shape
carat
color
clarity

surprise stone

nola362

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I am looking at engagement rings and I *love* the Jean Dousset designs. I wondered about the "signature stone" underneath the center stone. Would that affect the color of the diamond? Or make it hard to clean?

Thanks so much!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this for you?

The surprise stone is mostly a gimmick in my opinion. No it shouldn't affect the center and won't if the stone is well cut.

nola362

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply! Gimmick or not I think it looks cool :). And if it doesn't change the center stone or make it impossible to clean, it will stay on my list of possible features. Yes, it's for me - *just* starting to look so I'll check out a lot and then whittle down the list.

Thanks!

FYI, for those who aren't familiar... This is what I mean:

jd1.png

jd2.png

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm, interesting I guess but personally I'd prefer to have the "surprise gem" set in another ring so I could see it all the time.

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
I've been wondering about these myself and whether it is just a gimmick or truly an interesting feature (to jewelry enthusiasts).

The first example of this that I saw was on Mark Morrell's page (it was much more subtle, link below) and I've also seen stones hidden on the interior of the shank. My understanding is that the latter would make it hard to resize.

http://markmorrell.weebly.com/uploads/3/1/7/5/31753985/3590866_orig.jpg

nola362

Rough_Rock
For me, I don't really want visible color on the ring but I like the idea of maybe doing my boyfriend's birthstone. It would give it some extra meaning without having to put an amethyst on the outside of the ring.

nola362

Rough_Rock
@ac117 - that's good to know! I like options. Thanks :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results