color
clarity

Sweet or savory?

Sweet or Savory?

• 1. Sweet all the way.

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • 2. Savory is where it's at.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 3. I think I am a bit of both leaning towards the sweet.

Votes: 4 11.1%
  • 4. I think I am a bit of both leaning towards savory.

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • 5. Both equally. Give it all to me please. :)

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • 6. Neither. I don't enjoy food and I just eat to live. :(

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No big surprise from me. I got sweet. :bigsmile:

You got: Sweet Food!
sweetfood.jpg

What about you? Sweet or Savory?
Honestly I am both but lean towards sweet by just a little bit. I love food in general what can I say?

I created a poll fyi. I chose #3. I love it all but the sweet edges it out by just a bit.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Even before I took the test (just had breakfast so I was OK), I knew I would be a savoury person!

When I am stressed or needed a snack, I usually go for salty ones rather than sweet ones.

When I go out to eat, I would ask to see the dessert menu first, to see if there is something that I really like, such as anything with treacle or ice creams/sorbets that I like.

This way, I can decide whether to have 2 starters and make room for a dessert, or have a starter and a main, and have some ice creams or sorbets afterwards (I always have room for ice creams and sorbets).

I discovered bacon seasonings that are plant-based and suitable for vegans, and they are great on popcorns!

I love salted popcorns with lashings of butter sauce (real or otherwise) and always go to the cinemas whenever I am in North America.

And I cannot live without bacon.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I only voted sweet for 2 items: crêpes with chocolate/Nutella, and French toasts with syrup and butter.

I even voted for salted caramel icecream!

I would have crispy bacon with the latter though, and it is one of my favourite breakfast when I go camping.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore all food. As long as it's not meat because I don't eat animals but for fish. No judgment here just a fact. I used to be only a sweets person but now I am enjoying savory food as well. I started adding sea salt to my popcorn (I was deficient in sodium believe it or not as I was eschewing it for high blood pressure until I realized I was lacking sodium in my diet). So now I enjoy both sweet and savory. Very much. As I wrote I love food. Does that make me a glutton? IDK but if it does I am OK with that. :)

lovefood.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was confirmed as a Type 2 Diabetic mid last year, I was not completely devastated by the news, as I was having symptoms already like numbness in the extremities.

So I cut down on sugary drinks like a can of fat Coke at lunch during weekdays, and started to reduce the amount of sugar in my one and only cup of coffee in the morning (used to be 4 teaspoonsful, now down to just one).

It was not that hard to cut down on sugary things as I did not eat much in the first place.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was confirmed as a Type 2 Diabetic mid last year, I was not completely devastated by the news, as I was having symptoms already like numbness in the extremities.

So I cut down on sugary drinks like a can of fat Coke at lunch during weekdays, and started to reduce the amount of sugar in my one and only cup of coffee in the morning (used to be 4 teaspoonsful, now down to just one).

It was not that hard to cut down on sugary things as I did not eat much in the first place.

I’m glad you have it well controlled. When I was younger I ate sugar like it was going out of style. This was a few decades ago. I couldn’t get enough. I loved sugar. I ate a roll of mentos waiting for the subway in the morning onto my way to work. It was that bad. Anyway I went cold turkey when I realized omg too much sugar. So I started consuming more healthful foods and stayed away from anything that had added/extra sugar. Sure I still enjoyed fruit and other food with naturally occurring sugar. But I added no sugar and I eschewed all processed food. I did it. The first few weeks were challenging but then it was like I never had a sugar addiction. Now in moderation. Though I’m certain the ice cream we enjoy at our favorite shoppe has more sugar than I need it’s ok. I know I’m consuming way less sugar than I used to. And we all do what we have to in order to live a good quality life.

Stay well @dk168.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks, and stay well yourself!

I don't like synthetic substitutes for fat and sugar, and would rather eat less of the proper stuff than to eat the alternatives.

Although I am controlled sugar level wise, my cholesterol levels are on the high side, which is one of the downside of being a Type 2, as I was fine beforehand.

I tried to cut down on the amount of butter, double cream, cheeses etc., however, that is very hard! I just have to be mindful about this, and eat them in moderation.

DK :confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, thanks, and stay well yourself!

I don't like synthetic substitutes for fat and sugar, and would rather eat less of the proper stuff than to eat the alternatives.

Although I am controlled sugar level wise, my cholesterol levels are on the high side, which is one of the downside of being a Type 2, as I was fine beforehand.

I tried to cut down on the amount of butter, double cream, cheeses etc., however, that is very hard! I just have to be mindful about this, and eat them in moderation.

DK :confused2:

I feel you. Since we’re talking food I’ll share my challenges. I’m eating an autoimmune diet. Meaning no dairy. That’s the hardest challenge for me. No soy that’s no biggie. No added sugar, no gluten (I miss gluten lol),etc. here’s the list FYI. I’ve added back some nuts and beans and vegan chocolate. And waiting to see if I can tolerate it.

AIP Elimination List:

• Nuts and Seeds • Coffee • Chocolate • Seed-Based Spices (like cumin, peppercorns) • All nightshades (peppers, paprika, tomato, potato, eggplant) • Beans (even green beans) • Grains (all grains, even white rice) • Gluten • Sugar and artificial sweeteners • Eggs • Dairy (including ghee and butter)

As I wrote above dairy is what I miss most. Cheese. But I miss real bread too. And pizza. But there’s so many other yummmy foods to eat I’m not suffering. At all. One day at a time.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, I feel for you!

I definitely cannot embark on such a diet myself, shan't even try!

Need food now, off to make some savoury popcorns with bacon seasoning that I mentioned earlier! :lol-2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Answering before the quiz. I love sweets!! Chocolate is my favorite food group!! Off to take the quiz now!!

ETA results @missy . Sweets, though many items in the quiz I don’t care for. 4FAF314B-2A31-42AE-9685-AD8D1D982702.png

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I am savory all the way.....garlic bread......potato salad.........bacon........Brie & French bread......now I'm hungry:mrgreen2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am savory all the way.....garlic bread......potato salad.........bacon........Brie & French bread......now I'm hungry:mrgreen2:

Haha me too. Just reading your list. :lickout:
:bigsmile:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Savoury I think but I love love love dessert!!!!

It's really hard for me as I can't do one without the other really!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am finding the last 3-4 lb that I would like to lose difficult to shift, and decided to walk the dog more from today onwards.

I should have walked him more since the lockdown restriction of just one walk a day was lifted back in May 2020.

The mutt seemed to be pleased.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I have an equal opportunity lack of self-control, so whether it's sweet or savory, count me in!!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a terrible sweet tooth!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eating dessert after dinner is my downfall, and I always look forward to it.
But I gave it up at the end of August and I have already lost 4 lbs.
We'll see how long I can keep this up!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet all the way.
Still, when the quiz made me choose between fries and cookies all I could think was BOTH, DAMN IT!!! :mrgreen:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet all the way.
Still, when the quiz made me choose between fries and cookies all I could think was BOTH, DAMN IT!!! :mrgreen:

Hahaha same!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best solution ever is to order one of each and then split with DH so I don't have to choose :lickout:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No surprise, the quiz shows I prefer savory foods. But I do like some sweets, sometimes.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both, I wouldn’t chose one over the other.

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
Definitely sweet.
Savory is just OK. Even potato chips don’t me tempt me very much, unless they're barbecue

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results