shape
carat
color
clarity

Surprise Elara

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

grantguy

Rough_Rock
I''m in the military and have been overseas for awhile. The news that I was leaving came abruptly and I wasn''t able to purchase the ring I had been planning on purchasing, because of the time constraints it would take to make it. I bought a gorgeous colorless solitaire princess cut to propose with in Italy. However, I''ve secretly been researching and conducting the leg work on ordering my fiance''s dream ring from Elara (the ring I had originally intended to buy). Well it finally arrived and the jeweler (who has been outstanding) snapped a picture for me. I can''t wait to surprise her when I get home.

9.gif

ggelara262007.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Swaaaeeeett!!!!
30.gif
Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is really beautiful!! GOOD job!
36.gif

p.s. How long til you're home??

grantguy

Rough_Rock
Less than a month!
1.gif

She thinks we''re going wedding band shopping together. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the original princess cut I had bought to propose with. I might put it in a necklace for her birthday.
28.gif

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!!

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I espicially love the twist in the band!! Congrats!

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Oh man,
You just made my stomach get all wiggly!
That is just beautiful!
And I love the idea of turning the other diamond into a pendant,
shows you are thoughtful, sweet, and thinking about her!
ooooh, you are sweet!
Congratulations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s beautiful ring!! She''ll be so thrilled!!
I second the idea of putting the original stone in a necklace. Sounds like a great idea!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:20:50 AM
Author: 2danes
Oh man,
You just made my stomach get all wiggly!
That is just beautiful!
And I love the idea of turning the other diamond into a pendant,
shows you are thoughtful, sweet, and thinking about her!
ooooh, you are sweet!
Congratulations!
LOL! That cracks me up.

Your ring is gorgeous! I really love the twisted band. What a sweetie you must be, the pendant idea is great. She will be shocked!
36.gif
I am off to look up Elara!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:06:01 AM
Author: grantguy
Less than a month!
1.gif

She thinks we''re going wedding band shopping together. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the original princess cut I had bought to propose with. I might put it in a necklace for her birthday.
28.gif
Awww, she''s going to be SO surprised. I love it!!

And I was going to suggest a pendant.
5.gif
Just a suggestion, I''d have it set "on point", or with it sitting like a kite, instead of a square. Makes it more interesting/unusal.

grantguy

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys!

Ellen, those are the exact pendants I''ve been looking at. I think it will look good, its a really gorgeous diamond, I don''t want the setting to get in the way.

I''m still debating on how to surprise her. What I''ve come up with so far is to present her with the wedding band. When she tries it on with the solitaire, I''ll give her a few minutes, and then present her with the Elara e-ring. That way I get two surprises :), and two gorgeous smiles. What do you guys think? I''m open to suggestions.

1.gif

2danes

Shiny_Rock
She will be blown away!
Totally blown away!

btw, I LOVE the idea of setting the stone into the pendant rhombus-like (is that how you would describe it?)
or angled. So beautiful!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
How lovely!!
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2008 10:49:14 AM
Author: grantguy
Thanks guys!

Ellen, those are the exact pendants I've been looking at. I think it will look good, its a really gorgeous diamond, I don't want the setting to get in the way.

I'm still debating on how to surprise her. What I've come up with so far is to present her with the wedding band. When she tries it on with the solitaire, I'll give her a few minutes, and then present her with the Elara e-ring. That way I get two surprises :), and two gorgeous smiles. What do you guys think? I'm open to suggestions.

1.gif
I think your idea will work fine. And giving her the wedding band first, makes sure it gets some "admiration time", whereas if you gave her the Elara first, it might not be as "appreciated" in all the excitement.

And yes, I think the Princess would look lovely in a setting like that, where the stone shines, not the setting.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Hey, grantguy, I just wanted to say "THANKS for serving!" My dh is currently "over there" for 15 months but coming home on R&R next week! Woohoo! In addition to being an Army Wife, I am also a Marine Mom.

OMG, that ring is gorgeous!
30.gif
I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!

Don''t forget to come back and update us with the proposal details and the hand shots!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, that is just so sweet...and so BEAUTIFUL! She is going to love it, and turning the princess into a pendant is a perfect idea! I think your idea of how to present the rings to her is wonderful!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
What a sweetie you are! The new set is just gorgeous! I love the band!

Enjoy your surprise!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for serving ! ............... and good luck with the BEAUTIFUL ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it; beautiful band too. Wow, how romantic, Italy?!?!?! She will love it
3.gif
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that set. It''s beautiful!! I really like the band, it''s different than anything I''ve seen before. She will be sure to love it!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Congrats.....she is going to love it...........very beaurtiful

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely Beautiful!! She will love it!
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s stunning and beautiful, you really did an incredible job picking it out!! I hope we get to see some handshots after you propose!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The twist in the wedding band is so graceful! Very pretty set. Good luck on your proposal.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Awwwww! How sweet! I''m sure she''s going to LOVE it.

I like the idea of presenting them separately. You could even milk it a bit and say "this WB will go with the perfect E-ring that I want to buy you some day" etc., then bust it out and say something like "Guess what, that day is now!" She is going to be so excited. Come back and tell us the details!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rings! How lucky for her to get the extra diamond pendant as well!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results