shape
carat
color
clarity

Super worried - feather, black crystals in VS2

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I have been waiting on my ring for a little over 3 months now and scheduled to pick up next Saturday. I just re-visited the diamond certificate and realized the diamond plot had crystals, feather and clouds. Whiteflash did mention, "The crystals in the H color are black but are very hard to see without a loupe. It is very nice and eye clean from all directions!” but didn't mention the feathers so I did some digging on this forum and found that feathers could mean cracks.

What should I do at this point? Am I freaking myself out?

Thank you all in advance. Screen Shot 2021-03-06 at 10.25.15 PM.png

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You could jump off a cliff?
You could also calm down.
1. how big is the diamond? If it is over 20 carat you may be able to see something. Under 2 carat - only if you are short sighted.
2. How close can you focus - measure it in inches or cm's

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock
You could jump off a cliff?
You could also calm down.
1. how big is the diamond? If it is over 20 carat you may be able to see something. Under 2 carat - only if you are short sighted.
2. How close can you focus - measure it in inches or cm's

It is a 2.91 carat H color VS2.

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock
with that spread of inclusions there is no way you will see anything unless you are super short sighted.

Should durability be a concern due to the feathers?

Thank you so much, Garry!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
@Cheriechewy I wouldn't worry. I have had a 2.85 carat (F) VS2 for 25+ years. It has feathers on the GIA cert. I have a 30x loupe and have a hard time finding anything in my stone. You have to look really hard to find them!

I hope you love your ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results