shape
carat
color
clarity

Superb Cert Ideal H&A? Whiteflash Expert Selection?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
I''ve been running numbers through SuperbCert''s Ideal H&A (on the excel website) and they seem to be a great cut for considerably cheaper than their branded version. Does anyone have experience with these stones? I''d like a great cut, but I don''t care about branding. How do they compare to the Whiteflash Expert Selection?

Do I need to go up to ACA or SuperbCert? I''m trying to balance the 4Cs and I want an ideal cut, eye-clean (but I''m willing to go down to SI1 or maybe SI2 if still eyeclean) and down in color (maybe even to I or J if face-up white) to go up in carat. Budget is somewhere around $4k-6k total including the setting.

I''m hoping to get over 1 ct, maybe even 1.15-1.25 range heh heh but I want to make sure I''m not skimping on cut. Does anyone have photos or experiences with these diamonds? Is one a better value than the other? (WF v. SC?) I''m from California but will be visiting New York in June, so I could potentially check out the SC ones in person, but I don''t know if I want to wait that long.

Please help. I''m new to this :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
post some

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
The SuperCerts are "in house", the round Ideal H&A's are not. That being said, if you find one you think you might like, it might be worth it to call it in.

Have you checked out The White Flash expert selection? They are in house with pictures on cert info online.

Edited to add -- I should have read your entire post as you mentioned WF Expert Selection, sorry!

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
Is one better than the other? (WF v. Superb Cert Ideal H&A?)

Also, what kind of discount is there on WF? I know there''s the wire discount but I heard something about a Pricescope discount as well? Are they about the same quality?

I know the SC stones aren''t in house, but supposedly if you are interested they call them in and look at them first and can send more detailed pix, etc.

I know a lot of people on here go for the ACA stones, but if the Ideal H&A and Expert Selection are also great ideal cut stones then I might be willing to compromise on cut (taking ideal v. superideal) to get more size or color, or clarity, etc. I''m still really new at this though, so I really value your opinions here. (I came to this site knowing only that some diamonds are whiter than others, and the different shapes.
24.gif
)

I did look at rings briefly with my bf (at his suggestion) and I think I''ve convinced him to buy online. The diamonds we saw were Lazare (which might have been why they were so expensive) but way way more than anything I saw online (even the ACA and SuperbCert brand). I don''t care about brand name - all I want is a pretty stone.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know much about the differences between the two, but many people on here buy whiteflash''s ACA stones and they are all stunning. Whiteflash appears to have a better reputation on here based on how many people choose to purchase from them vs. excel, but that is just my observation from reading threads and nothing more.

I WILL tell you though that if you want a rock that sparkles cut is the one thing you shouldn''t compromise on. The cut is where all the sparkle comes from, so if you want that baby to shine, get the absolute best cut you can. You can compromise quite a bit on the color and/or clarity and still get a stunning stone. But if you compromise on cut you''re really compromising on sparkle!

Good luck!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
You can get a beautifully cut stone without it being a branded H&A''s!

It''s just easier to know what the WF expert selection look like because they are in house with a lot of information listed on the website. I''m sure Excel''s are nice too, just harder to see and compare. Once you know exactly what you are looking for, then you can a call a few in and compare them to the WF expert selection.

jessica_brooke

Rough_Rock
Well that''s my point, I was curious if getting an "ideal h&A" cut is settling, or if it''s still ideal, still hearts and arrows, still a great cut but just no brand name.
23.gif

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I have a Expert Selection and it is gorgeous. There are others here with ES or non-branded H&A and are very happy with them. I don''t personally believe you need branded or even H&A to have a beautiful diamond as long as it is cut well.
I have read great things about both WF and Excel. WF seems to be the "prefered" vendor on PS but there are plenty of people happy with the other vendors as well. Pick a few and call the vendor and ask for more info. That would be my advice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results