit the bill and had them shipped to me to look at. Wow, were they dull, at least compared to a solid round. Also, this was my first time seeing stones outside of shops were the flourescent lighting makes even the duds look killer. This caused me to rethink things, and go back to the drawing board.

Doing some more reading and researching led me to the new cuts such as Hearts of Fire square, queen of hearts, and eventually the jubilee. After digesting everything, dealing with good old gold for the diamond seemed like a smart move, especially when going the online route. I called a few times to inquire about specific stones and was helped promptly and courteously everytime. I ended up with an H, SI2 1.29 jubilee that cost me about $1k less than a 1.84 radiant H, SI1. I''m very glad I went the Jubilee route, and have truly developed an appreciation for things outside of size. I will also say that the color, although H, is very white. I only on a couple of occasions have seen any trace of yellow color, and it was very minute, and I was looking for it. Everyone who sees the stone thinks its a VS and an F. While if I really stare at it up close and spend some time looking for the inclusions from the side they become visible, I really don''t think anybody could possible notice unless they took the ring off of her finger, held it to their eye, and stared intently for a good 30 seconds to a minute. And only a sharp eye even then would be able to spot anything. In short, if I ever make another big diamond purchase, I''ll start with GOG, and I''ll be looking at H, SI1-Si2 diamonds for value and beauty.

As for the ring itself, I spend hours looking in stores thoughout San Diego, and countless hours online scouring the web for ideas and pictures. The ring that, in my mind, nothing else compared to was the Tacori Ht-2258. That was the ring I had to have (for her). The only issue I had with the ring was that the sidestones were a little smaller than i would have liked at .10 cts each, but outside of that it was perfect in every way. Diamonds enveloped the entire band, and all sides of the shank. The scalloping unique to Tacori is also very attractive. I was not buying the ring based on the name, but rather the look.

From a post on here I read about http://www.demsjewelers.com having good prices on Tacori and excellent service. So I wrote Steve at Dems an email and was pleasantly schocked to see the price quoted on that band. He was the only jeweler who took into consideration her small ring size of 3.5, and discounted the price based on that. Based on his price, and the great reviews of his service I went with him. I also asked about getting the side stones upgraded to .2 or .25 cts each. He came back quickly with an added cost if I wanted to go with the larger sidestones and i went with the .20''s at a reasonable additional cost. Actually, the price of the ring ended up being less than every other quote I got even with the .20''s. The most amazing part is that even with this outstanding price I still got incredible service. He was thourough in checking in on the ring, and making sure it would be delivered by the date needed. Steve also did an appraisal for free.

If you are in the market for a ring, and especially a Tacori ring, it is mandatory that you check in with Steve at dems. I also highly recommend Good Old Gold as they were also great to work with.

Oh yeah, as for pics, I''m working on them. I thought my camera was good at macros, but apparently it isn''t because I can''t get a decent pic of the ring. I will get some, but it''s tough to seperate my special lady friend from that ring. It might just be she loves the ring more than me.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results