shape
carat
color
clarity

? Tacori E-ring HELP : )

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

swtcam

Rough_Rock
: ) I fell in
I thought maybe it''s like that, but the color was off as well. Half of the ring was lighter than the other half. So I asked to see the other Tacori rings they have on display to compare. I came to find out that the TACORI stamped inside the ring I was about to pay for was quite different from my comparison to the other rings. The background was dark and the letters were close together, I asked and they said it got dirty from resizing it for me, they said the same thing about the scratch. And the other rings were one color! Unlike the one on my finger. Also when I compared it to a ring almost identical in style, it just wasn''t right, something was off.

After looking hard and comparing, it made me not want to buy the ring anymore. They were not happy with that because they had already resized it for me and I don''t think they''d let me walk out of there! They told me I''d have to pay $100 for them to send it back to TACORI to get it resized again. But hello?!?! After finding out some info. they were not suppose to of resized it, they''re suppose to send it to Tacori to do the resizing for me in the first place.

Problem is my dearest made a deposit of $300 for them to order me a new one. But what if I''m still unhappy? I''m not sure we''ll be able to get our deposit back. I''m nervous because I''m scared they aren''t selling me a genuine Tacori ring. Like maybe they made one exactly like it to sell? I told the store mananger that she''ll have to show me proof that they did indeed place an order for me by showing me the reciept later and she of course said no because it''d show how much she paid for it. I asked her to black it out or cover the portion. She agreed while giving the sales lady a smile. I kinda feel like a fool!! I''m waiting for the ring, they said they''ll call once it comes. Hmm, but are they honest sellers? The store has a 20year reputation. Am I over-reacting about this all? I looked the store up and they are listed on the Tacori site under where to buy.
7.gif

TIA! any suggestions, or help is greatly appreciated!

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
if they resized it for you, i''m not at all suprised that the tacori stamp inside had letters that were close together. the stamp was made when it was it''s original size and when they made it smaller the letters would have pushed together. so i think there''s an explanation for that.

in terms of the scratch - again, i''m not shocked as the setting is white gold and white gold can scratch. platinum - which is a harder metal than white gold - can even scratch. it sounds like the setting was in the case for people to try on, so maybe it got scratched when someone was handling it. or maybe it was purchased by someone else who changed their mind and returned it after scratching it. or maybe it''s available for purchase at this price b/c it was ordered for someone else, came in with a scratch, amd they didn''t accept that one. so the jeweler is selling it at a discount.

my general impression of the tacori experience i had was that you don''t buy them out of the case. it was ordered for me. even though they had the style i wanted in the case at the store to try on. and it sounds like they gave a deal on the ring - probably also b/c it came out of the case or the history of the setting.

i can''t really explain the multi-collored effect. but they told you it was dirty. did you have them clean it off? metal does get discolored and white gold needs to be replated over time. so that could explain it.

i really doubt an authorized tacori dealer is trying to sell a fake tacori setting to you and definitely not knowingly. there''s reasonable explanations for what you saw and the bottom line is that the way you should get a tacori is by special/custom order (as you have done with the new setting you ordered). i think you will be very happy with that result. i''m not impressed by the fact that they tried to get you to buy a setting out of the case - it should be ordered from Tacori. so it seems like they were trying to move the merchandise by offering it "as is" without ordering the setting and you therefore got a good price on it and a not so good setting initially after it was altered.

hopefully they are giving you the same price on the ordered setting as they did for the one in the case. $1150 is a steal for a Tacori, IMO. and then you can relax and enjoy your new setting
1.gif

wortheverypenny

Rough_Rock
i''m with you. i tend to notice my surroundings a little more than others and when i get that untrusting "feeling" i just want to back out. what i would do is call someone(if at all possible) at Tacori about how the process should be and maybe they can call the store if they feel like somthing "fishy" is going on. And/Or speak with the manager at that store.

First Tacori should tell you how it SHOULD be handled. Second you should speak to the manager about his/her employees and how they made you feel. He/She will/should be appreciative of you helping what could be a future problem with another customer and/or he/she will make sure you are taken care of.

I always go to managment when I am uncomfortable with something. It''s not like I am playing whiny custumer or anything on purpose but when it is THIS important and it''s more than a $10 purchase you need to cover your gound.

Hope that helps. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!! :)

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 5:10:54 AM
Author:swtcam
: ) I fell in <3 with a TACORI e-ring. It''s style # is 2586RD, I tried searching for it on their website but it says no products found. It''s white-gold when I tried the ring on at the jewelery store. It''s $1150, I was about to purchase until they resize it for me. When the saleslady handed the ring to the other saleslady for me to try on she gave her a look that made me suspicious. I noticed a scratch on the bottom of the ring and it bothered me a lot! (are there fake Tacori rings?)

I have never heard of a jeweler re-sizing an instock ring for you prior to purchase unless it was a custom piece being designed for you. Also I am not familiar with Tacori pricing- could you share what this ring looks like- is there a lot of pave work or a lot of side stones? Do you feel you are getting a discount because it was a "floor model" if you will?

I thought maybe it''s like that, but the color was off as well. Half of the ring was lighter than the other half. So I asked to see the other Tacori rings they have on display to compare. I came to find out that the TACORI stamped inside the ring I was about to pay for was quite different from my comparison to the other rings. The background was dark and the letters were close together, I asked and they said it got dirty from resizing it for me, they said the same thing about the scratch. And the other rings were one color! Unlike the one on my finger. Also when I compared it to a ring almost identical in style, it just wasn''t right, something was off.

As already mentioned, the color could be because it''s white gold, not platinum- are you sure that the rings you were comparing it to were also white gold and not platinum? The color change could have occurred could have occurred while the ring was being re-sized, but they should have polished out the scratch and re-plated it.
I wouldn''t worry about the stamp- it could be from re-sizing and it also could be that Tacori has changed their stamp. Lots of designers change the style of their stamp ever so slightly every couple years. Perhaps your ring is a style they are no longer producing?

I don''t know the details of your setting or what type of stone you are going to be putting in it, but I think that $1150 for a Tacori setting sounds low. So long as they can buff out the scratch and dip the ring to make it look new I don''t see what the issue would be here- they should be able to make the ring look like new, with the exception of the stamp on the inside (which no one can see but you!)

swtcam

Rough_Rock

I went to another Tacori authorize seller. I spoke to the very helpful sales person. He looked up the model # for me and it was listed and confirmed to me that it does retail $1150 for white gold, platinum is higher but I don't remember how much. He couldn't find a picture for me to be sure its the same ring. He did tell me that the procedures previously at the other jewelery store was not followed correctly by Tacori standards, he said Tacori is very strict about handling their rings.

I don't know a lot about the style of this particular ring, I just know that I
I'm not good at describing this Tacori setting, but its a single solitaire with pave set diamonds I think? That goes halfway around the ring. It's has four prongs.

I'm def. having 2nd thoughts, my mom told me she thinks I should of went for platinum instead because white-gold fades with time. *sigh* I don't know what to do now!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me just quickly say that 18k white gold is not softer than platinum. In most cases it is harder. My jeweler told me they had had a lot of problems with some of the Tacori platinum rings with pave falling out, prong tips being flattened, etc. because it is soft (95%plat). My tendency would be to recommend trying the 18k gold. Yes, it will have to be rhodium plated from time to time if you want to keep the shiny white appearance. It sounds like they should have re-rhodium plated it after sizing it and did not.

I have also been to a jeweler who was selling Tacori settings right out of the case. This could happen when a particular style is discontinued or when the jeweler has decided to no longer carry the line and is selling the settings they have in stock. I was considering doing that until I heard about the problems with platinum in the style I was looking at.

I think it is the right thing to get the setting ordered in the correct size directly from Tacori. It is really unlikely that an authorized Tacori dealer would be selling you a fake ring.

swtcam

Rough_Rock
It sounds like they should have re-rhodium plated it after sizing it and did not.

They resized it for me and asked me to try it on right away and that's when I noticed all the mentioned above.

I have also been to a jeweler who was selling Tacori settings right out of the case. This could happen when a particular style is discontinued or when the jeweler has decided to no longer carry the line and is selling the settings they have in stock. I was considering doing that until I heard about the problems with platinum in the style I was looking at.

The lady there told me this is a new style that just came to their store! But when going to another jewelery store to verify things, the style # was listed and he said its been there for quite some time already. So if this setting has been discontinued can it still be ordered from Tacori?

I think it is the right thing to get the setting ordered in the correct size directly from Tacori. It is really unlikely that an authorized Tacori dealer would be selling you a fake ring.

I'm having a change of heart, the deposit on the reciept says nonrefundable.
39.gif
My dear and I deposited $300 for this ring at $1150. After they sized it I was not feeling the ring and I didn't want it anymore! But they were charging us $100 because they sized and would have to send it back to Tacori. (weren't they suppose to of in the beginning?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results