shape
carat
color
clarity

Tacori 2620, having trouble deciding!

sjay184

Rough_Rock
I haven't completely decided what I want, but I have been given the warning order from my boyfriend (who is now deployed to Afghanistan) that I need to decide. We are not too traditional, so I will be heavily involved in the process.

Here is what I am interested in:

-Tacori #2620 -- I don't think I want diamonds on the shank...but not completely sold on that yet.
-Can't decide between white, rose or yellow gold. I really wish I could personally see the setting in yellow/rose gold. Too bad they don't have these colors in their sample settings!
-COLOR: G-H color...I am mostly concerned with avoiding having the center stone looking more yelllow than the halo or diamonds on the shank, should I opt for that design.
-CLARITY: VS2-SI2. I would be very happy with SI2 if it was basically eyeclean.
-SHAPE: Round or Cushion
-CARAT: Around 1.3-1.7 carats
-CUT: Very Good to Excellent
-BUDGET: 10K total (setting and diamond), if over 2K it isn't the end of the world.
Here is a video of the cushion with 2620 (diamonds on the shank).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMB6pJ_Tv0o

I was blown away by this one, but really wish I could see something like this in person and with round/cushion instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lKKURtE_PI

I love how the diamonds contrast with the rose gold. Those claw prongs (is that what they are called) also look great.

I am in touch with GOG -- hopefully they will respond Tuesday.

Any thoughts? Comments? Suggestions?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome! That is a gorgeous setting and will make a beautiful ring! I'll have to say that I would prefer that ring in white gold. During my 30+ years of being married I have seen the trends come and go, and I actually changed my original yellow gold rings to platinum because I knew that white metals looked best on me, and I think white metals really are the most neutral setting for diamonds. I love yellow and rose gold and hope to have some pieces of both (I already have special yellow gold pieces), but I still like white gold (or platinum) for my basic, everyday pieces of jewelry. I have a sister who is blonde and wear all yellow gold, and it looks good on her. But I honestly think antique Tacori styles look best in white metal. Tacori is an expensive setting, though, so you need to concentrate on the lower end of your diamond size range to have a G-H diamond that will fit in your budget.

Oh, and excellent cut needs to be #1 priority! That is what will make your ring outstanding!

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the link!

I noticed GOG's selection seemed a bit small...can they search for more options based on specs I provide? We are okay with going up to around 9000 for the diamond.

Yellow and red gold aren't trendy to me. My family is from another country where that has always been standard. :D I am glad people are finally seeing the light! ;-) I don't think I could choose those colors without actually trying it on first though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By trendy I just meant going in and out of style in the US! But you should choose the color that looks best on you and that works best in your culture and with your other jewelry.

Yes, Good Old Gold is wonderful and will be able to call in other stones for you to look at!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think tacoris look spectacular in yellow gold based on this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-gog-av-oec-round-3.137676/ Not the same setting, but it gives you an idea. I would choose the metal that matches your style and other jewelry.

GOG has lots of diamonds it can access. And they carry Tacori, so it is a good option for you. That setting is *very*expensive, though, I think it is around $4000. If so, you will not get over the 1.5ct mark with your budget. In fact, in a G/H color over 1.5ct you are looking at a price of around $15k+ for the diamond alone if you want a top cut stone (which I would always recommend). So you need to think a little more about what you want and be realistic about your budget and what it can get you.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi sjay! i actually just got a quote from GOG a couple of weeks ago on the 2620. without the pave on the shank it was 3090 in platinum, and 2k even in white gold. that was for a stock finger size and for a diamond measuring 6.3 - 6.8mm. i also tried it on at a B&M near me, both the version with the pave down the sides and without. both were in white gold. i thought for sure i preferred the plain shank but i discovered instead that i preferred the one with pave on the shank on my hand. it was even prettier with the matching band! :wink2:

sjay184

Rough_Rock
2620 is ~2500 without pave and ~3000 with pave.

I too wanted without pave, but now I am not so sure! Gah!

Thanks for making my first thread enjoyable. I will report back after I hear from GOG on Tuesday!

sjay184

Rough_Rock
Wow, that yellow gold Tacori link was great -- thanks for sharing!

Most of my jewelery is 18K yellow gold or above...but i am still open to rose or white gold. I just wish I could try that color on with a Tacori setting. Too bad.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results