shape
carat
color
clarity

table/depth on a cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, all you cushion experts, is this a dud?

4.03ct
G
VS1
70.1 Depth
56 Table
10.44 x 8.33 x 5.84
no culet
no fl.

The table and depth is my concern. I am clueless. I know -you have to see it. But would this even be worth asking about.? My cushion hunt is not doing so well.

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Ann- Can''t the seller provide any kind of photo to at least give you the idea of the personality?

I am sorry you''re having a hard time finding one, but not surprised.
It''s tough to find 4 carat G colors these days- of course that certainly does NOT mean people should buy a stone they don''t love- whatayagonna do?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Offering you some way to see the stone (picture) sounds like due dilligence fromthe seller's part - if this is online. And I hope there is a return policy.

Otherwise, those numbers don't tell much to me (they might to others, of course): neither is unusual at all. How the stone looks is yet another matter.

I could start guessing that small table also means high crown which might mean more fire and an oldish look an that 70% depth is abit much but not unusual and that the size is this orthat compared to others (this you can check against 4 caraters of any grades and numbers - those around here go from 9.5 x 8.5mm to 10.5 x 9.5mm, so yours gets a healthy medium)... and start asking about the girdle profile and finish grades... But what's the use ? You still have to see it. And an appraisal or some other sort of expert opinion based on sufficient facts can only help, numbers off GIA cert may not be deemed sufficient, IMO.

Oh well...

Of course this sounds great - looking up what promisses to be a beautiful large diamond ! I can't wait to hear your impression after seeing it.
2.gif

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SINCE THERE ARE A WIDE SELECTION OF DIFFERENT CUSHIONS MAKES (FACET ARRANGEMENTS), ITS HARD TO TELL YOU IF THIS SPECIFIC CUSHION IS A BEAUTIFUL ONE OR NOT.

AS FAR AS THE DEPHT AND TABLE %, ITS IN THE CORRECT RANGE OF A BEAUTIFULL CUSHION.

YOU SHOULD SEE THE STONE BEFORE PURCHASING IT.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results