shape
carat
color
clarity

T3 blowdryers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I think I came across an old thread on this a while back but I figured I''d just start a new one. My sweet fiance got me the blowdryer recently along with the T3 hair straightener bc I was telling him benefits I''ve researched on the T3 technology and bc this one shopper at Sephora saw me glancing at it and raved to me how much it has changed her hair. I already had a Chi straightener but I''m really lazy and actually do not use straighteners very often-- once a month I''d say but I''ve always liked my Chi but the fiance did not know that and just went ahead and bought me a new one along with the blowdryer.

Well, the point of my post is that I LOVE the hair dryer-- it is the T3 Evolution (which has more speeds than the regular but not too different I don''t think) and I don''t even NEED either straightener anymore really. So I already have relatively straight hair but when I air dry it gets somewhat wavy but not in a good way and just somewhat unkempt so I air dry on weekends but always blowdry during the work week or evenings out on weekends. I have thick hair that usually takes forever to blow dry so that''s another reason why the fiance thought it might be worth the money if I can sleep a bit more in the mornings.
9.gif

It paid off bc I''ve used it for a few weeks now and it really cuts down my blowdrying time (which I was counting on) but I didn''t realize that it would actually help my hair fall into place more and it''s just straighter and smoother in a way that only the pros can get it when I get my hair done at the salon.

this probably sounds like an ad but it just really worked out so I wanted to share with you guys who have been so helpful. I imagine it''ll be dif. for dif. people and hair types but I''ve had a good experience. I actually wouldn''t recommend the T3 straightener though-- bc the dryer has worked so well I feel like the straightener is somewhat redundant now and doesn''t really work too much better than the Chi if I really still want to use a straightener. It''s the wet to dry straightener but I''m also not too comfortable putting that thing on my hair unless it''s practically dry -- mental thing I guess.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really, really need a good blowdryer and DH has been asking what I want for Christmas...how much is this thing? I have very long, straight, fine hair (but lots of it), that looks best when blown out. However, I don''t have a lot of time in the morning before work to blow out my hair to its best look, shall we say, lol. Can you get this hair dryer at Ulta, or a salon? Let us know...I will definitely make the suggestion to DH as he is looking for something to buy me for Christmas, hee hee... even if he doesn''t end up getting me that I would gladly go out and buy it on my own knowing that it could tame this hair of mine and make it look a bit better than my current crap-a$% blow dryer is doing!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got it from Sephora along with the flat iron. The total was 500.00 for both. I honestly haven''t tried it yet, in the winter I usually get a blow out three times a week. I have long thick hair and cannot wrangle it easily, and I work out three times a week and my hair gets ruined. If I wash it I have the choice to go out with wet hair (not fun in 20 degree weather) or sleep with it wet, and then it looks horrible in the morning. I want to try the dryer and see if it works, and the iron is for wet or dry hair which might be good too. Also I got the thing at the drugstore that holds the dryer on the counter and lets you have both hands to style with, this should shorten the time since I will not have to keep sectioning my hair and putting the dryer down. I am anxious to see how it is too...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got it from Sephora along with the flat iron. The total was 500.00 for both. I honestly haven''t tried it yet, in the winter I usually get a blow out three times a week. I have long thick hair and cannot wrangle it easily, and I work out three times a week and my hair gets ruined. If I wash it I have the choice to go out with wet hair (not fun in 20 degree weather) or sleep with it wet, and then it looks horrible in the morning. I want to try the dryer and see if it works, and the iron is for wet or dry hair which might be good too. Also I got the thing at the drugstore that holds the dryer on the counter and lets you have both hands to style with, this should shorten the time since I will not have to keep sectioning my hair and putting the dryer down. I am anxious to see how it is too...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think i said this in another thread but my stylist who uses a T3 and a chi told me not to bother buying the T3...she said it's not better than any other dryer, it doesn't dry it faster (in fact her dryer seems take like 3x as long to dry my hair as my home dryer does..i hate waiting for her to dry my hair) and it doesn't protect it any better. and they sell them there at the salon too so she could have taken the opp to sell me one. she told me, keep my dryer that i have (a hot tools one) and get the chi straightener, which is what i did. and i've been really happy. so my experience for those who may not want to spend the $500 for both is to spend on the flat iron and not the dryer.

the other thing is if you do get a chi or a T3...do not get them at a retail store. i got my chi online for like $90 where in stores they are like $160.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I will NOT be telling DH to buy me a hair dryer! god forbid he ends up spending $500 on hair appliances for me when I can just get them online for myself with a little reserach for way cheaper....thanks again mara for helping me add to the "bling" fund, lol!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may return my stuff now that I am hearing this, I read a bit on Sephora and thought it was worth a shot, but frankly I am so lazy about my hair because it is long and curly and if I am not careful it frizzes. My hair dresser is so good at it and does my hair in 30 minutes, it would take me over an hour and then it would look like crap anyway and my shoulders and arm would ache...maybe I was getting a bit too ambitious?!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I want a T3 too! MUA has good reviews on it, they also mentioned the Revlon Ionic Tourmaline is also good.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''ve been looking at the T3 for a long time now tempted to buy it but never did. i really dislike the ionic dryer i have now and want to replace it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF can you try it and if it doesn''t really work out, return it? i''m not sure what sephora''s policy is. and who knows maybe you will love it.

but yeah that is what the stylist said because i really needed a new dryer and i was like well i see you use the T3. and the vibe i got was that she just used it because they were supposed to. personally i love'' hot tools'' brand dryers as i had my previous one for like 7 years before it died! and they are only about $60. so i can get behind that kinda spend and they dry my hair fast and i have super thick hair. hehee. the T3 was definitely more of an investment.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I bought a tourmaline ionic at Nordstrom Rack for $35. I think the retail price was $100. I love it! It''s MUCH faster than my old conair that I kept dropping until it broke, but it''s also heavier. I wouldn''t have spent $250 on it, but for $35, I''m happy. I''m sure it doesn''t have as many features, but it does good things to my hair.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I just got the slightly cheaper T3, the featherweight, I think it was $200 and I used the Sephora friends and family coupon for 20% off (sorry expired). I love it! I hate drying my hair but my hairdresser said that wearing wet hair in a ponytail causes more breakage (I do this all the time) and that an ionic hairdresser would be the best. He didn''t say to get a T3 but hairdryers last years for me so I figured I''d go with that brand. He did say not to get a Conair b/c they''re too cheaply made in his opinion.

The air comes out of the dryer not as hot and when you rub your fingers together you feel moisture or softness - hard to explain. It definitely takes me less time to dry my hair and my hair looks shinier. I had someone already compliment me on how shiny & healthy my hair looked the other day after I used it (I NEVER have gotten that compliment before - and the complimentor is hot for my fiance so that was surprising anyway). I have thick, long straight hair. I don''t think I''m getting more volume but I love the dryer.

Sephora has a great return policy, you just send the items back, they pay for shipping both ways. I''m always a little wary of buying electronics on the cheap - just in case they''re defective or something. It makes me a little nervous. Anyways I highly recommend it.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had a Hot Tools Ionic which worked OK but what really bothered me was that it was really noisy! I currently have a Conair Ionic that works just as good but is not as noisy.

For those that use the T3, is it noisy?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
Hey all,

I''ve been swamped at work so am just now getting a chance to check in! I''m just sharing my personal experience with the dryer -- so I can''t vouch for others nor totally refute what Mara''s hairdresser said but my personal experience is that it definitely has shortened my hair drying time.

I previously had an ionic Revlon dryer that was working fine as a regular blowdryer and is still usable but after trying out the T3 one, I''m def. never going back. It is expensive so I don''t necessarily recommend for people to just go out and buy one necessarily but IF you might want to try it out, I thought my review would be helpful.

I have thick hair that is longish (past my shoulders but not anywhere to my elbow or anything) and it usually takes a while to dry my hair so I almost never blowdry it completely dry bc it would take way too long (30min+) but I now blowdry my hair COMPLETELY (I kept note of the time this morning) for around 15 minutes and it''s weird but my hair has just stayed shinier and fallen into place the way only a professional blowout can do it. I haven''t changed up my products so I know that''s not why. I use exactly one product with both dryers and it''s just a dab of some Paul Mitchell gloss stuff that I squirt on my hand and dab on my ends. My hair was still frizzy with that stuff using the old dryer but not this one.

Oh and it is def. quieter than the old one. My fiance says that''s the one thing he''s noticed using my new dryer. His hair takes all of 2 minutes to dry so he can''t tell if it''s cut short his time at all =).

I also agree with winternight-- my hair is def. shinier and healthier looking but I have only been using it for a few weeks so I''m not sure if that will be consistent.

HTH!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
" I''m always a little wary of buying electronics on the cheap - just in case they''re defective or something. It makes me a little nervous."

I actually bought it from Amazon I think..and it came in 2 days and was almost 1/2 price over retail and with full return policy and warranty...so you can get great NEW items online without paying retail as well. I hardly ever pay retail for ANYTHING thanks to the internet!!

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
^^^
I should clarify that I was thinking specifically of Ebay here. Amazon is reputable, although they do sell through other vendors sometimes. You got a great deal! I thought mine was good at 20% off.

Can''t say I''ve noticed it being noisy - its probably quieter than my last dryer, but that was soooo cheap.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
My hairdresser uses a Chi on my hair and I love the way it feels afterwards. She thinks it is worth the $$. I bought one for my daughter''s upcoming BD, so we will see if she likes it.

Wish I had read this thread beforehand, I like Mara''s idea of buying online. Dumb me, I just march into Ulta and plunk down 159.00 for the sucker.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2006 10:35:42 AM
Author: luckyhonu
I want a T3 too! MUA has good reviews on it, they also mentioned the Revlon Ionic Tourmaline is also good.
I read this too, so I actually bought it and it works really well and is very lightweight! And Good Housekeeping did some testing and found that the Revlon actually was the same if not better than the T3! My $25 was well spent IMO!

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
i got the t3 featherweight with sephora f&f, its worked much better than expected. it definately dries faster, as I have never before had the patience to wait till all my hair was dry. I love it. Was disappointed when I saw it in Chicago this weekend for $99!!!!!!!!!!!! But at least I still got a deal!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Rascal49 - I need to go listen how loud the Revlon Ionic Tourmaline is compared to the T3, where did you get yours?

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 12:23:07 AM
Rascal49 - I need to go listen how loud the Revlon Ionic Tourmaline is compared to the T3, where did you get yours?
I found mine at Target and have seen it at Walmart and Bed Bath and Beyond.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rascal! I'm going to look for it at Target.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, methinks I should just tell Dh to get the Revlon Tourmaline dryer! When he asked me for Christmas ideas last week I gave him about 10 ideas and I think he started to get overwhelmed, especially when I told him a good blowdryer would cost $100 or so...
9.gif
I had a few other things on the list that were kind of expensive and I can''t decide if I want to give up something else to get the T3 instead, lol! Especially since the Revlon you guys are talking about would probably do the same job!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I have the T3 hairdryer and love it. I bought it online. My hairdresser tells me its the best one you can buy. My hair is thick and curly and I don''t dry it completely, I leave it a bit damp when I''m done and it drys it super fast and does not leave it frizzy (I have to use product though in it).

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 3:32:29 PM
Thanks Rascal! I''m going to look for it at Target.
No problem, let me know what you think
1.gif

elle

Shiny_Rock
I returned the T3 travel dryer that I got at Sephora''s sale. Just couldn''t justify the $150ish (I think) price tag.
Maybe cos it was smaller thus not as powerful but it didn''t dry any faster, my hair didn''t look any better and it wasn''t any less quiet than my current conair tourmaline dryer!

That Revlon sounds great - have to check that out!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I think I started the old Tourmaline thread!

Anyway, I bought both the T3 travel dryer and the lightweight and LOVE them! I have thick wavy hair that I blow out. The T3 doesn''t cause it to frizz, and I no longer have to use an iron.

Note that I didn''t pay full retail for them. The travel dryer was purchased on sale at Sephora, and the lightwieght through ebay.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I just got my T3 featherweight and I LOVE it. I am not sure how much faster it dries my hair but my hair is more manageable and my arm feels like it has died and gone to heaven.

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I finally got my hands on the Revlon Tourmaline dryer at Target. I had to return it because it was way too loud for me. The Conair I have is really quiet, so I am going to check out the T3 soon. I wonder if it''s available at Ulta?

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure if Ulta sells it but you can always buy it online from Sephora.com or as others mentioned, off of Ebay. I''m still thrilled with it just as an update I guess and esp. with the cold weather, it helps that it dries my hair faster bc I hate being up early in the mornings even more in the winter.

hope everyone has a fun and safe new year''s!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results