shape
carat
color
clarity

Symmetry and polish

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blo

Rough_Rock
Hi i''m really new to this... so bear with me if the question is newbieish
But how important is symmetry and polish on an ideal cut diamond?

thanks

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2010 7:11:38 AM
Author:blo
Hi i'm really new to this... so bear with me if the question is newbieish
But how important is symmetry and polish on an ideal cut diamond?

thanks
Hi blo and welcome!

Firstly be wary of the term Ideal Cut especially if this term has been used by a vendor, this is no guarantee of a well cut diamond. Symmetry and polish are normally found to be of high standards with a top cut hearts and arrows diamond for example as a byproduct of craftmanship and attention to detail and it is of importance to the buyer who wants the complete package or close to it - top cut, top optical and physical symmetry, highest polish grade, best optical performance ( sparkle) and so on. AGS labs highest grades for symmetry and polish is Ideal, GIA excellent.

It is said the naked untrained eye cannot normally tell the difference between good/ very good for symmetry and polish, read more from the Pricescope tutorial concerning symmetry and polish.

blo

Rough_Rock
Thanks Lorelei! That really helps!
I think i''m going to stick with H&A... i feel safer :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/9/2010 9:27:37 AM
Author: blo
Thanks Lorelei! That really helps!
I think i''m going to stick with H&A... i feel safer :)
You are welcome blo!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
+1 to Lorelei''s excellent answer!

blo- I would advise looking at actual diamonds to make sure you like the patterns created in H&A diamonds.
Believe it or not, a fair amount of diamond lovers don''t like the patterns.
Therefore it might not be wise to spend more for a diamond that shows these patterns.......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results