shape
carat
color
clarity

Sweet Lemon Drop Project

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Here is the GIA report to the tiny .51 fancy yellow pear shape stone http://www.gia.edu/otmm_wcs_int/proxy-pdf/?ReportNumber=2175929504&url=https://myapps.gia.edu/RptChkClient/reportClient.do?ReportNumber=86BAD0DADFCAF63E37598D978653F1A4
Always wanted a fancy yellow pendant. I like tiny delicate pendants so this may fit the bill. I want it halo by pink microwave diamonds on a medium thick rose gold chain.

Please help me source this to someone who wont charge me a fortune. The stone will cost $1200 but the first quote I got for the setting is $3800.000 please help

Do I bezel it first I want it to look like Martin Katz diamond studs so the pave stones look flush to the pear. Need your guidance

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
wow 178 people looked not one person can help :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Heidi! This sounds like the start of a beautiful pendant! I think it may be helpful for you to post your inspiration pics or what you may be envisioning. I know you've worked with IDJ in the past so that's one thought, or maybe David at Diamond by Lauren comes to mind for fancy color diamonds/melee. The bezel would be nice if you want to add a bit more size to the pendant, which I'm not sure if you do since you said you like delicate.

Natural pink diamond melee are VERY expensive so I wouldn't be surprised if the quotes you get are over budget. Maybe consider light pink sapphire melee instead?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Heidi, and thanks for the mention ac117 :angel:

Some things about making jewelry are counter-intuitive.
For example, a super thin halo cost a lot more to make than a beefy halo.
If we're setting 1.2mm diamonds, it's just much easier than setting .9mm diamonds- the labor requires a far more skilled (expensive) setter.

I've also found that with pear shapes, it's much harder to find a "stock" part- so we end up custom making the settings for pear shapes- which costs.
If a very close fit is not all that important to you, maybe you can find a stock setting, and that might be less costly as well...
But in general- when you save money on the setting, it will show......sorry:)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you contacted Diamonds by Lauren? They do a lot of yellow stones with pink halos that you can find if you search their site for "pink lemonade." I don't know if they set outside stones though. You also might want to consider that if you don't want to shell out for more intense pink melee, whether you would be happy with white melee diamonds in rose gold, or as ac117 said, pink sapphires.

http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.php?search%5Bterms%5D=%22pink+lemonade%22&search%5Bmode%5D=any

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Rock Diamond I was going to call your when ready. Think that the $3800 quote was not far off if I wanted to use pink pave melee. I don't think I want it beveled. I love the last pendant "singular sensation" prongs with pave. I want a rose gold (yellow behind pear (22 K maybe).. with the pink stones.

If my budget were half that what closer to $1500 what would you suggest.

Pinto bean yes the singular sensation is close to what I want. I've wanted pink diamonds and rose gold for so long.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HI Heidi,
When trying to assess a quote, there's quite a large number of variables for shoppers to consider.
Take the part I wrote about above- quality of labor. You will find places to make a piece for $500 ( considering only materials and labor, no stones)
Making that same piece in a higher quality cast shop might be $1000.
Hand forged shops can range from $1200-$2k++

Then we have the pink diamonds. Consumers can find diamonds that might be described as pink for $2k per carat- but truly fine fancy pink diamonds are going to cost more like $5k per carat.
So- add these together and you might have a realistic range from $750- $4k

Hope this helps!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
yes this does help. Right now I have a $1500 budget. So I have to compromise. Would you even set an outside stone. This is a pendant of mine that my mother left me . It was probably hand forged in the 70's . This is exactly what I DON"T want but it is sentimental. So I do so understand the workman ship and that is important.

img_13890.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results