shape
carat
color
clarity

swallowed up in spess settings

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
I am completely confuzzled as to how to set my 7mm antique round spessartite. :???: (I did post on the CS setting help thread a while back, but I didn't have the gem in hand yet.)

It is much more tangerine IRL than in Doug's photos and absolutely gorgeous. Bright, bright, bright. :appl: I cannot take a decent gem photo to save my life, so I am no help there. However, I know I want it set in white gold. That's a start, right? :oops: I tend to be drawn to vintage style settings but am TRULY OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS.

I appreciate your feedback. I feel like I am asking for directions without knowing my destination.

~ faegrace

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I completely understand your position faegrace.... I too am lost in the world of settings right now.

I think you're on the right track knowing your gold preference and at least setting style. Do you prefer simpler styles without diamonds OR with diamonds? That's an important one for sure because it will help narrow your options.

With a round 7mm stone, that's a nice size for sure so if you don't want to have a lot of diamonds, it will stand on its own nicely. If you like vintage settings, you can look for some filigree solitaire styles from antique jewelry mall.. ?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
K9LVR ~

Thank you for the response and your empathy. I am thinking about something like this, but as Michael E. suggested, orienting the prongs with the halo's natural design (N-S;E-W). Wishing both of us luck on our setting journeys....

~ faegrace

art%20deco%20ring.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
VL ~

Thank you for the link. Chrono's ring is truly beautiful. I have a difficult time navigating any specific search on PS. I type in the key word or words and nada. :???: So, I doubly appreciate the link!

~ faegrace

K9

Brilliant_Rock
I really like that setting - it's very lovely. And, I like the idea on the prong orientation. :))

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
faegrace|1302052931|2888795 said:
K9LVR ~

Thank you for the response and your empathy. I am thinking about something like this, but as Michael E. suggested, orienting the prongs with the halo's natural design (N-S;E-W). Wishing both of us luck on our setting journeys....

~ faegrace

art%20deco%20ring.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting. it's so Deco!!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
K9LVR and TL ~

Thanks; I like it too. I really am a vintage girl at heart, so this kind of reproduction draws me in. Do you think it is too specialized?

Kitty ~

Your ring really shows off Doug's amazing cutting skill! So pretty.

~ faegrace

K9

Brilliant_Rock
faegrace|1302055178|2888841 said:
K9LVR and TL ~

Thanks; I like it too. I really am a vintage girl at heart, so this kind of reproduction draws me in. Do you think it is too specialized?

~ faegrace

I think it's fantastic! If you like it and it's in your budget, I'm not sure why you'd waver. I don't find it too specialized at all - it's unique and I think would work really well with a fantastic spess.

Do you have a profile shot of the setting?

Did I miss? Are there no pictures of your stone??

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that setting a lot to Fae-if that's the one calling you, go for it!

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
K9LVR ~

No, you didn't miss anything; I cannot take gem photos worth a scrap! I posted Doug's pics but the color is pretty off (at least on my monitor). I got profile, etc. shots. There are some things I would change, in addition to the prong orientation. I think I will eventually have Michael busy for a while. LOL Thank you for your comments. ;-)

art%20deco%20spess%20idea%20profile.jpg

deco%20shoulders.jpg

deco%20undercarriage.jpg

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
packrat ~

Thank you. I remain unsure but the spess is too yummy to sit in a box the rest of its life, or mine! I am also working on finding the right setting for my JW aqua, but I think that will prove easier.

~ faegrace

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results