shape
carat
color
clarity

Table Size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TheKid

Rough_Rock
All - Question on Table Size for PRINCESS or RADIANT cuts. According to the Tutorial, a Table should not be more than 65% for a dimond over 1/2 ct. A 2A class PRINCESS should not be more than 72%... I keep being shown diamonds with Tables in the high 70s (77, 78, 79). How rare is it to find a 1.75 Princess in the low 70s? If I go with one in the high 70s, where would I see the biggest loss? Fire? Radiance?

Thanks!
MICHAEL

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'd advise you to wait until you have scientific data on what the effect will be of larger tables. I think the smaller table size works better, but few stones are cut that way because of economics, not looks...

You have little dispersion in princess cuts. Even less when the crown height is low and the table is broad. Brilliancy is good with the deep pavilion, shallow crown and table size does not make much difference. Scintillation is limited in princess compared to rounds.

Radiants have more scintillation and a bit more dispersion, but not much different in brilliancy.. Maybe even less soemtimes.

There is no perfect fancy shape cut...Not yet, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results