shape
carat
color
clarity

SweetPea''s Wedding Stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Well, with the date nearing, I figured it''s time to put together one of those wedding stuff threads that I love following when others have them!!! Thank you to everyone here for helping me out with the details and for all your wonderful ideas and support!

Order of activities for the day:

8:45: Arrive at the hair salon with my bridesmaids, get our hair done
11:00 : (or before) head back to the hotel to get makeup done -- a friend is completing asthetician school soon and has experience doing wedding makeup already and is doing our makeup for free in exchange for a copy of some professional pics for her portfolio! Then get dresses on, etc.
3pm: leave the hotel for the church
4-5pm: wedding ceremony!!!
6-midnight: reception!!!

Ceremony Details:
Wedding ceremony is a 50-minute Melkite-Catholic wedding ceremony (Fi and I were both baptized in this church) where most of the ceremony is chanted and includes a crowning ceremony and the walk around the altar, etc.

Reception Details:
Apps: Roasted veggies, cheese & crackers, fruit and international bread display with flavored butters in atrium (beautiful glassed in cathedral ceiling''ed room adjacent to the ballroom)
Dinner: Escarole soup, caesar salad, choice of prime rib or chicken cordon bleu then apple crisp
After dessert: plated wedding cake in atrium along with cookies and coffee and chocolate dipped strawberries (my mom''s addition, I was fine with just the cake)

Cake: Our wedding cake will be from Montilios and will be dark chocolate infused with raspberry. Shape will be box-like in a cream/ivory color with red satin ribbons around each tier and a buttercream bow at the top.

Linens: the table cloths will be ivory with an ivory lace overlay over each. The chaircovers are ivory as well and will have a red satin sash around them.

Toasting Flutes: Our toasting flutes are from the UMass Amherst campus shop and say "UMass Amherst" on them (FI and I both went and met there)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My Dress: (Casablanca 1827 champagne color with ivory lace)

shrunkenmewedding1.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
the back...(again pre-alterations)

shrunkenmeback2.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Earrings (same as JCrow''s)

earringsyay.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
SP, I went to Umass Amherst too! How funny, the stuff you learn here...

Anyway, I am jeaaaaalous of your timeline. Ours starts at the same time, but our ceremony is at noon. Yikes!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Veil..(1 tier ivory with scalloped edges with rhinestones and a teardrop shaped beading at the top of each scallop

veilonbear.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Closeup of the deatail on the veil...my camera stinks at photographing anything sparkly...

closeupdetailveilonbear.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Headband/tiara (may swap earrings for something smaller until reception since I will take the veil off then if I feel like I''m too blinged out)

headbannddd.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My wedding band! 11 stones from signed pieces, g-h color VS quality and .76 ctw ( I don''t have a photo of FI''s , he has a dark grey titanium band though)

myringbling.jpg

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
i love your dress!
and i''m also jealous of your timeline,
i start around the same time, but leaving my house at 12:15
yikes.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Bridesmaids dresses (black with champagne sash, not ivory) by Bill Levkoff. Bridesmaids gifts are black clutches by Jessica McCilntok, a compact mirror and lipgloss inside the clutch.

bmdresssfront.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
everything looks beautiful! i''m sure it will all tie together like a dream! my ceremony is at 11:30 AM so i definitely don''t have much time in the morning! and what a great deal getting your makeup for just some pics! what do your BM dresses look like?

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
annnnnd the back...

bmbackkk.png

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol, i spoke to soon! they look really cute & i love the length!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
My bouquet idea below...bm''s will have ivory roses sprinkled with irridescent dust

bouqqq.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 11:21:39 PM
Author: Asscherhalo_lover
lol, i spoke to soon! they look really cute & i love the length!
haha I know, I''m slow with the uploading : )

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
the ceremony site: (the inside is beautiful, dark woods and lots of icons and paintings and of course stained glass). We''re having a classical guitarist and flautist (sp) and the bm''s will walk down the aisle to Ave Maria and then I''ll walk to Pachabel''s Cannon...

ceremonysite.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Reception site...the lit up part here is the atrium, where the appetizers are served, guest book is, etc...

nighttower.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Inside the reception hall -- atrium...we're going to scatter red rose petals in here and use the bm bouquets as decoration...things get changed around in here throughout the night so I didn't want any large floral arrangements, and my day-of coordinator said they'd just be in the way

adjatrium.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Adjacent ballroom (the mural is coming down and the DJ will be front and center) we''re not going to do a head table, we''re going to sit with our MOH, her date, our BM and his date

roompic1.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
basic cake shape...but all boxes and red ribbon around each tier (my mom picked the cake out)

similarcake.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Centerpieces will be a dozen red roses in square vase with 4 votives surrounding them, similar to this photo. The roses will have some stemmed crystals (next pic) inserted to add some sparkle.

centeridea22.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkle...I told the florist only a few per centerpiece so it doesn''t look too much -- when the dinner''s over, we''re going to light the candles (or whichever havent been lit by guests...) and dim the lights so there will be a little sparkling and reflecting

flwoerbling.jpg

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I think that''s pretty much it! We''re doing our first dance to "Little Wonders" by Rob Thomas and our "grand enterance" haha to "Start Me up"

That''s it for now! I''ll update this thread if anything else pops up!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 11:12:23 PM
Author: neatfreak
SP, I went to Umass Amherst too! How funny, the stuff you learn here...

Anyway, I am jeaaaaalous of your timeline. Ours starts at the same time, but our ceremony is at noon. Yikes!
Yeah, we did get lucky timeline wise -- our church does Saturday mass at 9am in the fall, so we had our pick of times for the day.

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 11:17:41 PM
Author: labbielove
i love your dress!
yikes.
Hi Labbie! Aren''t you a casablanca bride too, or am I thinking of someone else?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 11:37:42 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*

i love your dress!

yikes.

Hi Labbie! Aren''t you a casablanca bride too, or am I thinking of someone else?

I''m a Casablanca bride too SP. I can''t remember if Labbie is or not...

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yeah -- I forgot shoes haha...

shoesfilm.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
that didn''t come out so well. ..

shhhhoes.png

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/2/2007 11:41:30 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 9/2/2007 11:37:42 PM
Author: *~Sweetpea~*

i love your dress!

yikes.

I''m a Casablanca bride too SP. I can''t remember if Labbie is or not...
Which dress do you have??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results