shape
carat
color
clarity

Suspension settings really help with color??? truth or rumor

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AudiOn19s

Rough_Rock
I was told by a friend that a suspension setting will help disguise the color of ths stone. Now this friend is by no means an expert but just went through the purchasing process and likes to tell me how much he learned in the process.

Whatever setting I come up with will be platinum and from my findings color is pretty important on the stone when you''re dealing with platinum...but can a suspension setting really make the color less yellow?

The stone that I''m looking to purchase will be 1.2-1.3 carat and I''d like to go with a G color but it''s making things really tight budget wise, can I put a H color stone in a platinum ring and feel confident that it will not look yellow?

Thanks for any help...I''ve been lurking here for some time but this is my first post.

Andy

jenntheten

Rough_Rock
My H colored stone looks fine in platinum......and it was graded by EGL.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, a suspension setting is basically like a tension setting. In my mind, that would actually accentuate a warmer stone, since even if it faces-up white if there's yellow to be seen it would be more apparent from the side.

However, I don't think you have anything to worry about, with whatever setting you choose, with a H color. An accurately graded H color will be white to most people--from top or sides.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results