shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Wedding!

MarlonN

Rough_Rock
I think you have a point there, Gypsy. A lot of ladies would really appreciate a mate who would be more hands-on when it came to the actual planning and taking care of all the details for the wedding.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Proposal and surprise wedding?
Sure, why not?
Its not like this is the only wedding she'll ever have in her life, right? :doh:

Look, you're not sure about how you're going to propose.
What makes you think that you know what's important to her concerning your wedding; a day to celebration your love with family and friends. Perhaps involving a location or little details that mean something special to you and/or her.

Even if a woman 'thinks' she knows what she would like, she might find out she actually loves something different.

My daughter wanted a fitted wedding dress. When we went dress shopping, she picked out two fitted dresses to try on and, thankfully, a ballroom style that one of her bridesmaids saw and convinced her to try. She put on the ballroom style dress first and when she came out of the fitting room, I gasped. Literally. It took my breath away. She was beaming and clearly in love with the dress. It was as if the dress had been designed specifically for her, capturing her personality perfectly. I convinced her to try the other two dresses just so she wouldn't wonder down the road how they would have looked. She agreed but couldn't stop looking in the mirror while wearing the first dress. I laughed and said 'You don't want to take the dress off, do you?'. It was funny and wonderful. She did try the other two dresses, but there was no question that they didn't come close to the first dress.

When shopping for gifts for your lady, do you ever think 'I wonder if she'd like this?'?
Imagine its the only gift you'll ever give her.

Reality tv shows and articles about surprise weddings and the bride being happy about it shouldn't be taken at face value.
Do you really think the woman is going to say she's unhappy about the surprise wedding?

I didn't read all the articles linked above, but the first one mentioned that two dresses were available to the bride and she choose the one that was 'comfortable'. A bride should feel special. Describing her wedding dress as 'comfortable' is sad.

The marriage is much more important than the wedding.
But the wedding is important. Its a celebration of your love.
Throw a surprise birthday party if you feel the need, but not a surprise wedding.

What's next?
After the birth of your child you'll say 'Surprise, Honey! I already filled out the Birth Certificate and named our child without your input!'.
After all, the child's name isn't the most important thing about having children.

And, finally, please don't stress out about making the proposal something over-the-top and tv-worthy.
Media seems to put so much pressure on people to do 'news worthy' stuff.
Relax. Pay attention to what Gypsy wrote.
Now and following marriage, pay attention to your loved one; note if she seems tired, overwhelmed, happy, etc.
Be someone she can trust, lean on, laugh with, and confide in.
Consider her feelings and get her input and advice on all major decisions and events - including your wedding.

Wishing you all the best!

Wombats

Shiny_Rock
I think it's a potentially manipulative idea which could result in the bride feeling pressured/ coerced into marriage.
I also think it's a trolling question.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results