shape
carat
color
clarity

superjeweler.com ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dan79

Rough_Rock
I was looking at this ring but they grade them with a company I''ve never heard of. I check their website and they''re located in the same building in New York as super jeweler... Seems weird.

14 Karat Yellow Gold 1ct Diamond Trellis-Style 3 Diamond Past, Present & Future Ring. The trellis style refers to the sweeping prongs, as seen from the side. This is our most popular style of Three Diamond Ring.
» Metal Content: 14K Yellow Gold
» Diamond Quality: I/J Color SI2 Clarity
» Diamond Weight: 1ct
» Metal Color: Yellow Gold

Retail Price : $2,975.00
SuperJeweler Price: $1,789.00
Sale Price : $997.00

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Comes with appraisal from World Gemological Laboratory... Make sure the diamonds are as represented. otherwise it can be in fact lower color and/or I1-3 clarity... What about proportion/cut? Check the return policies...

Dan79

Rough_Rock
Is the World Gemmological Laboratory a reputable organization for rating diamonds? I''ve never heard of them.
Pic1611.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/12/2006 7:09:06 PM
Author: Dan79
Is the World Gemmological Laboratory a reputable organization for rating diamonds? I''ve never heard of them.
Pic1611.jpg
Exactly - that is why PS Admin was cautioning you to be careful!

Dan79

Rough_Rock
They''ve got a 30 day return policy with no restocking fee so it might be worth trying and then having checked out locally.

Dan79

Rough_Rock
Well I received the ring. I would like your honest opinions. My opinion is that it sparkles really well but it has an overpowering yellow tint.

r_003aa.jpg

Dan79

Rough_Rock
Here is one other pic.

r_007a.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
World Gemological Lab may be okay, but not an organization on the same level as GIA. It probably would be more appropriate to call it a business not an organization. There grading may be on target, but it might not be. It is very difficult to know without examining the ring itself.

I find it incredible in a world of shrinking profit margins we still see such fantastic discounts being offered. One must ask, "Who sells these things for the original retail price quoted?" You might find the answer is "no one".

Dan79

Rough_Rock
No comments on what I received? I have a hard time believing these to be I/J color. They appear much lower.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So how much did you pay? the 1800? You should get a better quality product than that. If it's the 900, I wouldn't expect too much. It looks yellow in the pics, prongs are sloppy.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
hard to color grade already mounted.

Dan79

Rough_Rock
I paid $900. I''m strongly thinking of returning it and getting a half carat three stone for around $800 from a different jeweler. I''d like to order from blue nile but I can''t get that type of setup for a grand or less in yellow gold.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hard to tell from your pics. Usually when something seems too good to be true, it is. Blue Nile''s prices are pretty good. There are other reputable vendors who can beat Blue Nile''s prices by a bit, but if someone is beating it by a huge amount, I''d say it is probably too good to be true. Why not get an independent appraisal if you want to be sure?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
The prongs are very sloppy and not even touching the stone in some of them from the shots.

If you are not happy now, you will be even unhappier down the road with it. I would return it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results