shape
carat
color
clarity

table % questionable?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kitten520

Rough_Rock
I''ve been reading alot of the posts in this forum and really have come to respect the opinions of the people here. I was hoping to hear thoughts on this diamond I''ve been looking at. It seems the table is a little big but I''m no expert.

1.56 carat round brilliant
7.53 - 7.49 x 4.60 mm
Depth 61.2%
Table 61%
Crown Height 13%
Pavillion depth 45%
Girdle - thin faceted
Polish - good
Symmetry - very good
Culet - none
EGL VS1 H
notes: "premium cut - the proportions of this diamond are within the tolerance of those of the premium cut, thus achieving a harmonius balance between proportions and the display of brilliance"

sounds like double talk to me, and when I checked out the Holloway Cut Adviser this stone didn''t rate very well. Thoughts, anyone?

Chase035

Shiny_Rock
Table is a bit big, I''d try to keep it at or below 58 and preferably between 55-57. It''d help to know the crown and pavillion angles, as they lead to a slightly more accurate HCA score. Crown seems a bit shallow. Not a big EGL fan. GIA or AGS for me.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You would probably find this is a diamond which is a compromise from the finest cut, but one which still looks very nice. It might fit your budget better than some others, but one must be forewarned about the accuracy of the color/clarity on some reports. An EGL graded diamond can be a bargain on occasion. Other times, it can be a somewhat problematic situation which confuses the consumer.

Define the needs of the person you want this diamond for. Do they appreciate cut quality or would they like the diamond to look a bit larger in diameter by slightly sacrificing the top end of cut quality? Would they be happy if the color of H actually is I or J and/or if the clarity is VS2 so long as the VALUE was still excellent, or are they deeply committed to H-VS1 as minimally acceptable grades? Once you know how the person feels on these points and how you feel about them, too, you begin the process to work on a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results